Community Member

Default How to use store bought trinket.

Hello all. I'm new to the game. I have a level 12 character. I bought a store bought trinket because I have never had one drop. I also created 1 shard of wizardry1. I've tried everything and I need to know exactly what to do step by step to make this item worth while. I know it can take two shards, but I am baby stepping into crafting. Nothing is working as soon as I slot something it says no recipes...I tried to deconstruct with dust and it didnt work. Is there a youtube video for dummies because Google is not helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by Geltril View Post
    Hello all. I'm new to the game. I have a level 12 character. I bought a store bought trinket because I have never had one drop. I also created 1 shard of wizardry1. I've tried everything and I need to know exactly what to do step by step to make this item worth while. I know it can take two shards, but I am baby stepping into crafting. Nothing is working as soon as I slot something it says no recipes...I tried to deconstruct with dust and it didnt work. Is there a youtube video for dummies because Google is not helping me.
    I heartily recommend you follow the crafting tutorial the guy in the crafting hall (both House C and House K) give you. It walks you thru the process of disjuncting, making shards and enchanting a basic item.

Aside from that, the Wiki is your friend, it shows you what shards go into what type of item. it's not 100% accurate I think, but it covers the most commonly made items.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    I heartily recommend you follow the crafting tutorial the guy in the crafting hall (both House C and House K) give you. It walks you thru the process of disjuncting, making shards and enchanting a basic item.

Aside from that, the Wiki is your friend, it shows you what shards go into what type of item. it's not 100% accurate I think, but it covers the most commonly made items.
    I need my hand held I have done everything research wise. The tutorial is worthless and so is the wiki or I wouldnt have asked here.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I need my hand held I have done everything research wise. The tutorial is worthless and so is the wiki or I wouldnt have asked here.
    You may have to tell us where you get confused in the tutorial because I can't think of a clearer way to explain the steps you will take. You will just be using a different minimum level shard (unless you wanted a level 1 trinket) and a different effect shard.

5. 04-24-2023, 12:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    There are 2 Crafting Halls, but the Tutorial is only available in House K Crafting Hall.

This isn't clear?

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting_Tutorial

In short, there are several basic steps -

1) disjuncting (erasing/preparing) the item in question - this "blanks" it (and the item then states "you need to add a ML shard" - something to that effect).

2) Creating the shards that will be applied, an ML shard and (typically) 2 effect shards - one PREfix, one SUFfix. This is done at the Shard Creation station. (Make sure you're using the BOUND tables (one side of the room), and not the UNBOUND (other side of the same room), which require a MUCH higher Crafting Level!)

(see this table for what pre-/suffix shards can be applied to any item...
    o https://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Cra...le_1b#Trinkets

... and this table to see what effects you can craft at what Crafting level...
    o https://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Cra...t_Groups_Table )
    o )

3) Apply the ML shard, and then the 2 effect shards. This will be done at a different table from step 2.

Then you're set.

(btw - if you're a caster, I'd try to farm this: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Runic_Trinket
    The quest requires a trapper, but the item is unbound, so you can swap/mail it between characters/accounts.)

take it and the shard to the crafting hall in house k or c
    there are 3 bound crafting machines.
    and 2 unbound crafting machines.
    you use the bound machines for your self.
    the bound machines have a chain circle around the diamond (shard creation) and the Shield ( shard insertion)
    there's one machine for destruction of items and creation of blank items for crafting.( the broken shield machine)
    there's a element you need to buy from the crafting vender for each ( destruction RED one, and creating a blank item Black one)
    they are cheep.

place the trinket in the destruction machine ( the one with a broken shield) this is use for both unbound and bound items.
    place a black element bought from the vendor with the Trinket. if you use a red one the item will be destroyed.
    Hit the activate button.

This made the trinket able to accept new enhancements. ( a blank item)

next you need to set the level of the Trinket

by creating a leveling shard at the diamond bound machine.
    this determines the power of the enhancements placed in the shard.

place the trinket and the leveling shard into the bound shield machine.
    hit the activate button

clear the bound shield machine and then place the trinket back in it.
    This shows you the available enhancements for the trinket.
    you can place 1 prefix and 1 suffix and 1 extra shard in an item.
    if you type prefix in the search bar of the machine then only the prefix choices will show.
    same with suffix and extra

note: extra will only show if you have placed a mark of house Cannith in the item and opened this option up.
    Marks can be purchased from the store or from a vendor after opened with house Cannith favorer.
    occasionally can be found on the AH.

you then make the shard at the diamond machine and return to the shield machine to put it in the trinket.
    Last edited by archest; 04-24-2023 at 01:57 AM.

