Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Friday, April 28th 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Friday April 28th from 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) - 3:00 PM Eastern to release a hotfix. This will correct an issue with the 32 bit game client in addition to an issue with named loot in Legendary Droaam.

Known Issue: Landscape Random Encounters that directly grant XP and have unique objectives do not complete nor grant XP. This will be corrected in the next game update.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 04-28-2023 at 11:37 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Will we get an option to turn off the ?/! cartoons over our head? If not, is there an ETA on this.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Friday April 28th from 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) - 3:00 PM Eastern to release a hotfix. This will correct an issue with the 32 bit game client in addition to an issue with named loot in Legendary Droaam.

Known Issue: Landscape Random Encounters that directly grant XP and have unique objectives do not complete nor grant XP. This will be corrected in the next game update.
    any ddo bonus days this weekend or ...........

Community Member

Do the known issues include the rare encounter of Jana, the barmaid in Tangleroot Gorge? When she is there I can talk to her, she answers but does not register as being encountered - I get no XP for meeting her and I am still needing this rare to complete the wilderness.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badgersco View Post
    Do the known issues include the rare encounter of Jana, the barmaid in Tangleroot Gorge? When she is there I can talk to her, she answers but does not register as being encountered - I get no XP for meeting her and I am still needing this rare to complete the wilderness.
    That would fall under

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    That would fall under
    Oh good. I'm glad you know what all the known issues are and that it includes Jana. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    You get to play the game!

Maybe.

EDIT: https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post6583852
    Last edited by Arkat; 04-28-2023 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Default XP Boost

Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    Couldnt find it listed any where last night, but there is a 25% xp bonus listed when I look at the xp report in a quest....
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    You get to play the game!

Maybe.
    yippe...cue up yakkity sacs

You say the mistake was on 32 bit, why you stop the game on 64 bit. You should explain this carefully!!

Default "Check is in the mail."

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Friday April 28th from 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) - 3:00 PM Eastern to release a hotfix. This will correct an issue with the 32 bit game client
    in addition to an issue with named loot in Legendary Droaam.
    When will devs provide refunds to players that paid Astral Shards for rerolling chests in Legendary Droaam between release and hotfix?

Rhetorical; we all know the answer.

Default Lmannia testers are fired

How dare any of you not take moar of your own time and effort to test these updates so that bugs could be found in advance?
    Here you selflessly perform an unpaid and unheralded service on behalf of all of us and yet you still let this hotfix occur?

How much less than nothing can you be paid so that this doesn't happen again?
    Gordion ~ Jaheira ~ Piccolo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Qeistalan View Post
    When will devs provide refunds to players that paid Astral Shards for rerolling chests in Legendary Droaam between release and hotfix?

Rhetorical; we all know the answer.
    This is actually a very fair point. I reroll every chest as a means of quest time management (and a limit to my own patience). The item drop was 1 for 60+ rolls.
    If there was a bug, they do owe a refund of shards.
    I also expect a winning lottery ticket today so there's that.
    Gordion ~ Jaheira ~ Piccolo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    I also expect a winning lottery ticket today so there's that.
    I win every time I play the lottery: fact. Every. Time.

Also, there is no lag in DDO: fact.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

From now on, as a matter of course, I'm going to delay expending shards or TRing for at least a few days after an update comes out.

I'm going to make sure something major isn't broken before I expend any money or a significant amount of time on DDO.
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    From now on, as a matter of course, I'm going to delay expending shards or TRing for at least a few days after an update comes out.

I'm going to make sure something major isn't broken before I expend any money or a significant amount of time on DDO.
    Um, not to call you out, but this has been standard practice for the last couple of years.

Look at it as a couple of days away from the game where you can read on the forums the horrors the players are going through.
    (popcorn optional)

Community Member

Just so you know, the 64 bit is still broken as I still can not transition any where without getting kicked to desktop but on the the 32 bit I can transition. My computer is Windows 10 with 16 gig RAM and is a 64 bit operating system and I have SSD.

Community Member KrisuvialArcana's Avatar

Default Never worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by kibbe65 View Post
    Just so you know, the 64 bit is still broken as I still can not transition any where without getting kicked to desktop but on the the 32 bit I can transition. My computer is Windows 10 with 16 gig RAM and is a 64 bit operating system and I have SSD.
    I was excited to see I needed to update! Tried to log in. FAILED. Switched back to 32bit, because science. It worked. I was able to log in again. This laptop is a 64bit...I don't know why 64 isn't working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    To quote the sage - Freakers gonna freak freak freak.

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverash View Post
    Um, not to call you out, but this has been standard practice for the last couple of years.
    Maybe for you it has, but by the looks of some of the posts in this thread and others, it's not SOP for everyone.

It should be, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast