Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Manager

Default 32 Bit Client Issue: Wednesday, April 26th

LATEST: Unfortunately an issue came up during our build process overnight that prevents us from being able to consider a deployment today. We're working on a small patch to fix a couple of issues, and we'll have more about timing as soon as we can. This game update will correct this issue with the 32 bit game client in addition to a chest issue in the new Legendary Droaam quests.

We are currently working to resolve an issue that is impacting the ability to launch the game with the 32 bit client. We are working on a hotfix to address this issue, and we will have more information about downtime and anything else in the game update perhaps as soon as tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 04-27-2023 at 11:38 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Please also include a fix for the loot drops issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post

EDIT: We've now identified an issue affecting named drops in this pack, and are working on a fix for distribution as soon as possible. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Please also include a fix for the loot drops issue.
    This is currently, tentatively, planned for inclusion.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

The 64 bit version of the client doesn't load on Windows 11 when the display driver is set to Automatic, I had to set it to to my the display driver of my video card to get the client to run.

Same here but on WIN 10, selected driver and it loaded.

Community Member

The 64-bit client is consistently crashing everytime I have to go through any loading screen (even teleporting inside a dungeon.)

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    The 64 bit version of the client doesn't load on Windows 11 when the display driver is set to Automatic, I had to set it to to my the display driver of my video card to get the client to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReyalsNogard View Post
    Same here but on WIN 10, selected driver and it loaded.
    Selecting the display driver doesn't work for me. The 64-bit game still crashes when zoning. Like it has for the past 6 months.

Default Compensation

Both 32 and 64 bit versions don't work, it's been a whole day and i still can't play and the vip is paid... will there be any compensation for the days when can't log in through no fault of my own?
    p.s. sorry for my english...

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Manager

Unfortunately an issue came up during our build process overnight that prevents us from being able to consider a deployment today. We're working on a small patch to fix a couple of issues, and we'll have more about timing as soon as we can. This game update will correct this issue with the 32 bit game client in addition to a chest issue in the new Legendary Droaam quests.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Unfortunately an issue came up during our build process overnight that prevents us from being able to consider a deployment today. We're working on a small patch to fix a couple of issues, and we'll have more about timing as soon as we can. This game update will correct this issue with the 32 bit game client in addition to a chest issue in the new Legendary Droaam quests.
    yikes good luck hope the fallout isnt ugly with tomorrow being friday and all

Community Member

This shouldn't even be an issue... this update should have been tested on 32bit, before it was implemented. Upon implementation, you now have more than half of customers shut out of the game because you f'd up... 24hrs later you still have more than half of your customers shut out of the game... THIS UPDATE SHOULD BE REVERTED AND TAKEN BACK TO TESTING. To appease the majority of your customers. The longer you keep them out of the game, the more apt they are to go find something else to play and spend money on

Community Member

Default Might One Additional Change be Made?

Occasionally I've been checking the thread for this sort of information update. While around I read through a few other threads. I see with the update there are new trap/door detection icons that appear over heads of the spotters. I have read there are also sounds accompanying these icons. Annoying sounds most of the posts have been saying. I can imagine that annoying; icons and sounds triggering multitudes of times in areas of many mines or bear traps. I play myself by sound as much as by sight. A footstep, a growl, a breaking barrel.. I don't want to miss those sounds for having them drowned out by another output that may be constant and multiple (multiple from many traps and/or several spotters on a team). While taking more time to set right the game client and a chest issue would it be any trouble to add method allowing the new trap/door detection audio/video alerts to be turned off? Would removing the addition totally cause clients to leave the game or new clients to not join? If not might removing the addition all together be considered? I have a feeling.. well.. scrap that.. I know I won't like the audio portion at least. I really do use sound as much as sight to play. Responses related to the new alert make me think the method will be obtrusive to hearing other sounds.

Default Just to be clear...

"In the meantime, players can access the game using the 64 bit client" is not true for numerous players. Neither the 32-bit nor the 64-bit client function correctly. It may well be possible that more players are able to utilize the 64-bit, but this isn't a justification to delay on the fix of the 32-bit client.
    The slaves dreams not of freedom, but of being the master.

Community Member

Unfortunately an issue came up......
    Hey I don't normally post to the forums and I'm not sure where to put this break. Not only did you have a 32 bit client issue, but in some slayer areas I was running around in today, while talking on the phone, I realized after 10 or so minutes there was no count being accumulated for kills. First one was Giant Hold and it was not counting the other kills, but it was counting the giant kills. Second area I happened to be running around in was Storm Horns and in there I ran the entire west side lower area and did not accumulate one kill, however the journals were counting properly. I did get count in Kings Forest, Orchard, Wheloon, High Road and Thunderholme. Was thinking about going to some of the smaller areas and lower level stuff to look, but I think I will leave that to you guys.

Community Member

I guess I've always used 32 bit client, and didn't realize. How do I load the 64 bit client?

Community Member

Default 64 bit version

I have been running the 64 bit version for years and My launcher gives me a screen that there is another version running and to shut that down to continue. when I go into the task manager there is no copy running on the computer. I uninstalled my game and reinstalled it in the 64 but version and when I tried to log into the game again I got the same statement on the launcher.

Community Member

Community Member

Exclamation is this fixed??

i havent tried to get on in a couple days, but i just tried and it is bringing up the program files and asking where it should boot from? help? i have never had this happen and i dont know what to select/do. i run 64 bit but the issue is with 32, but yet mine seems to have it. to be clear i can sign on, select world and then it opens program files and asks where to boot from. Any help would be appreciated, keep in mind im not super savy so i hope an update will fix. so is this issue fixed and its just me??