Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default List of quests that cannot be solo'd

Well, since I enjoy running lower level quests for favor and such, and it is difficult to find people who want to do these the way I like to do them (Ie: even on a favor quest, you kill everything, smash every barrel, find every secret possible, etc...none of this "rush to the end and ignore everything else" nonsense"), I end up soloing quite a few of them. This has run me into the issue of some of Turbine's design mechanics, which make certain quests absolutely positively impossible for 1 person to accomplish alone. I think a list of such quests is in order.

For the purposes of this list, there is only 1 qualification that matters, and that is a lever, switch, floor pedastal, etc that requires one person in one location, and a second (or more) person in another. So for example, the difficulty of killing Velah by yourself does not qualify VoN6 for this list.

There are 2 types of quests that need multiple people. There are ones that require floor runes to be stood upon, and there are ones that have levers or switches, or wall runes, or...whatever, that need to be activated. Floor runes are essentially pressure-activated, and any creature standing on them is sufficient. With clever use of spells like Summon Monster, Halt Undead, Hold Monster, etc, you can "convince" NPCs to stand on the floor runes and substitute for a player. Switches, wall runes, levers must be activated by players.

Floor runes:

The Xorian Cipher, House J. Requires 4.
    The Tomb Of The Burning Heart, House P (Necropolis). Requires 4.

Levers/Switches/Runes:

Rest For The Restless, House P. Requires 2. [Can be solo'd if you are willing to recall out and enter]
    The Missing Party (Delera's 2), House J. Requires 2.
    The Tomb Of The Shadow King, House P (Necropolis). Requires 2.
    The Vault Of Night (VoN5), House K. Requires 3.
    Last edited by Matuse; 01-24-2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Updates, formatting

The Pit requires at least 3.
    (EightySix-16 Cleric)(Lockwood-10 Fighter/3 Paliden/3 Rogue)(Trapspringer-13 Ranger/2 Fighter/1 Rogue)(Darkwatch-12 Fighter/3 Paliden/1 Rogue)(KillDash Nine-15 Wizard/1 Bard)(Chaosxy-16 Sorcerer)(Rockcutter-16 Monk)(Accidental-15 Bard/1 Fighter)(Chainsaw-14 Barbarian/2 Fighter)(HealingWind-7 Cleric)(Handsomerob-2 Rogue/1 Barbarian/1 Fighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Rest For The Restless, House P. Requires 2.
    Can be soloed but you have to recall out after hitting one of the valves. Depends on how you want to define 'soloable' I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by EightyFour View Post
    The Pit requires at least 3.
    I'm fairly certain I've seen people here say that they solo'd the Pit.

The Scoundrel's Run, Three Barrel Cove. Requires 2.
    The Tomb Of The <X> Heart, House P (Necropolis). Requires 4.

Additions welcome, and I forget which specific Heart quest for the Necropolis needs 4 people to stand on the floor runes.
    Rest for the Restless can be solo'd by recalling out after you throw the valve.

I believe someone has said that they solo'd the unsoloable necropolis quest. It may be possible to solo XC the same way that was done, or at least reduce the number of needed people.

VoN 5 is not soloable (lightning room)... it needs like 5 people of varying stats which no one person could ever get hitting several switches simultaneously.

I don't think TF would be soloable either.

Yeah, Pit can be soloed with high jump, duo with moderate. I'd be interested if there was a way to solo, or even duo Xorian Cipher, took three people in at release and no matter how fast we moved couldn't hit those switchs without four =-(
    Last edited by DemonMage; 01-11-2007 at 05:30 PM.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

So for example, the difficulty of killing Velah by yourself does not qualify VoN6 for this list.
    How do you take down the pillars solo?

Did necropolis with three people and a Pet.
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

The Tomb Of The <X> Heart, House P (Necropolis). Requires 4.
    Rest for the restless is soloable. You can either recall and re-enter after getting trapped by the switch or use dimension door.

Xorian cipher and the necropolis quest can both be done by just two people capable of summoning pets.

Ok, recalling out is...cheese. We're not counting that.

The count is number of warm bodies. Be they summons or otherwise. Since things like the tangleroot stick exist to let anyone summon up a single pet, a double-floor switch (in close proximity to each other) would be considered soloable. However, for the tomb and xorian, you still need at least 2 real people.

I do feel recall out was one of the option -- for either resource wise, or performance. Actually I do use more recalling out trick than burning resource on various quest solo, or even grouped. Since you need no other man to help beating the quest. Anyway, if you are totally object to recalling out, use Dimension Door instead.

The Scoundrel's Run, Three Barrel Cove. <-- No, you can solo this even w/o recalling or DD, since I did make it multiple times for favor.

And I will sign with DuckOfDeath's comment about duo / triple Xorian Cipher/one of the Necromancer's tomb. Since we often run Xorian by 3 man party, the same apply to the tomb in necromancer which require to step on 4 different rune.

Pit was quite soloable -- if you don't have enough jump, use either spell (arcane caster) or form house P favor npc.

However, there's a quest I do consider it's quite unsoloable (at least for me) : Threnal East 3. But maybe I'm wrong -- does anyone beat it before ? (normal difficult by solo, of course)
    [ Fernia / Ghallanda ]
    -- Role of the Combat Cleric : We fight for our party's survival --

Ok, recalling out is...cheese. We're not counting that.

The count is number of warm bodies. Be they summons or otherwise. Since things like the tangleroot stick exist to let anyone summon up a single pet, a double-floor switch (in close proximity to each other) would be considered soloable. However, for the tomb and xorian, you still need at least 2 real people.
    No, there was someone on here who said he solo'd the tomb.

Edit: Tomb of the Burning Heart is apparently the quest we are looking for.

Here is the thread when jjflanigan talks about duoing it.

I'm pretty sure the same guy later solo'd it, but my search-Fu is weak.
    Last edited by Riddikulus; 01-11-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    No, there was someone on here who said he solo'd the tomb.

Edit: Tomb of the Burning Heart is apparently the quest we are looking for.

Here is the thread when jjflanigan talks about duoing it.

I'm pretty sure the same guy later solo'd it, but my search-Fu is weak.
    might be able to solo it with halt undead.
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

Scoundrel's Run can be solo'd. You simply have to run around the dungeon a little bit to pull the valve on the other side of the door.

Master Kadish
    "Perhaps the end has not yet been written…”
    The Hand of the Black Tower Officer
    Najdorf, Assassin :: Keres, Vindicator :: Alekhine, Augur

"It's not 'Zerging.' It's an armed reconnaissance."

Hmm, I tried scoundrels run myself, and I found myself locked in behind 2 gates away from the valve. I could have misread the layout, will check again.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    Yeah, Pit can be soloed with high jump, duo with moderate. I'd be interested if there was a way to solo, or even duo Xorian Cipher, took three people in at release and no matter how fast we moved couldn't hit those switchs without four =-(
    I would agree that you could do it with a high jump, but that would be some great feat of jumping I would say. Have to be much greater than the 40's. I don't think that would be reasonable for everyone.

The third room alone, I have no idea how you would do it. My character had a jump of 34 when I went in, and no way I could jump that high. I guess maybe on the first steam blast valve you could try to trip it, and than run into it, and than aim for the ledge. But have no clue how you would do the second or the third without someone hitting the switches from the bottom.
    (EightySix-16 Cleric)(Lockwood-10 Fighter/3 Paliden/3 Rogue)(Trapspringer-13 Ranger/2 Fighter/1 Rogue)(Darkwatch-12 Fighter/3 Paliden/1 Rogue)(KillDash Nine-15 Wizard/1 Bard)(Chaosxy-16 Sorcerer)(Rockcutter-16 Monk)(Accidental-15 Bard/1 Fighter)(Chainsaw-14 Barbarian/2 Fighter)(HealingWind-7 Cleric)(Handsomerob-2 Rogue/1 Barbarian/1 Fighter)

Well, since I enjoy running lower level quests for favor and such, and it is difficult to find people who want to do these the way I like to do them (Ie: even on a favor quest, you kill everything, smash every barrel, find every secret possible, etc...none of this "rush to the end and ignore everything else" nonsense"), I end up soloing quite a few of them. This has run me into the issue of some of Turbine's design mechanics, which make certain quests absolutely positively impossible for 1 person to accomplish alone. I think a list of such quests is in order.

For the purposes of this list, there is only 1 qualification that matters, and that is a lever, switch, floor pedastal, etc that requires one person in one location, and a second (or more) person in another. So for example, the difficulty of killing Velah by yourself does not qualify VoN6 for this list.

Rest For The Restless, House P. Requires 2.>>Have personnally soloed, as many have already listed.
    The Scoundrel's Run, Three Barrel Cove. Requires 2.>>Have personally soloed, you just have to take the long way around after open the gate to the idol part.
    The Tomb Of The <X> Heart, House P (Necropolis). Requires 4.>>JJ has soloed this l believe using a mixture of Summon and Halt Undead...could also use Web.

Additions welcome, and I forget which specific Heart quest for the Necropolis needs 4 people to stand on the floor runes.

Someone started a thread a month or so ago about soloing the Pit with very detailed instructions and screenshots to show how. Believe was hmm level 10.

I have to give those others you list a try someday soon..

Quote Originally Posted by EightyFour View Post
    I would agree that you could do it with a high jump, but that would be some great feat of jumping I would say. Have to be much greater than the 40's. I don't think that would be reasonable for everyone.

The third room alone, I have no idea how you would do it. My character had a jump of 34 when I went in, and no way I could jump that high. I guess maybe on the first steam blast valve you could try to trip it, and than run into it, and than aim for the ledge. But have no clue how you would do the second or the third without someone hitting the switches from the bottom.
    Even before they made the Pit "slightly easier", you can still done this quest via 35 or less jump. There's a thread in the general forum already discuss about it with the detail you may require. ( And I've done it before/after the change myself, with the Jump buff from house P )
    [ Fernia / Ghallanda ]
    -- Role of the Combat Cleric : We fight for our party's survival --

Community Member

Xorian Cypher does not require 4 characters. It requires 2.

*added note so I'm not being mysterious*
    The weight triggers for the black doors do not need to be activated by PCs. A summoned monster will trigger them just as effectively.

Yeah, I didn't think about that at the time, though to be fair, there's not many places in the game where it comes up -- so I would have expected them to force PCs. It's nice that with a bit more trouble you can duo it.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast