Default Better but still pretty laggy

Just to give devs a feedback:

This raiding evening on Orien it was still really lagy around 3 PM Eastern. Huge lag spikes on raid bosses (Hunt, SiC), some deaths due to heals not registering and not be able to move out of circles. It was much better on wednesday. Now it is bad again (still somewhat better)
    Panoramiix of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by jirksa View Post
    Just to give devs a feedback:

This raiding evening on Orien it was still really lagy around 3 PM Eastern. Huge lag spikes on raid bosses (Hunt, SiC), some deaths due to heals not registering and not be able to move out of circles. It was much better on wednesday. Now it is bad again (still somewhat better)
    Im not sure if it's just me, but I switched to 64 bit client and now I get a lot of big lags spikes. Way more than I ever did. Not sure if it's from switching to 64 bit or because of the update. Maybe I will put mine back to 32 bit and see what happens...

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I will second this. It's better than before, but my TR group is still getting some fairly nasty lag spikes - like unable to talk to quest givers for 20-30 seconds, and some lag spikes in quest, too.

Better than the "unable to move at all and having to log off for the day", but still not great.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

From what I can tell, gear swapping seems smoother and completion lag seems less.

The most impactful kind of lag, when the game engine grinds to a halt causing rubberbanding and slideshows, is still here and we will need much more testing over the next few weeks to accurately gauge if there is a consistent improvement.

IMO the "SSG has fixed the lag" claims were vastly overhyped nonsense, but its a start, so credit where credit is due.
    Thelanis

Playing Yesterday about ~4 hours I encountered plenty of the usual lag.

-Texture/Effects Lag in RL and Carnival (AKA Don't Look at the Fountain/Lightning or you'll lag out) and this is with VFX/Shadows/Shaders turned down.

-Loading Screen Lag (crashing to desktop, frozen screen)

-Movement Stutter when you use a lot of spells/effects at once

-"Too Many Mobs" Lag when you pull too many mooks

-And Zone-In Lag from Zoning-in to too many doors in quick succession like Market > Harbor > Grove > Quest where loading too many assets at once can get ye

That said, weapon swapping was less tedious, and although my connection is nowhere near amazing, the movement felt less laggy as well. It was somewhat of an improvement.

I just hope they keep the anti-lag ball rolling.
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!

Yeah, Orien has been a **** show all day today, constant rubberbanding, attacks not registering for 20+ seconds, etc. can’t say I’m surprised
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member

For me, the update has been a lag improvement, but its definately still there. Playing during the week in early mornings (EST), there is barely any lag at all (I dont play in the evenings much when more ppl are online) Now that the weekend is here, the lag is back, but still less than before. I dont raid, so I cant comment on that, and I play on Sarlona which is roughly around half the players online as Orien at any given time.

Saw about the worst Hunt raid boss lag I've ever seen yesterday on Orien. If this is a domain specific fixing where some aspects of the performance are improved but not others, I could see this just bottle necking the still-broken parts even more.

Also still finding lots of ranged bow lag-like disconnect with targets where I'm just not connecting for seconds at a time. One thing I speculate about it is it seems like dps is building to overcome the other dps on DDO, that is to win when we've already won as fast as possible to score kills. So as a dps or other offensive toon you're now competing with everyone just going HAAM-ASAP and the client is still finding itself reeling trying to sort out what really happen but on a shorter timescale. So faster performance for me but also for you for is perhaps a net wash in terms of sorting out the confusion for the clients.
    Last edited by Oliphant; 04-30-2023 at 09:59 AM.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

Was great at first but has been progressively worse since the friday downtime (unsure how that would affect things).

Last night was fairly annoying, this am from 9 to 11 est was horrible.

Trying to play in 3bc wilderness area, the lag was as bad as I have ever seen it in this game, basically had to log off.

^^^That terrible lag I saw in Hunt was probably between 9 and 11 est.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by holmgang View Post
    Was great at first but has been progressively worse since the friday downtime (unsure how that would affect things).

Last night was fairly annoying, this am from 9 to 11 est was horrible.

Trying to play in 3bc wilderness area, the lag was as bad as I have ever seen it in this game, basically had to log off.
    Agreed that at first the lag seemed about 90% removed. But as we move further from the update/restart, it seems to be coming back. The guild still reports raids going smoothly, but Sharn was messy last night with full freezing for up to 2-3 mins. Tried DC'ing, helped a little, and we managed to slog through chain 1. Gave up trying chain 2.

Community Member

Lol

It's not better. It hasn't changed.

I wonder if the improvements between the initial update on Wednesday and the patch on Friday is related to the lack of any 32-bit clients running. Doesn’t seem like there should be, but it is a difference between the good/bad performance periods. How different are the client interfaces?
    Ghallanda: Tervail (solo player)

Quote Originally Posted by mbartol View Post
    I wonder if the improvements between the initial update on Wednesday and the patch on Friday is related to the lack of any 32-bit clients running. Doesn’t seem like there should be, but it is a difference between the good/bad performance periods. How different are the client interfaces?
    I was wondering about this.

Completely unscientific, but it seemed fantastic for me until after the Friday patch, when it moved into the "it's definitely better, but there are still a lot of issues".
    Small sample size but I had no issues in quests/ talking to quest givers from Wednesday to Thursday night. (although people did mention raid lag)

Since the 32bit fix though I've noticed a lot more.

Community Member

Its the same if not worse since friday raids were a cluster ,guild was so upbeat on wed thru thurs those who could log on ......then quickly back to pre u59 which has people thinking about where the guild can go to a new game etc etc .........combating the performance issues and lack there of ...is killing the game

Community Member

Default worse now

Just spent around 10 minutes trying to craft a shard in house k, rubber banding ferociously.

Kept getting an error has occurred message on an item I have a 100% chance to craft, gave up and tried to dissolve some items, same result.

Restarting client solved crafting issue, still bouncing around like i have some kind of defective blink spell on.
    Last edited by holmgang; 04-30-2023 at 03:14 PM.