Community Member

Default Epic Strike Shared Cooldown Timers of Varying Lengths

I wanted to add a bit of heals by picking up Consecration from Divine Crusader(15 second duration). I already have Shadowstrike from Shadowdancer(10 second duration). I don't have the points to buy all of the Consecration upgrades to be able to get the cooldown below 30 seconds. The only cooldown for Shadowstrike is 15 seconds.

Shadowstrike goes on a 30 second cool down after using Consecration. I'd prefer the shared cooldown would not go any higher than the max for a specific Epic Strike, meaning that Shadowstrike cooldown never goes above 15 seconds, while Consecration goes on a 30 second cooldown.

It's a minor preference, but if design team wanted to encourage picking up multiple Epic Strikes for gameplay diversity this mod could help that?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by amessi1 View Post
    I wanted to add a bit of heals by picking up Consecration from Divine Crusader(15 second duration). I already have Shadowstrike from Shadowdancer(10 second duration). I don't have the points to buy all of the Consecration upgrades to be able to get the cooldown below 30 seconds. The only cooldown for Shadowstrike is 15 seconds.

Shadowstrike goes on a 30 second cool down after using Consecration. I'd prefer the shared cooldown would not go any higher than the max for a specific Epic Strike, meaning that Shadowstrike cooldown never goes above 15 seconds, while Consecration goes on a 30 second cooldown.

It's a minor preference, but if design team wanted to encourage picking up multiple Epic Strikes for gameplay diversity this mod could help that?
    The way epic strike cooldowns are done is absurd. A major rework would be appreciated but I wouldn't hold your breath. I even defended the design in saying they could iterate through clear deficiencies as we moved forward, ... I forgot that we don't do that very often.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

I'd be willing to take a change like this, in light of having lost so many other active abilities / SLA's per ED. I really do not like the way the game discourages you from mixing Epic Strikes... it's so build limiting.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Community Member

I would support this except that we all know that this will only result in a nerf to epic strikes since the current ED system is "balanced" around the way they work now.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by amessi1 View Post

I think this is a very fair point. You can't get consecration below 20s even with 3 points investment (which is fair enough given its 15s duration), but effectively imposing a 5s (or more) penalty on Shadowstrike as a result seems unfair as each ability's cooldown is naturally balanced for its own effect, and not necessarily that of others. I don't use either of these strikes but the principle of the OP seems sound.

/signed