Community Member

I suspect the main problem is lack of orientation in the crafting hall / trying to use incorrect altar.
    When you enter the crafting hall, turn left, then turn left. This is where you combine trinket with dust of disjunction to make it eligible for CC.
    The next altar is where you create shards. You already have the Wizardry shard, you also need to create minimum level shard.
    The next altar is where you combine items with shards. First apply the minimum level shard, the wizardry shard.

Regarding the wiki, I think we need a map of the Crafting Hall with clear description of the individual altars. Probably should be added here: https://ddowiki.com/page/Crafting_Hall

guys a lot of this game is very esoteric and overtly complicated especially to a brand spankin new player.

Community Member

Thank you guys for the responses. I needed to actually click on the recipe before the the craft tab would light up. The thing is Im too low a level in crafting to make anything worthwhile for level 12. Cannith essences are the bottleneck.

Community Member

To build up essences and gain crafting skill, break items down. To build skill fast, buy essences off the AH and craft shards with under a 100% success rate. Use an elixir (like from the tutorial) first. It might take a while to get enough essences, depending, but higher level gear gives more.

Thank you guys for the responses. I needed to actually click on the recipe before the the craft tab would light up.
    There's also a "quirk" w/ the altars, that as you interact and select one Effect and then switch to a diff one, nothing may show unless you CLEAR the previous ingredients list shown (the altar uses the pre-existing shown ingredients as a filter ).

The thing is Im too low a level in crafting to make anything worthwhile for level 12. Cannith essences are the bottleneck.
    Yeah, you kinda want to claw your way to/near CL 50 to get that 2nd Tier of effects (esp Elemental Weapon Damage). Also, ML is CL/10, and your first crafted weapon wants to be ML 4, which is CL ~40. (CL 100 is even better, natch.)

(When you run the Tutorial, get the Crafting % Boosters! Those are great for making a jump above where you can reach. You can also "farm" those if you have a spare character slot and a Shared Bank - build an alt (Caster or Human w/ DM for Expeditious Retreat), run the Tutorial, dump the Crafting % Boosters in the bank, delete/repeat.)

As Kryx suggests, break down ("dissolve/melt") items for essences, then use those to create ML shards (which can also be melted if you don't need them). If you have a couple Inventory tabs full of trashloot, you should be able to get enough to get up to CL 40-50 pretty easy. Save your ML 4 shards - those will be handy for lowbie Weapons.

Also, when you have time/interest/need, scan through these, a collection of all the charts you'll want: https://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Cra...ts_and_recipes

(Suggestion: As your first item, make a ring of Underwater Action + Swim (since both of those are CL 1 effects!). ML is up to you, could be ML 1 and the UW part would still work fine, but the Swim bonus is going to be ML+2. You really don't need it before 3BC (QL 5+), so you could make it ML 5-6 and still be fine. No real need for a slot. High level version could add Insightful Swim, but that's more special-purpose (like Crucible Swimming). I use my ML 5 version (Swim +7) up thru end Epics.)

Thank you guys for the responses. I needed to actually click on the recipe before the the craft tab would light up. The thing is Im too low a level in crafting to make anything worthwhile for level 12. Cannith essences are the bottleneck.
    only make shards for leveling they only cost essences.
    get you some bonus chance % scrolls which load into the crafting device from the store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC4T...nel=Vooduspyce

Here is Voodu's beginner crafting vid. It should teach you all you need to know.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by archest View Post
    only make shards for leveling they only cost essences.
    While I generally agree with you, there is an exception.

If you know the effect shards you're going to want (or might want), you can make those at Cl 1 and just before 50 and 100 etc., for a big CXP bump. If you wait until you're higher CL you get no XP, so making them asap and getting CXP out of them only makes sense.

And, of course, you get some XP from melting droploot. XP = ML/2, rounded down, max 5/ so ML 9+ items give the max (but any work, it all adds up).

(I'll also mention that if you melt weapons and armor, you get some small plat out of it; not true w/ jewelry/clothing. This too can add up.)

Community Member

At level 1 crafting you can make a Underwater Action or Feather Fall. Personally, I would do underwater first. That does not seem drop with random loot as often as feather fall. I hot bar my underwater trinket and swap it out when needed. It is a great relief not having to watch the breath meter.