Default the free weekend

well the game has not changed in 10 months i see .
    Good points the mail system is a feature that almust ever other game and now D&D

people farming the same 2 chest becuase lack of content.
    the game cost the same as or more then other's per month , with 15 times the content. but ,then again they do not use exscuse that it for casual player's . if that was a case make it free like guild wars .

rewards system < chest > and quest rewards random gen. still sucks 3 star out of 100 I love my +2 holy throwing dagger of vermin bane or my dagger of construct bane

exp is the game 1 star out of 100

call me back again when you really have some thing to show

Coldmist 10.4 rouge

Elroon 10.4 cleric

Community Member

What?

Here let me translate: "I was not impressed by the new content during the free weekend. Turbine is charging too much for this game. I also do not like the randomly generated rewards in the two chests that I have looted. I give DDO 1 star out of 100. Please call me next year when I can play for free, I will be playing WoW until then."

Quote Originally Posted by coldmist View Post
    Good points the mail system is a feature that almust ever other game and now D&D

the game cost the same as or more then other's per month , with 15 times the content. but ,then again they do not use exscuse that it for casual player's . if that was a case make it free like guild wars .

rewards system < chest > and quest rewards random gen. still sucks 3 star out of 100 I love my +2 holy throwing dagger of vermin bane or my dagger of construct bane

After a long absence you just happen to play over the weekend. You can't judge whats been dropping out of the chests because honestly you have no idea. If DDO was giving out vorpals everytime you got your chest what would be the point of playing the game? I'd rather get random loot because you might get **** or you might get something else good. That makes players "unique". It is what we call Random Loot.

Try searching for new quests instead of hitting loot areas. Your just mad you didn't pull anything good while hearing someone tell you how they pulled 3 paralyzers. Ask Balian, he's pulled 7.

This game isn't for everyone so if you feel like you don't want to play anymore. Then don't. Simply that.
    Officer - Proud Member - Co- Founder
    The Hand of the Black Tower
    Beldar - Beldorian - Beld - Beldamus - Beldinator
    1st WF to recieve Titan Loot ( Beld )

Thanks for the translation, Winnskier. I do not speak or read fluent Idiot. If you don't like the game, don't play.
    Finding traps with my forehead since March '06.
    I am ugly, and Mom dresses me funny.

Proud member of Outcast Defenders of Khyber.

At least he came back, for the free weekend, I mean, he obviously wants to play, but I don't think he wants to play for the right reasons.....

All of the reasons he stated have to do with features, or probabilities generated by the DDO MMO engine. The Mail system is just a way to shuffle items to mules or twinks. The cost of the game for one months subscription is a fraction of the cost for the actual PnP books+gas money+time reading the books+ time getting to a GM's house+snacks.

All of these points to someone who did not enjoy the PnP game are valid, but for someone who is a role-player, and doesn't zerg for xp/loot/kills/bragging rights, they are no big deal.

Please come back Coldmist, maybe after your current MMO makes you mad, you'll swing by again, to get mad at this one. I hope you don't mind if I don't recognize you when you do come back, because I like playing with people that are fun to role-play with.

Sincerely,
    Shaamis is REBORN! Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!! - DeathSmile Guild on Hardcore - The Drunken Monk of Stormreach on all other servers!

Do every quest on Elite, try different builds, maybe add a little to the community. Then after you have all that, come back and tell me that the game sucks and you don't want to play anymore. At that point, I'll say okay, point taken.

Adios amigo.

And to think I still play daily and have since day one. And the only thing loot wise I do is TS. The game is in the groups and the people you quest with. But a personality is required. (Hi Beldar).
    Help, Turbine has me but their wearing oily gloves.

If you like WoW more than this game, it's likely that you fit in better, there.

DDO, in my experience, is head and shoulders above WoW. Its clientele is considerably more mature, the interface is VR instead of cartoon, there is realtime combat interaction, rather than autoattack (shield blocks vs. weapon swings), and the developers work full time, rather than seasonally. DDO is my second MMO. I played WoW because everyone in my crew left Diablo for it, when it was released. I migrated to DDO when it was released (post-Beta; my application for Beta was ignored) because I'd played AD&D, many years ago, and knew it well, once.

I went back for a month for BC, but AD&D is where I learned what a paladin is and WoW has no love for paladins. Furthermore, its players act like immature harpies.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Hey jed
    Officer - Proud Member - Co- Founder
    The Hand of the Black Tower
    Beldar - Beldorian - Beld - Beldamus - Beldinator
    1st WF to recieve Titan Loot ( Beld )

Translation:

Game has not changed - They still havent put that vorpal in my inventory so Hmph I'm leaving.

No content - Forget the 60+ quests they have added in the last 6 months I want my leading me by a carrot on a pole WOW content that I can play forever and walk 4 hours just to get to one quest.

Reward system - I didnt try the Favor system at all, didnt give the game a chance. I want my WOW now.

exp is the game 1 star out of 100 - I love WOW, I give everything to WOW, WOW is the heaven I have been waiting for, please charge me more WOW. I worship thee.

call me back again when you really have some thing to show - WAAAAA!!! I want my vorpal WAAAA!!! I want my Vorpal WAAAAA!!!!.

Comon mist post something constructive other than I logged in for 5 minutes then went back to WOW. Sheesh I hate these posts. Why not posting something specific such as why you dont like it, what the heck does "no content" mean and that. Anything else is a waist of my time.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the one who sends it a res.
    Unrestricted free agent
    Khyber
    Characters - Terrah, Elayne, Shiado, Ranok, Rattchet

Community Member

Please name one other game with monthly free updates then. It is actually less expensive to play ddo since you don't have to pay for so many expansions and eventually there will a lot of content since they update monthly. I'm happy to not have to shell out $30 every 5 months for garbage like I did when I played eq1 that u can't even buy in the store anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sieg33 View Post
    Please name one other game with monthly free updates then.
    City of Heroes and Cityof Villians do free updates, jsut FYI, but yeah I love both CoH/CoV and DDO, mainly due to not having to pay 60 bucks for a new expansion that has a few new levels and about 10 new quests.

The main selling point to me for DDO was when I realized that Turbine not only gave free updates, but gave the once a month (some smaller than others). But since I ain't gotta pay 60 bucks to hit level 12 and another 60 to hit level 14 plus i get to play all the new content, I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushas View Post
    City of Heroes and Cityof Villians do free updates, jsut FYI, but yeah I love both CoH/CoV and DDO, mainly due to not having to pay 60 bucks for a new expansion that has a few new levels and about 10 new quests.

The main selling point to me for DDO was when I realized that Turbine not only gave free updates, but gave the once a month (some smaller than others). But since I ain't gotta pay 60 bucks to hit level 12 and another 60 to hit level 14 plus i get to play all the new content, I am happy.
    MONTHLY.

CoH/CoV updates are quarterly at best.

Sorry, didn't mean monthly, just meant CoH/CoV did free updates, yeah quarterly would be putting in nicely, but was just saying they are free also. I mainly meant that DDO did monthly stuff, sorry bout that.

Default Monthly?....

Just double checking...

VoN...
    Litany 1...
    Desert...
    Litany 2...
    Ataraxia... does 2 quests count?
    Gianthold...
    Scorching 2? quests? or was it just 1?

did I miss 7+ content updates? Looks like bimonthly, which isn't that far off of quarterly people.

Don't get me wrong, I dig DDO, I'm in for the long haul. I've got a lifetime to LOTRO that I hardly use because I'd rather be playing DDO. But let's be honest when we talk about things.

Vox

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    Furthermore, its players act like immature harpies.
    phfew. for a second i thought you were talking about me. i'm more dire korbyish though...

WOW, holy vampire thread.
    ........../..................................
    @###|=====Redemption=====-
    ..........\..................................

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Just double checking...

VoN...
    Litany 1...
    Desert...
    Litany 2...
    Ataraxia... does 2 quests count?
    Gianthold...
    Scorching 2? quests? or was it just 1?

did I miss 7+ content updates? Looks like bimonthly, which isn't that far off of quarterly people.

Don't get me wrong, I dig DDO, I'm in for the long haul. I've got a lifetime to LOTRO that I hardly use because I'd rather be playing DDO. But let's be honest when we talk about things.

Vox
    Did you forget the Twilight Forge