Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    For character overlays can you consider also allowing partial things like Knight's Transformation to be turned off?
    +1 to this. It's disheartening to tune a character's aesthetic, only to then have the Knight's Transformation overlay obscure it all. I'd prefer if you just get rid of this particular overlay entirely.

Default Ranged attacks

Heya Steelstar, Another subject to look at is ranged attacks, I have notices attacks like eldritch blasts and ranged archery... Example.. Kill a target and the attack fires 1 to 2 times before acquiring the next target,, I have also tested this with manual targeting,, target a mob and fire a couple of shots and move to next target and 1 to 2 misses occur before the next registers damage...
    Rexshoo Gland

I am pretty bummed we are going forward with the caster changes in reaper as is.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Hey guys, as soon as I get past the login screen on the Lammaland launcher, either the client dies, or it isn't launching. Either way, I don't see a ddoclient in my task manager. The current live ddoclient is working. What can I provide to help diagnose the issue?

EDIT: Steps taken since initial post:
    1) Did repair installation from the launcher and launcher reinstalled updates. No change.

2a) Switched to 64 bit client in launcher. Was able to enter game world.
    2b) Switched back to 32 bit client in launcher. Issue returned.
    Noticed the same thing, 32-bit version of the game can't be run while the 64-bit can. They broke something with the 32-bit version with this build.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Noticed the same thing, 32-bit version of the game can't be run while the 64-bit can. They broke something with the 32-bit version with this build.
    I'm wondering if the sound fix has confused the client on which .dll to use, and the client's just erroring and closing out.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I'm wondering if the sound fix has confused the client on which .dll to use, and the client's just erroring and closing out.
    Not exactly, but it is related to sound changes. 32-bit client is compiled with wrong imports for OpenAL32.dll. It seems it attempts to use RPCRT4.dll imports (whatever that is) instead of it's own which obviously won't work. Probably some copy/paste error while updating OpenAL library.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Welcome to our third preview of Update 59! There are also elements in this preview for features slated for release after Update 59, and even a few bits from Update 60. Lamannia is expected to open today and remain open until 3:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, April 13th.

Tolero, Cordovan, Steelstar or someone else - what is the actual date? This looks like a typo.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatcthulhu View Post
    Tolero, Cordovan, Steelstar or someone else - what is the actual date? This looks like a typo.
    Thur the 20th is the logical assumption.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Most individual Resistance, Insight, and Quality bonuses to Reflex, Fortitude, and Will Saving Throws on items have been increased by 1, putting them slightly above the values on Resistance items.
    This make no sense.
    What part of this are you having trouble with?

I'm assuming your issue isn't literally "What does this mean", and more "Why do this?"
    If why is the question, I'm guessing it's because I saw in preview 1 people were getting a little annoyed (and I'm getting a little annoyed too honestly) about the fact that old items would have a saves resistance bonus. So at level 7 lets say, a bracer can have a +4 Resistance bonus to saves. This is +4 Fortitude. +4 Reflex. +4 Will. All wrapped up in one neat item effect.

But these days the devs seem to want to split them up so one item would have +4 Fortitude. Another item would have +4 Reflex, and a third item would have +4 Will. Splitting 1 item effect into 3 is a little bit frustrating. Made all the more confusing by the fact that a blue augment of old Resistance exists. Which completely eliminates the need entirely anyway.

In preview 1, because the named set of the free quests also does this (The ring gives +will, the gloves give +fortitude, and the head gives +reflex) it makes sense for the legendary versions to do the same....but again, splitting them up is silly, and splitting them up at legendary when there's a perfectly good lv 32 Sapphire of Resistance makes less sense. So I saw at least a few posts that, in regards to this aspect of those items, basically said:

Head item: Remove the Reflex, or make it a different stacking type. We have an augment for that.
    Ring item: Remove the Will, or make it a different stacking type. We have an augment for that.
    Gloves item: Remove the Fortitude, or make it a different stacking type. We have an augment for that.

And even on other items, there was a whole lot of "We have an augment for that."

So I'm guessing by raising the singular save boost to 1 higher than the "Resistance" item effect's value, they're attempting to make it more attractive, or at least, not literally a wasted item effect vs the resistance effect. So now if you have a lv 32 Resistance augment slotted, at least you'll get +1 more from the items.

Now if you're going to ask whether a +1 is worth going out of your way to take 3 effects vs 1 consolidated effect...That's a different question. (Personally I don't think it is. But that's just me.)
    Last edited by SpardaX; 04-19-2023 at 07:38 PM.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Community Member COBHCLambofgod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    For character overlays can you consider also allowing partial things like Knight's Transformation to be turned off?

• Caster damage in Reaper difficulty has been adjusted for Skull 7 and higher:
      • Skull 7: From 25% damage to 23%
      • Skull 8: From 20% damage to 18%
      • Skull 9: From 18% damage to 15%
      • Skull 10: From 15% damage to 10%

Please reconsider this blanket nerf. Instead consider reducing over performing classes.

(Ideas)
    Druid
    -Double cooldown of ice flowers
    -Get rid of save debuff on mantle of icy soul

Sorc
    -Get rid of shorter cooldowns, make them the same as wizard

Alchemist
    -Make sure they need to face mobs to throw vials
    -Maybe reduce range of vials

There has to be some balance for casters that have easy immunity stripping and those that don't. Just nerfing all casters is not the way to go.

Please don’t do any of these. Just reduce the underperforming classes less, like FVS, Cleric and Warlock

Still have no idea why the Wildman are problematic.
    Yes, we have no idea as no explanation was ever given. I always thought of the Wildmen as a fantasy ape-man species like the Oparians (the beast men of Opar) from an Edgar Rice Burroughs "Lost World" setting. Unless the devs object to pulpy 1930s action-fantasy, I still don't see why the Wildmen have to be removed from the game.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Thur the 20th is the logical assumption.
    That sounds realistic; thanks for pointing it out.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by COBHCLambofgod View Post
    Please don’t do any of these. Just reduce the underperforming classes less, like FVS, Cleric and Warlock
    There is no way that is possible, they don't do blanket class adjustments for damage, this is for all spells.

The only fair way to balance is to actually adjust the classes that are OP rather than this blanket nerf to all casters. For the record I play mostly caster lives, Druids are now so ridiculous that I stopped playing them. Literally BoGW + DB + Tsunami + Ice Flowers (if anyone somehow survives). Rinse repeat zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sorcerers also need cooldowns = wizards, no reason for that and they are also boring and OP, since you need basically 4-5 spells and that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    What part of this are you having trouble with?

I'm assuming your issue isn't literally "What does this mean", and more "Why do this?"
    If why is the question, I'm guessing it's because I saw in preview 1 people were getting a little annoyed (and I'm getting a little annoyed too honestly) about the fact that old items would have a saves resistance bonus. So at level 7 lets say, a bracer can have a +4 Resistance bonus to saves. This is +4 Fortitude. +4 Reflex. +4 Will. All wrapped up in one neat item effect.

But these days the devs seem to want to split them up so one item would have +4 Fortitude. Another item would have +4 Reflex, and a third item would have +4 Will. Splitting 1 item effect into 3 is a little bit frustrating. Made all the more confusing by the fact that a blue augment of old Resistance exists. Which completely eliminates the need entirely anyway.

In preview 1, because the named set of the free quests also does this (The ring gives +will, the gloves give +fortitude, and the head gives +reflex) it makes sense for the legendary versions to do the same....but again, splitting them up is silly, and splitting them up at legendary when there's a perfectly good lv 32 Sapphire of Resistance makes less sense. So I saw at least a few posts that, in regards to this aspect of those items, basically said:

Head item: Remove the Reflex, or make it a different stacking type. We have an augment for that.
    Ring item: Remove the Will, or make it a different stacking type. We have an augment for that.
    Gloves item: Remove the Fortitude, or make it a different stacking type. We have an augment for that.

And even on other items, there was a whole lot of "We have an augment for that."

So I'm guessing by raising the singular save boost to 1 higher than the "Resistance" item effect's value, they're attempting to make it more attractive, or at least, not literally a wasted item effect vs the resistance effect. So now if you have a lv 32 Resistance augment slotted, at least you'll get +1 more from the items.

Now if you're going to ask whether a +1 is worth going out of your way to take 3 effects vs 1 consolidated effect...That's a different question. (Personally I don't think it is. But that's just me.)
    This is a gameplay change, not a specific loot change. At least according to the OP. So it makes no sense.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

It's a gameplay change in response to feedback of the loot. I still don't like it at all, even if it were +3 or something. It makes the whole thing more complicated and I'd rather have lower saves than deal with the hassle. MUCH rather just have different effects on all of them. In fact, I'm going to add them to the big list of things I'd like to NEVER see on future loot barring an overhaul to said effects:

- stat damage
    - stat damage on crits (so bad it needs 2 entries)
    - offensive clickies(including wands)
    - guards
    - super low dcs in non-heroic items (like going from 17 to 23 or 25 in epic)
    - Bonuses to esoteric effects like curse, poison, disease
    - Bonuses to individual saves

And some stuff I'd like to see much less of
    - keen/impact/is there a piercing one?
    - speed
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Community Member

This is a gameplay change, not a specific loot change. At least according to the OP. So it makes no sense.
    Maybe im just being dense today, but I still don't really understand what you're saying. Your issue is that the change is labeled incorrectly?

Call it a "gameplay change that only effects loot" instead?
    Last edited by SpardaX; 04-21-2023 at 03:23 AM.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

I also do not get your point. Could you be very concrete on what you feel does not make sense and why.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Yes, we have no idea as no explanation was ever given. I always thought of the Wildmen as a fantasy ape-man species like the Oparians (the beast men of Opar) from an Edgar Rice Burroughs "Lost World" setting. Unless the devs object to pulpy 1930s action-fantasy, I still don't see why the Wildmen have to be removed from the game.

There is a lot of art from that era that a lot of people would place between quotes nowadays.

• The self-healing penalty in Reaper Difficulty has been adjusted. The penalty for self-healing while outside of combat is now the same as the existing penalty for healing others while in or out of combat.
    As somebody else asked, what does "outside of combat" mean?

Caster damage in Reaper difficulty has been adjusted for Skull 7 and higher:

• Skull 7: From 25% damage to 23%
      • Skull 8: From 20% damage to 18%
      • Skull 9: From 18% damage to 15%
      • Skull 10: From 15% damage to 10%

This is a poor but passable approach to fixing the problem.

The real issue is that you keep upping the helpless damage boost % which makes it easier for casters to make mobs helpless and then evaporate them with all the boosts.

A much better solution would be scale back the helpless damage boosts for casters only while increasing the boosts for melee.

Someone on the dev team should keep track of stat inflation of all these boosts and use more reasonable increments rather than boosting one type of damage (helpless damage) to unacceptable levels and then fixing it by effectively applying a total damage nerf to all type of damage.

Helpless damage inflation is the primary reason casters are clearing mobs too quick and that could have been fixed without a blanket damage reduction. It also boxes in casters to using these damage boosts as you are effectively factoring them in to balance for all damage which is not a good approach in my opinion.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast