Default Did Friday's Patch Revert the Pre Lag fix?

Hey All

So (as has been mentioned in a few places) it seems lag in becoming a major thing again, at least for some of us. Have had a couple of groups on Orien just give up today because we couldn't move etc.

I don't know what otehr people's experience has been, but after the Wednesday update I had no appreciable lag at all. 12 man Thunderholme groups, no problems.

After the Friday hotfix, it seemed everything just deteriorated fairly quickly to the pre Wednesday levels.

Saw a couple of people talking tonight in groups that the Friday hotfix actually undid the lag fixes so that they could fix the login issue.

Just wondering in anyone saw this anywhere, couldn't find any update notes or any official word.

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Hey All

So (as has been mentioned in a few places) it seems lag in becoming a major thing again, at least for some of us. Have had a couple of groups on Orien just give up today because we couldn't move etc.

I don't know what otehr people's experience has been, but after the Wednesday update I had no appreciable lag at all. 12 man Thunderholme groups, no problems.

After the Friday hotfix, it seemed everything just deteriorated fairly quickly to the pre Wednesday levels.

Saw a couple of people talking tonight in groups that the Friday hotfix actually undid the lag fixes so that they could fix the login issue.

Just wondering in anyone saw this anywhere, couldn't find any update notes or any official word.
    I was wondering the same. I will second this.
    Panoramiix of Orien

We were debating the same.

Wednesday and Thursday were amazing. A completely new game.
    Saturday and Sunday were not so amazing and felt more like pre-patch with lag of all kinds in many different places.

Hopefully we can have more of Wednesday and Thursday!
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Smile

i would have to agree thats is back to being bad...after the first patch the game was running the best its been for a long time ..for me anyway...but since friday patch wow its has taken a 2 steps backwards in my experience..
    Would like to thank codog for awsome effort in trying to fix btw

Community Member

It's most likely that it was not fixed prior and it just took a few days for this to become apparent.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Hey All

It might be they undid it, but it also could just be a case of many more people online on weekends? The more people online, the more lag. Nothing has changed over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    It might be they undid it, but it also could just be a case of many more people online on weekends? The more people online, the more lag. Nothing has changed over the years.
    I think this is most likely the actual answer.

Just after the update, I ran some content with others and ran into the same lag issues (Reaper Point aquisition still lags a run, quest ending also lags, etc), and it just got worse during the weekend (which it always has done). All of this was happening as before, just now not as frequently, but still happens. So I highly doubt anything got rolled back, and even if so, the difference is actually a lot smaller than some players are making it out to be.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    I think this is most likely the actual answer.

J1NG
    I don't believe this was only a hype and not an actual improvement. We played on Orien on wednesday and did some raids - big LAG improvement. I did some questing on monday (not at the most played time) and saw lags in every quest.

Let some of the devs comment on this! @Cordovan
    Panoramiix of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by jirksa View Post
    I don't believe this was only a hype and not an actual improvement. We played on Orien on wednesday and did some raids - big LAG improvement. I did some questing on monday (not at the most played time) and saw lags in every quest.

Let some of the devs comment on this! @Cordovan
    It was overhyped; Not that it was "ONLY" hype. As said, there was improvements, just not the "oh hey, there's no more lag anymore in DDO!" that was being hyped by some corners of DDO.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Certainly felt like by Saturday nothing had changed and/or it had actually gotten worse.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Never judge a "lag improvement" the same day the server was restarted (or shut down for update). There are some serious memory leaks in this game. Yes it has gotten back to normal lag levels.