Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ego Whip

Default Ego Whip

Ego Whip is way OP. Reduces your charisma to zero and it stays at zero for a long time. And it seems you like locking players in small closed empty rooms with a Kopru. When you're soloing mid to high reaper that's basically a death sentence.
    At least reduce the helplessness time to 10 seconds or less. Even 5 Seconds maybe.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    Ego Whip is way OP. Reduces your charisma to zero and it stays at zero for a long time. And it seems you like locking players in small closed empty rooms with a Kopru. When you're soloing mid to high reaper that's basically a death sentence.
    At least reduce the helplessness time to 10 seconds or less. Even 5 Seconds maybe.
    Yeah this effect is particularly annoying as its not telegraphed, its no-save, there's really nothing you can do except have enough CHA to not get insta-disabled so you can Restore yourself.

It needs to have a recurring save like other long-duration disabling effects, that restores you to 1 CHA.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Yeah this effect is particularly annoying as its not telegraphed, its no-save, there's really nothing you can do except have enough CHA to not get insta-disabled so you can Restore yourself.
    You can globe it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    You can globe it.
    Thats good to know - I'll try that next time

What level is it considered?

Fatesinger T4 Majesty: You are immune to Charisma stat damage
    If you can afford it, of course

I think spell resistance also works against these abilities but you have to take it way high for high reaper. I'm not even sure you can get it high enough outside of occult slayer.

With that being said, I think ego whip is so powerful so it can justify the tier4 in fatesinger :/
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post
    If you can afford it, of course
    This just doesn't seem to work. My bard gets incapped by charisma damage from Kopru and in LOB.

then its not WAI.

Deathward won't work as in only protects from negative energy effects (which are the majority of ability debuffing effects, by coincidence).
    Spell Absorption might or might not work, depending on if these effects are coded as spells or innate abilities.
    Fatesinger CHA immunity should work, but it seems to be bugged atm (or rather the Ego Whip is bugged to not respect the immunity).

One siggestion is to park a hireling behind a corner and run for help.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post
    Doesn't work.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Reading this thread while Dovydas is blasting in the background makes it that much more fun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valtan View Post
    Doesn't work.
    Last time I checked, it was working as designed. The "immunity" is nothing more than a rapid heal of CHA stat damage, not an actual immunity where you don't take stat damage in the first place.

Or are you saying that the ability has been recently broken and the CHA stat damage no longer heals at all?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steeme View Post
    Last time I checked, it was working as designed. The "immunity" is nothing more than a rapid heal of CHA stat damage, not an actual immunity where you don't take stat damage in the first place.

Or are you saying that the ability has been recently broken and the CHA stat damage no longer heals at all?
    You are correct, one of the devs explained it after people submitted it as being bugged. Yet people still think it's bugged, probably due to it being called immunity rather than being fully explained in the enhancement description.

Community Member

I would say that if you're able to run around, jump and tumble that you should be able to perform the manual dexterity required the quaff a potion of lesser restoration to get your stats back up to 1.

This wouldn't be unprecedented. It used to be if I remember right that rage prevented potion use which was absolutely devastating in quests like vision of destruction. The change was made to make an exception for potions.

Quote Originally Posted by elvesunited View Post
    I would say that if you're able to run around, jump and tumble that you should be able to perform the manual dexterity required the quaff a potion of lesser restoration to get your stats back up to 1.

This wouldn't be unprecedented. It used to be if I remember right that rage prevented potion use which was absolutely devastating in quests like vision of destruction. The change was made to make an exception for potions.
    When you're at zero you can't take a pot, cast a spell, or anything. Also, one shot is enough to drop you to zero. I lost over 90 points in one hit.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Community Member

When you're at zero you can't take a pot, cast a spell, or anything. Also, one shot is enough to drop you to zero. I lost over 90 points in one hit.
    I always solo quests when I do them the first time. Mostly so I can take my time, learn the quest and smell the flowers. Isle of dread I used my druid wolf alt. Most quests I solo'd at low reaper. "Wild thing" was very annoying but after having my charisma knocked down i could run away to my parked heal hire and then run back. Most of Fallen Temple I could handle as I could use tactics to knock the Kopru down before they could cast. But the end boss? No chance on reaper. No chance on elite. Ended up having to complete that quest on normal. Hurt my wolf's feelings.

Community Member

Perhaps they are using Psionics which characters have no defense against since no one has Psionics I agree that it is not fun to be helpless for a long time.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I did not know that Globes could help. That's something, at least. Because having no real defense against such a powerful attack is not fun at all.

But I'll have to try using Globe next time around.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

yeah, on par with the DM telling you "The monster stares at you and you are dead!" ...well, can I at least have a saving throw? "Yes, you can have a saving throw to shut your effin face!"

Not the greatest of design choices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast