Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Uska d'Orien View Post
    Just a note to all following this thread the OP is a excellent player and great to have in a group we ran in the Vons I think it was without a cleric and he raised several of us using scrolls(wish I hadnt been broke and could have gave him pp for those) his bard would be of more use as a healer or whatever then some clerics I have ran with. To my Guild leader if you see this you should try to recruit this guy and his friend.
    I was not going to bring that up! LOL

It was a very good run, and I will always do all I can with my character to help a party. One person was kind enough to give me some Plat, it was unneccessary, but i did immediately use that to restock of rez scrolls for the rest of the Von runs..

And by the way, it was a great group, exceptional if you consider I do not consider myself a "healing" bard! LOL

Thanks for the kind words my friend.
    “In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer.”- Mark Twain

Turbines Favorite Quote? :
    “Carpe per diem - seize the check.” - Robin Williams

I recommend creating your own groups... however if you see me around just ask. I'll be there to help if I can.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post
    I recommend creating your own groups... however if you see me around just ask. I'll be there to help if I can.
    I have not had occasion to group with you consistently, but the times me, and Nyneve((I think you knew her as Tshmarra)), have grouped with you were a pleasure.
    “In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer.”- Mark Twain

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbreaker View Post
    I concur with Uska. Not because I've grouped with the OP... but because I've grouped with Auks, and he's one of the most enjoyable players out there.
    Why thank you

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member Indrn_Fretgoop's Avatar

Default Wierd party design

The defenders usually do wierd one sided 12 man everything under the sun raids and if you get the loot you get the loot the point is to have fun and do some questing. I can't tell you how many times I have unneccarily run chain of the flames, and offering of blood for guildies because they needed to get DQ ready. We even basically four manned offering of blood. It's fun to kill stuff and it's fun to get the super uber loot but you can do raids every two days so the crazy people who need 48 pieces of raid loot let them and do your own thing!
    Dwarven Defenders of Khyber
    Officer (retired) Salinias Fretgoop LVL Fighter
    Inlestar Fretgoop lvl 10 Wizard
    Ghom Fretgoop LvL 12 Cleric/1 paladin

UnDwarven Defenders
    Officer Mr. Riedra 2007 AKA Khlondor Fretgoop LVL 12 Bard 10/2Rogue/2ranger(100 Velah kills, 16 titan kills, 5 Marilith kills)
    (Semi Retired) Sali Fretgoop LVL 13 Cleric
    LiLoneses Fretgoop Lvl 14 Intimibatman Extrodinare!

"If the world is my oyster then where the **** is my pearl of Power X?"

Well, I am very discouraged now. While I admit, I have had many folks in here have open dialog, and I think while may not agree 100% with me, they understand what I am trying to say. I have had several PM's of folks agreeing with me and giving good advice.

I have just now checked and I had two very dissapointing PM's. One was extremely vulgar and attacked me. And the second was a little more thought out, but at the end when they say they mean no offense, it usually is a give away..

All being said and done, I am gonna let this thread go. And I am seriously contemplating just hanging up the keyboard on this game so to speak. I have spoke with Nyn and she literally said whatever, wherever, I want to go, she is there....so the reason I came back to the game will follow to a new venture if that is the path.

Time will tell....there are good folks out there, but I believe some of my hard lines on the exploit threads, and my desire for friendship to win out over loot has brought a very vocal minority out. As it stands my first order of business when logging in tonight is to hit all of my toons and list several names in my squelch aka do not group with list. This was by their request, as well as mine..

Thanks folks, I will just try to be a silent lemming, like some of these folks expect..

Default Don't let the b4$#4&@s get to you

Hi Shadamear,

There are a lot of great players on Riedra and a few that would not be missed if they left. Alas, you will find this true on all servers for all MMOs.

I'm an officer in the Order of the Scarlet Leaf. We are allied with Ransack and Legion of Doom. My experience has been than whenever a raid party is put together from guildies and allies that you will find a spot available, pretty much regardless of your class. Even better is that the larger pool means there is always someone who is prepared to be party captain even if you're organizing the event!

As other members of various guilds have said, feel free to look us up in-game, you can also visit osl.guildportal.com (we have links to our allies as well).

And don't let bad apples get to you.

Cheers,
    Fysk.

Quote Originally Posted by ErroneousFrog View Post
    Hi Shadamear,

There are a lot of great players on Riedra and a few that would not be missed if they left. Alas, you will find this true on all servers for all MMOs.

I'm an officer in the Order of the Scarlet Leaf. We are allied with Ransack and Legion of Doom. My experience has been than whenever a raid party is put together from guildies and allies that you will find a spot available, pretty much regardless of your class. Even better is that the larger pool means there is always someone who is prepared to be party captain even if you're organizing the event!

