Default Magic super uber experience Calculator and quest suggester

With the recent influx of new players asking what quests to run I have created an experience calculator and quest suggester which should prove useful to new players and experienced souls alike. It can display full data on a specific quest; factoring in xp pots, tomes, trap bonuses, conquest, etc; or it can suggest a series of quests based on your character level and power level complete with average completion time and exp per minute gains. I only had completion time data on about 400 quests so many are lacking in that aspect. Reaper xp was not included as it is shall we say difficult to calculate. It is future proof up to level 40 and due to it's modular design when new quests come out or new information on quest duration they simply need be added to the Quests tab or Times tab and the main page will auto populate with the new data.

Usage should be intuitive as it has simple drop down menus and check boxes as interface. It is free for all to download, save copy of, etc. Please save a copy for your personal use (File - Save Copy). I only ask that when it is copied or downloaded the credits to ddowiki, ddoaudit, and myself remain upon it. If anyone has any questions or finds any errors my discord is always open at Gavinne#5338

You can find it upon our guild website at https://sites.google.com/view/platinumdragons
    or access it directly at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

screenshots below...
    Quest information :

Quest suggester:
    Last edited by Gavinne; 04-26-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Community Manager

Wow, impressive!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wow, impressive!
    Thanks, Cordo! Spread it around if you like. Hopefully it helps people

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Looks very nice, I will give it a spin.

Thanks for your work on this.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

It doesn't seem like it is fully compatible with the latest version of Excel. It opens, but some of the formulas are coming up with #NAME? and the quest suggestion combo boxes / drop downs do not update the quest list when their value is changed.

Is this using stuff that works specifically with Google? Not a big deal if it is, I just wanted to make sure.
    Last edited by thegreatcthulhu; 04-25-2023 at 10:48 PM.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatcthulhu View Post
    It doesn't seem like it is fully compatible with the latest version of Excel. It opens, but some of the formulas are coming up with #NAME? and the quest suggestion combo boxes / drop downs do not update the quest list when their value is changed.

Is this using stuff that works specifically with Google? Not a big deal if it is, I just wanted to make sure.
    most likely it's google only. the majority of stuff which i hand wrote [=If (D24 = "Casual/Solo", 0, IF(D24 = "Normal", 0, IF(D24 = "Hard", 1, IF(D24 = "Elite", 2, IF(D24 = "Reaper", 2))))) for example] should work with excel as it's just a simple nested conditional, however the drop downs and checkboxes were auto generated via insert drop down/insert check box commands and thus likely are google only sort of stuff, which may cause issues when called to by other cells as well. tbh i dont know a ton about the differences between the two. the declarations of certain functions such as vlookup or ifna/iferror might have different syntax or structure in excel. sorry I can't be of more help.

I'd like to personally give a big thanks to everyone at ddowiki for their meticulous work on all the exp/level/etc data without whom most this project would have been daunting, and also to ddoaudit for the quest times for the 400 quests I have the average durations of. their hard work on data collection turned what normally would have been a "fun idea but I'm not touching that" into a fun side project that only took a few days of working on it in my spare time to make.
    Last edited by Gavinne; 04-26-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wow, impressive!
    This thread must be moved or copied to Guides & Strategies subforum. Very helpful tools!
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

How did you collect quest time data? Manually? And for each of the timelapse - did you wrote down if you were soloing or with a party?
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

While uncommon, there are bonuses for NOT killing things.
    Playing (and dying) since Open Beta...

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    How did you collect quest time data? Manually? And for each of the timelapse - did you wrote down if you were soloing or with a party?
    that information is garnished from ddoaudit, which among many different things tracks the amount of time that has been spent inside a quest in total and the total number of instances (parties) of that quest. divide one by the other and you get the average time spent running that quest. I didn't personally spend 45,803 minutes running Caged Beast 9,607 times. ddo automatically keeps track of this sort of thing I believe and that's likely where ddoaudit gets its information.
    Last edited by Gavinne; 04-26-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    While uncommon, there are bonuses for NOT killing things.
    there are, sir. just as there are lower bonuses for disarming some traps but not all and such. I went with ease of use and function over 100% accuracy. I have been keeping an eye on the quests I've been running and the exp calculator so far seems pretty amazingly spot on, however I run everything on reaper and have only ran about a dozen quests so the sample size is far too small to draw any concrete conclusions.
    Last edited by Gavinne; 04-26-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    This thread must be moved or copied to Guides & Strategies subforum. Very helpful tools!
    initially I posted this in Orien because it's my home server and I may be a little biased that it's THE BEST DARN SERVER THERE IS! but with how well received it has been you are likely correct that it needs to be moved to a more global area. Cordo popped it in the dev tracker so that may help it reach some outside of our wonderful server.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinne View Post
    most likely it's google only. the majority of stuff which i hand wrote [=If (D24 = "Casual/Solo", 0, IF(D24 = "Normal", 0, IF(D24 = "Hard", 1, IF(D24 = "Elite", 2, IF(D24 = "Reaper", 2))))) for example] should work with excel as it's just a simple nested conditional, however the drop downs and checkboxes were auto generated via insert drop down/insert check box commands and thus likely are google only sort of stuff, which may cause issues when called to by other cells as well. tbh i dont know a ton about the differences between the two. the declarations of certain functions such as vlookup or ifna/iferror might have different syntax or structure in excel. sorry I can't be of more help.

I'd like to personally give a big thanks to everyone at ddowiki for their meticulous work on all the exp/level/etc data without whom most this project would have been daunting, and also to ddoaudit for the quest times for the 400 quests I have the average durations of. their hard work on data collection turned what normally would have been a "fun idea but I'm not touching that" into a fun side project that only took a few days of working on it in my spare time to make.
    Thanks for the explanation Gavinne. I believe you are correct that Google created the drop down "controls" differently than Excel would make them. As I said, it's not a huge deal, I was able to make a copy and run it out of Google docs. But yes, thank you, DDO Wiki and Clem @ DDO Audit!
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild