Community Member

Default Demon queen can be cursed

Moonfire pestered me to post this and I finally remembered.

Not sure if this is commonly known, but we ran the DQ the other night and cursed her, not the best screen cap I know but I was busy running away from her at the time.

Will get a better one with details in a few days, we have a great 4 man squad who can run it in less than 28 minutes and are working on making that much shorter.

Boromir is slain (he really should have purchased armor and a ranged weapon during character creation), and the Halflings are taken.

Impressive. How long does she stay cursed for?

Community Member

Nice Screenie. (Except that Moonfire has died line heh heh)

This is Moonfire, using a cursespewing bow, I would say she stayed cursed about 10 seconds. Not sure if it comes off everytime she ports or not. She can be destructed, which we do then triple shot her with cold iron arrows out the Silver Bow. Well, in the last 20% I never use special arrows until then.

So in your opinion is it worth the extra shots it takes to curse her versus damaging with the silver bow?

Then the same question would have to be asked again for a greater bane bow. And again for anyone not using cold iron arrows.

I am pretty sure destruction is worth the time though, especially before a many shot is initiated.

Community Member

The Curse is not worth the time.

My biggest worry is her wrack. That is not affected if she cursed or not.
    If she catches up to me, I either make the over run or not, again if she cursed it does not change my chances. Her attacks kill me whether she is cursed or not. It is not worth the time.

Then again, if strategies change, her being able to be cursed is just another tool in our belt. And that is a good thing.

Curse isn't covered in the blanket immunities red/purple named bosses get. The biggest advantage of curse is the lower saves of the cursed creature, which doesn't matter much with the other immunities available to red/purple named bosses.

I like to curse anyway, it can only help.

Founder

The curse off the bow is on a timer and she can recover from that, like destruction (-4 AC). If you could do a Bestow Curse, that would be permanent.

Try using some of the symbols on her. Also, the Ray of Enfeeblement/Exhaustion, Waves of Fatigue line of spells, they work pretty well on her too.

Community Member

Just another thread resurrected by The Great Forum Nerf of '07

Nothing to see here, move along. I'm sure Jincay has his times well under 28 minutes now.