Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Huh, I got pretty good treasure when I soloed it. I always make sure when I'm soloing (i.e., nearly always) to make it back before the 5 mins expired. I get the most expensive drink in the tavern and keep healing myself.

Really annoying to have all the hard work go to waste.

Default if your a caster :)

itll help if you have flaming hands , scorching ray,fire wall,or try to get a sunblade

I soloed it just fine but i am experienced. For starters there really is never a good time to go after the necro. There is nothing in there but yoru death and or blindness. If you are set on it here is the best advice you will get. Break the door down and run back into the hallway and around the corner. The Necro has mad aggro and he will follow but he is way faster then his minions so just lay in wait and smoke his dumb azzz. The biggest thing that gets people is teh confined space that they are all trying to fit in to kill him. He loves to cast blind and sleet storm and all kinds of other nonsense.

The arcane yeah lead off with LoH and make sure you buffed acid, lightning, and protection from evil. Use a bludgeoning item and just wail one him. If you die and have to recall get the most expensive restorative in the bar and get ur butt back in the quest.

Soloing is easy if you take it a step at a time.
    Menttal Darcstalker
    Sun War Academy - Retired

Rogue/Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    Inflict spam will still hurt
    Yah, but you can counter with Tasty Ham.

I solo'd catacombs w a ranger/rogue. Both deaths involved the arcanes, one in the library, one in the stairwell. I stopped dancing and prancing, and started bashing my way through them. I got hurt pretty good, but they got killed even worser.
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

Quote Originally Posted by steelblade View Post
    itll help if you have flaming hands , scorching ray,fire wall,or try to get a sunblade
    burning hands you mean? firewall would mean hes a L9 wiz/sor. at that lvl you cant really have much problem in stk
    If you want to know why...

Level 7 actually for Fire Wall, but the overall point stands. And it applies for hard/elite where it would be a bit more challenging for a level 7.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    How are your buffs being dispelled? They don't cast dispel.
    I have personally been hit by a Chain Lightning from a Kobold Shaman in Waterworks part 2 on Hard. Casters get spells they should not. Turbine does some wacky things indeed.

I would not doubt that the Arcane Skeleton has been given Dispel, Fireball, Hold Monster, Cometfall, Finger of Death or any other spell it would likely not use.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCREWJOHN View Post
    Also, beware of the human necromancer, and his minions. They are very tough. He casts blindness before emerging from the tube. I was able to stun his minnions with a turn undead, and escape to the level below with about 15 hp remaining. So much for that wand of cure light. I guess next time I will carry two of them.
    At level 3 you can use Cure Moderate, buyable at the Wand Vendor in the Bazaar(up on the platform, you have to use the catwalks). They cost just over 700 PP.

At level 5 you can use the extremely overpriced Cure Serious wands buyable in the House Jorasco or House Phiarlan magic shops. Bring at least 1450 PP.

Sometimes... ok almost ALL the time, a Cure Light just won't do.

Default The cost of escalation

Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post

At level 5 (Rng/Rog) I'm starting to agree. I get CLW wands from Giles in the Harbor, but really they are just for topping off when I'm in a lull between fights. And, I'm not overburdened with HP to begin with.
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

if you have a hard time with the arcane or the 3 hobgoblins on the bridge, you're going to LOVE the gate warden lol.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Roa - Fernian Nuker

Default im lvl 11 going to 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    burning hands you mean? firewall would mean hes a L9 wiz/sor. at that lvl you cant really have much problem in stk
    im wiz10 fight1 doing stk for end reward so its on norm DONT SOLO GIANT
    its hard to melee on norm even with giant bane and greater giant bane

Don't solo the boss is very wise advice. Dude if you don't know here is what happens. You can't scratch the guy unless you critical because of his damage reduction. I recommend you use a adamite weapon or get a mage friend with magic missile or niac's cold ray
    I am a founder but I only joined the forums recently.

CHARACTERS

Kyhber:
    Arkatsson 4/1 bard/sorc
    Arktia 2 wizard
    ArkatssonJr 3 fighter
    Mikai 1/5 fighter/paladin
    Otaki Akichi 1 paladin

Adar:
    (name is too long to put ) 1 fighter

Fernia:
    Mikai 1 paladin

Argonnessen:
    Mikai 1 paladin

Tharashk:
    Tzuhow 2 cleric

Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
    At level 3 you can use Cure Moderate, buyable at the Wand Vendor in the Bazaar(up on the platform, you have to use the catwalks). They cost just over 700 PP.

At level 5 you can use the extremely overpriced Cure Serious wands buyable in the House Jorasco or House Phiarlan magic shops. Bring at least 1450 PP.

just to make you kick yourself - if you spent a lot of time running around those catwalks to go buy cure mod wands. . . there's a ramp on that backside of that platform that you can just run right up from the ground level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12