Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    yippe...cue up yakkity sacs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcq_xLi2NGo

Default hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    From now on, as a matter of course, I'm going to delay expending shards or TRing for at least a few days after an update comes out.

I'm going to make sure something major isn't broken before I expend any money or a significant amount of time on DDO.

Community Member

Default Thank You Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The game worlds have reopened.
    A day and a half down. Somewhere about that time. I played another game, finished planning out my next reincarnation for this game (ended up with a good idea looking great on the spreadsheet and found a feat I forgot existed that's perfect for the build) and played another different game on which I had neglected inventory management for a while and got that all cleaned up. While you guys were pullin' out hair and wishing all the badmouthin' in the posts would just freaking stop for at least ONE DANG SECOND I used the time reaching other entertainment goals in other places. 'Turns out I needed the time off this game and was just never taking the time. I'm sure there were a thousand different little things that could have been causing DDO launcher trouble and you got it working in a couple days. Thank you guys.

And. . . The launcher crashes before I can click options>repair.

Edit: And once again renaming the client executable fixed the crash.
    Last edited by Phoenicis; 04-28-2023 at 03:41 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    lolololool ty needed it

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Maybe for you it has, but by the looks of some of the posts in this thread and others, it's not SOP for everyone.

It should be, though.
    Sad though, right?
    Gordion ~ Jaheira ~ Piccolo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by kibbe65 View Post
    Just so you know, the 64 bit is still broken as I still can not transition any where without getting kicked to desktop but on the the 32 bit I can transition. My computer is Windows 10 with 16 gig RAM and is a 64 bit operating system and I have SSD.
    i wanna note im running win 10 64 bit client and i have no issues so far.

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Quote Originally Posted by kibbe65 View Post
    Just so you know, the 64 bit is still broken as I still can not transition any where without getting kicked to desktop but on the the 32 bit I can transition. My computer is Windows 10 with 16 gig RAM and is a 64 bit operating system and I have SSD.
    Running the repair option on my 64 bit client fixed the constant crashing I have experienced since Update 59. Not sure if this will help others but it worked for me. It took a couple of hours to run, but seems to have fixed my issue.

Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar

Default pain lossa pain

I followed a suggestion in a thread during the 32bit kerfuffle and managed to switch over and play with 64bit option. Then the game started being grumpy once the fix was up switched back to 32bit because I figured it would solve some problems I was having(being asked about directx11 every time I loaded the game, having to verify I wanted the program to make changes and the opening cut-screen playing with non windowed game, and a key-mapping kerfuffle that would not go away, accounts missing from the selection drop-down, EULA agreement x2 popup) and keep my old (me built) computer from crazy-overheating-rubberbanding-collectable-to-bag-ladder-slip-other-zoning-airship-disappearing-character-falling-amenities-slow-loading-surface-texture-inconsistancies-lag. I need to vacuum out that old case!

I had no luck. The folder kept reverting to read only and no changes I made stuck. Frustration mounting, I then thought about deleting the UserPreferences.ini then remembered I had a copy in another folder, copy-from-paste-to-replace....

and now it works a charm..

And even though they had a death in the family they gave us back the game. To Play. After all these years. They still faithfully give us the game. I may have issues(her,there,in-game,outta-game) I still get to play... for free!
    Last edited by Yvonne_Blacksword; 04-29-2023 at 11:31 PM. Reason: I can't type!
    Noep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12