Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tashr View Post
    On the Launcher, access the Launcher Menu (third little button on the top right, a down pointing arrow). Choose Options, then go to the General Tab. Towards the bottom of that page is a Game Client selection for 32 or 64 bit.

I'm concerned about this, as I had been using the 32 bit client as it worked better.
    Just so you know, this doesn't appear to be a workaround for all users. I can't get 64-bit to run either.
    It's just a game. Relax and have some fun.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Zarkarion View Post
    Oh dear. Switching to 64-bit worked for me.
    I tried that. The 64-bit client still boots me out of the game when zoning. For me, that's never been fixed. I've haven't had that trouble since I went back to the 32-bit client.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Frezar14 View Post
    This worked for me. Should I change back to 32-bit at some point tho?
    Personal choice, unless one or the other works better for you.

Community Member

Default Entry point "I_RpcGetBuffer" wasnt found in OpenAL32.dll

32-Bit Version gives me an Error: Entry point "I_RpcGetBuffer" wasnt found in OpenAL32.dll (Version of dll: 1.23.1.0, 351 KByte of size or 359.950 Bytes).

64-Bit Client works fine for me, OpenAL32.dll from x64 Folder is Version 1.23.1.0, 272 KByte of size or 278.528 Bytes.
    "Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Community Manager

Switching to the 64-bit version of the game client should resolve this issue for those who are able to run the 64-bit version of the game client. We're investigating and working on a fix, but until that fix is implemented players will need to use the 64-bit version of the game client in order to log in. We'll keep you updated.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Okay, since no one else is willing to explain it for those who did not know - when the launcher comes up, there is a small down arrow in the top right that opens a drop down, The first says options and clicking that opens a window where you can choose between 32 or 64. And launching as 64 did allow me to get in. Hope that helps
    Orien server: Xottox, Kiert, Rakleb
    Dammit, how do I get this n00b sauce off of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Switching to the 64-bit version of the game client should resolve this issue for those who are able to run the 64-bit version of the game client. We're investigating and working on a fix, but until that fix is implemented players will need to use the 64-bit version of the game client in order to log in. We'll keep you updated.
    but this 64 version doesn't work either!!!

Community Member

Default Epic Stormhorns Slayer

After loging ind don't get Slayer in epic Stormhorns. Rares and Amskar Schemes, are fine, just slayer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by superevbully View Post
    Looks great cept the issue about horcs dwarfs and few other races turning issue for love of all things tell me it in this patch its only been a month +
    My Half Orc is now no longer twitching, thank you!

AJ

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    Looks like you have to use the 64bit client. 32 bit wont launch but 64 bit does
    Made the change to 64-bit in launcher screen. Launcher still shuts down when I click Open.

Community Member

Standing by........

Community Member

Try to set GameClientType=3 in your UserPreferences.ini. This is another way to tell the game to use 64 Bit Client (had to do it that way as im not using official game launcher, so cannot switch it in launcher). Maybe that will help.
    UserPreferences.ini is found in your home folder in a subfolder called Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    "Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

It doesnt work either.

Talking Reduced lag...

64-Bit not working either.

However, the lag is greatly reduced if you can't get into the game.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

hit launcher, starts correctly; pick username, put in password, OK so far; pick server, crash to desktop...this happens on 32 bit and 64 bit

Saal

tried multiple servers, same results
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Manager

For players who are using the 64 bit game client and are still experiencing an issue, please let us know what operating system you are using and whether the 64 bit client normally functions for you.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

For players who are using the 64 bit game client and are still experiencing an issue, please let us know what operating system you are using and whether the 64 bit client normally functions for you.
    I have never been able to get the 64 bit to work but 32 was working just fine last night before the update this morning
    Still using Windows 10

Saal
    Last edited by Saaluta; 04-26-2023 at 01:06 PM.
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member

Hello, same issue here with both 32 and 64bit client: once at the server list, I choose one and nothing happens. Running on a 64 bit Windows 10 OS. Hope this helps.

Community Member

I can log on with the 64 bit but when I transition to the other floors on my guilds ship I get kicked to desktop. Doesn't happen when i transition to harbor or anywhere else just the ship.

Community Member

TY MrKugler , that worked for me, I'm a gamer not a puter tech! 64 bit allows me to log in, I'm using windows 10 if that helps anyone.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast