Community Member

Default Not sure if this is the right forum?

Do augments stack with inherent bonuses?

I have an axe with +4 strength and I got a drop that adds +5 strength that will slot into the axe.

If I do this will the bonus be +4, +5, or +9?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

The +4 to Strength on your axe is likely an Enhancement bonus. The +5 to Strength on your augment is also likely an Enhancement bonus.

Like bonus types generally do not stack. Enhancement bonuses definitely do NOT stack with each other.

Assuming your axe's and augment's bonuses are both Enhancement bonuses, they will not stack so the higher bonus of the two will apply. In your case, the total increase to your Strength will be +5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

"Crafting" subforum works as well as any, but the "General Discussion" or even "New Player Advice" both work as a catch-alls for this type of question. All good.

Quote Originally Posted by holmgang View Post
    Do augments stack with inherent bonuses?
    As Arkat touches on, all "bonuses" have a "type" of bonus (or should*) - Enhancement bonus, Equipment bonus, Insightful Bonus, Artifact bonus, Profane bonus, Festival bonus, etc etc. Only the best from each type stacks.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Bonus_types

So, if the two sources are the same type of bonus - nupe, no stacking.

(* There are also some sources with "untyped" bonuses, which stack with everything and each other (or are supposed to). This is only ~99% reliable, as some rare older descriptions are mislabeled and/or misleading.)

I have an axe with +4 strength and I got a drop that adds +5 strength that will slot into the axe.
    Gotta know what type of bonuses those are.

Most (i.e. standard/non-festival) augments are Enhancement bonuses.
    o https://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slot#Standard_augments

Zero idea what your "Axe" would be. Droploot weapons don't have Ability bonuses, and I can't find any Named Axe with +4 Strength - got a link? (Or a name at least?)

(No idea what type of axe it is, either... )

Community Member

Default Thanks for the replies

My bad, it was my charged gloves from chrono raid with the +4 strength.

Yeah , they are both enhancement bonuses, so no stack.

Oh well, +9 strength on a level 6 barb would have been nice : )

Ah, that makes more sense.

There are certainly sources to improve your +4 - see https://ddowiki.com/page/Strength#Items et al

(A few levels away, and not an easy farm, but this is handy https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cape_of_the_Roc)

Yeah , they are both enhancement bonuses, so no stack.

Oh well, +9 strength on a level 6 barb would have been nice : )
    Add 4 other part from Chrono to get +2 Profane bonuses to all stat, and +1 Quality bonus from Slavers crafted gear piece/Ring of power, and you can have +8... and if you lucky to have enough mats for Reaper hat, you may have + 2 Reaper bonus to all stat too, for +10 summary.

For temporary boost, you can use Potion of Prowess for +3 Alchemical bonus, Hezrou Cookie for +4 Profane, Long Lasting Elixir of Supreme Ability for +2 Special, Essence of Fury +2 stacking, Owlbear Cookie +4 Rage, Arraetrikos Cookie up to +10 Morale, and some potion, don't remember exactly name, for +6 Psionic bonus, +29 summary. At lvl 6 Barb.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?