Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Unfortunately an issue came up during our build process overnight that prevents us from being able to consider a deployment today. We're working on a small patch to fix a couple of issues, and we'll have more about timing as soon as we can. This game update will correct this issue with the 32 bit game client in addition to a chest issue in the new Legendary Droaam quests.
    yikes good luck hope the fallout isnt ugly with tomorrow being friday and all

Community Member

This shouldn't even be an issue... this update should have been tested on 32bit, before it was implemented. Upon implementation, you now have more than half of customers shut out of the game because you f'd up... 24hrs later you still have more than half of your customers shut out of the game... THIS UPDATE SHOULD BE REVERTED AND TAKEN BACK TO TESTING. To appease the majority of your customers. The longer you keep them out of the game, the more apt they are to go find something else to play and spend money on

Community Member

Default Half?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibtoe View Post
    This shouldn't even be an issue... this update should have been tested on 32bit, before it was implemented. Upon implementation, you now have more than half of customers shut out of the game because you f'd up... 24hrs later you still have more than half of your customers shut out of the game... THIS UPDATE SHOULD BE REVERTED AND TAKEN BACK TO TESTING. To appease the majority of your customers. The longer you keep them out of the game, the more apt they are to go find something else to play and spend money on
    More than half of their customers? You have seen these counts? You know that many are shut out? Cite the references of how you came to those numbers. Look.. Cordovan updated us here a little earlier. While they were working on the problem last night they discovered another problem. That's great! Not that there is an additional problem but that they discovered it during the process of examining the launcher crash trouble. Majority of customers? Over Half? Methinks you are speaking numbers you have not researched.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariellyn View Post
    More than half of their customers? You have seen these counts? You know that many are shut out? Cite the references of how you came to those numbers. Look.. Cordovan updated us here a little earlier. While they were working on the problem last night they discovered another problem. That's great! Not that there is an additional problem but that they discovered it during the process of examining the launcher crash trouble. Majority of customers? Over Half? Methinks you are speaking numbers you have not researched.
    TBH the numbers dont much matter there are some of the player base unable to play i know of a few from our guild ....thats what matters

Community Member

Default Might One Additional Change be Made?

Unfortunately an issue came up during our build process overnight that prevents us from being able to consider a deployment today. We're working on a small patch to fix a couple of issues, and we'll have more about timing as soon as we can. This game update will correct this issue with the 32 bit game client in addition to a chest issue in the new Legendary Droaam quests.
    Occasionally I've been checking the thread for this sort of information update. While around I read through a few other threads. I see with the update there are new trap/door detection icons that appear over heads of the spotters. I have read there are also sounds accompanying these icons. Annoying sounds most of the posts have been saying. I can imagine that annoying; icons and sounds triggering multitudes of times in areas of many mines or bear traps. I play myself by sound as much as by sight. A footstep, a growl, a breaking barrel.. I don't want to miss those sounds for having them drowned out by another output that may be constant and multiple (multiple from many traps and/or several spotters on a team). While taking more time to set right the game client and a chest issue would it be any trouble to add method allowing the new trap/door detection audio/video alerts to be turned off? Would removing the addition totally cause clients to leave the game or new clients to not join? If not might removing the addition all together be considered? I have a feeling.. well.. scrap that.. I know I won't like the audio portion at least. I really do use sound as much as sight to play. Responses related to the new alert make me think the method will be obtrusive to hearing other sounds.

Community Member

Default Of Course Not, of Course

Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    TBH the numbers dont much matter there are some of the player base unable to play i know of a few from our guild ....thats what matters
    Of course the numbers don't much matter.. except for counting money and time. Of course what does matter is some of the player base is unable to play. I'm one of the "unables". What I meant was not what matters more or less than something else but when speaking numbers know the numbers. Cite the references that leads to the conclusion of figures or estimates of figures. Never did like listening to speech about this, that or something else concluded with "look it up" or nothing at all cited. I wonder every time if that's what people tell their college professors when asked for credible reference. "Hey, professor, look it up".

7. 04-27-2023, 12:45 PM

Community Member

Default Cash refunds

I think the fair thing to do would be to calculate the fair daily cash value, and refund people's money based on a daily rate. Stop giving us bogus stuff. Just refund our daily rate!

Default Just to be clear...

"In the meantime, players can access the game using the 64 bit client" is not true for numerous players. Neither the 32-bit nor the 64-bit client function correctly. It may well be possible that more players are able to utilize the 64-bit, but this isn't a justification to delay on the fix of the 32-bit client.
    The slaves dreams not of freedom, but of being the master.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grymli View Post
    "In the meantime, players can access the game using the 64 bit client" is not true for numerous players. Neither the 32-bit nor the 64-bit client function correctly. It may well be possible that more players are able to utilize the 64-bit, but this isn't a justification to delay on the fix of the 32-bit client.
    There is no delay, it is being worked on and deployed as soon as is possible.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grymli View Post
    Is there any useful data on the differences between the cases of broken and working 64-bit clients?

I have one of each here, the Steam version is working but the directly installed one isn't. It's pretty much known that Steam does something with library calls and graphics... more so if you have the overlay turned on.

(Then again, I'm on Linux and with a bit of a bothersome GPU model too.)
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of a few more DDO players.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Is there any useful data on the differences between the cases of broken and working 64-bit clients?