As other members of various guilds have said, feel free to look us up in-game, you can also visit osl.guildportal.com (we have links to our allies as well).

Cheers,
    Fysk.
    Thank you for your words Fysk. I am pretty sure I have run with some of your folks before. I associate it only with good if my memory serves me. And depending on the adult beverage of that evening, it is usually an ok memory..

I know what you mean about the folks in a MMO. I have been playing these stupid games for approaching 8 years now I think...? I also know that if a game is not fu, no matter the reasons, there is no reason to waste your money.....So we will see.

I will let Nyneve/Rwyaan know to watch for you folks, and if it feels like there is a comfort level there, we will explore an opportunity I am sure. Assuming we stay..

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Shadamear View Post
    Well, I am very discouraged now. While I admit, I have had many folks in here have open dialog, and I think while may not agree 100% with me, they understand what I am trying to say. I have had several PM's of folks agreeing with me and giving good advice.

I have just now checked and I had two very dissapointing PM's. One was extremely vulgar and attacked me. And the second was a little more thought out, but at the end when they say they mean no offense, it usually is a give away..

All being said and done, I am gonna let this thread go. And I am seriously contemplating just hanging up the keyboard on this game so to speak. I have spoke with Nyn and she literally said whatever, wherever, I want to go, she is there....so the reason I came back to the game will follow to a new venture if that is the path.

Time will tell....there are good folks out there, but I believe some of my hard lines on the exploit threads, and my desire for friendship to win out over loot has brought a very vocal minority out. As it stands my first order of business when logging in tonight is to hit all of my toons and list several names in my squelch aka do not group with list. This was by their request, as well as mine..

Thanks folks, I will just try to be a silent lemming, like some of these folks expect..

Dont let jerks and idiots drive you and Nyn away, we have plenty of players on our server who play just for fun and new friends, just hang in there and ignore the bad apples.

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ErroneousFrog View Post
    Hi Shadamear,

Cheers,
    Fysk.

I havent played with your guild but Ransack and the Legion of doom members have been fun and I cant think of any of them I would not want to group with again.

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska d'Orien View Post
    I havent played with your guild but Ransack and the Legion of doom members have been fun and I cant think of any of them I would not want to group with again.
    i can think of a suicidal wf i ran with in invaders from LoD. yes i refused to heal or res him. funny thing was many said he is a good player, not from my experience. kaarak was with me in that quest, i was playing cylene my clr.

my policy is simple, you act stupid once or twice, i dun mind. you continue to act stupid after i hinted thrice, i will act stupid with ya. i'll forget how to heal, stat remove and rez
    If you want to know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    i can think of a suicidal wf i ran with in invaders from LoD. yes i refused to heal or res him. funny thing was many said he is a good player, not from my experience. kaarak was with me in that quest, i was playing cylene my clr.

my policy is simple, you act stupid once or twice, i dun mind. you continue to act stupid after i hinted thrice, i will act stupid with ya. i'll forget how to heal, stat remove and rez

I know not whom you speak of, but i will say this, a WF that is not built with at least SOME mind toward the poor healers who will try to keep them up are some of the most selfish in the game.

Many of us have stories of the bad WF player. I know several very good WF players. But this one in particular literally debated that he did not have healers friend, or a Shield, so he can drop the MoB's faster. Forget that he died like....I can't remember, but maybe 5 times, because you just cannot HEAL a WF taking that kind of damage fast enough as the only healer in the group.

If someone wants to play a WF, that is perfectly fine. But if you pay no attention to your build in the most basic areas to help the healers, I will only use mana on you...I will not waste my money on wands to hit you for 50% what I will hit non WF for. Then when out of Mana and we Party wipe, the blame game can start.....but it is too expesive to run a healer.

That being said, I know of one WG that does not have Healers Friend, does not use a Shield, and this dude is cool as heck.....He comes fully armed with mega quantity of pots, and alwasy asks the caster, would you mind using this wand I am going to give to help keep me on my feet? Further, everytime I have seen him die, he usually has a little laughin his voice and says, "Such is the life of a WF" or some such. Cool player, and I wand him as I can. Because he invests in the party also with his contributions and pots.

Default helo

if u need anyhelp just send tell i wil tell u how much it charges...me.

(dont expect anything gud frm true freak)

I mostly play Rangers and it's the same ol' song and dance. I had trouble getting into groups just today even and luckily got into a Reaver pre-raid group but was asked "can you tank." Luckily I got into the group. But I can honestly say I was ignored by about five groups when I asked to join them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12