I have one of each here, the Steam version is working but the directly installed one isn't. It's pretty much known that Steam does something with library calls and graphics... more so if you have the overlay turned on.

(Then again, I'm on Linux and with a bit of a bothersome GPU model too.)
    I'm using the regular install (non-steam), if that helps the devs out.

My problem is what a bunch of people are getting: randomly crashes (~80% of the time) when zoning (whether its teleport, or zoning in/out of a dungeon, or even zoning inside a dungeon.)

edit: Windows 10, with very mainstream modern hardware (no problems ever on other games or apps... including many 64-bit apps/games)
    Last edited by Kalaxia; 04-27-2023 at 03:09 PM.

Community Member

Unfortunately an issue came up......
    Hey I don't normally post to the forums and I'm not sure where to put this break. Not only did you have a 32 bit client issue, but in some slayer areas I was running around in today, while talking on the phone, I realized after 10 or so minutes there was no count being accumulated for kills. First one was Giant Hold and it was not counting the other kills, but it was counting the giant kills. Second area I happened to be running around in was Storm Horns and in there I ran the entire west side lower area and did not accumulate one kill, however the journals were counting properly. I did get count in Kings Forest, Orchard, Wheloon, High Road and Thunderholme. Was thinking about going to some of the smaller areas and lower level stuff to look, but I think I will leave that to you guys.

There is an old post about 64 bit client if using a nvidia card but you will need to search for it. This will not fix a NON nvidia graphics card
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

Quote Originally Posted by TonkaBabe View Post
    Hey I don't normally post to the forums and I'm not sure where to put this break. Not only did you have a 32 bit client issue, but in some slayer areas I was running around in today, while talking on the phone, I realized after 10 or so minutes there was no count being accumulated for kills. First one was Giant Hold and it was not counting the other kills, but it was counting the giant kills. Second area I happened to be running around in was Storm Horns and in there I ran the entire west side lower area and did not accumulate one kill, however the journals were counting properly. I did get count in Kings Forest, Orchard, Wheloon, High Road and Thunderholme. Was thinking about going to some of the smaller areas and lower level stuff to look, but I think I will leave that to you guys.
    In another thread, Cordovan indicated that it was known that Random Encounters in several wilderness areas were not granting xp or rewards as they should. No confirmation on slayer issues, but it's been reported on the forums by multiple people at this point. I think I'd be nice to have a "known issues" area so we know what issues are currently being worked on.
    Livestream at http://twitch.tv/nomaddog

High Rollers Alts: Brighton, Compleat, Aggrotech
    +5 to Sexterity Alts: Ruffintumble, Soulmistress, Spellmann

Community Member KrisuvialArcana's Avatar

Default Glad it's being worked on

Total bummer. We can't log in either. I saw in some other threads about crashing in the load screens. Just recently I was getting some strange blink delay between clicking on a character to log in. Not sure what it means other than it is probably relevant to something.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the update on the progress. As much as the whinging and moaning about when DDO is down for even a few of us (we're all so few though...). I think maybe we have collectively forgotten how skeletal the DDO crew is anymore, which is another can of sad worms about things we can't change from ...higher management. Maybe the Vaunt devices are real...
    Last edited by KrisuvialArcana; 04-27-2023 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    To quote the sage - Freakers gonna freak freak freak.

Community Member

I guess I've always used 32 bit client, and didn't realize. How do I load the 64 bit client?

Quote Originally Posted by Invertebrae View Post
    I guess I've always used 32 bit client, and didn't realize. How do I load the 64 bit client?
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, both with 64 bit clients. Still unable to log in.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Invertebrae View Post
    I was having issues launching the game. I was able to launch the game by simply selecting the 64bit box under options.
    On the launcher .. click the pull down at the top right. Select Options. Then under the general tab you should see a 64bit option.

Worked for me only after researching the 64bit stuff and happened to trip over a reference to options on the launcher....
    Lucky I found it tbh. Would have been nice if someone had mentioned it here earlier.

Community Member

Default 64 bit version

I have been running the 64 bit version for years and My launcher gives me a screen that there is another version running and to shut that down to continue. when I go into the task manager there is no copy running on the computer. I uninstalled my game and reinstalled it in the 64 but version and when I tried to log into the game again I got the same statement on the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
    I was having issues launching the game. I was able to launch the game by simply selecting the 64bit box under options.
    On the launcher .. click the pull down at the top right. Select Options. Then under the general tab you should see a 64bit option.

Worked for me only after researching the 64bit stuff and happened to trip over a reference to options on the launcher....
    Lucky I found it tbh. Would have been nice if someone had mentioned it here earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofAlba View Post
    I posted this question a little bit ago, and have now found the answer, so sharing in case helpful to anyone else!

On the launcher window, click on the little down arrow key at the top, and it will give options of various settings. Under the general tab, one option is 32 or 64 bit.
    Better to say that it would have been more appropriate to include a link or reference to where the selection was possible - which despite having played for years, I'd never bothered to explore. Turns out I was running 32 bit the whole time!

This appears to have done the trick in my case, though I won't know for certain until the weekend. As always, a proper user test server (which I've been angrily & repeatedly told Lam is NOT) would probably have been worthwhile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast