Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Default Capture the Flag! 4v4 Contest

Capture the Flag

The Casual Obsession is hosting a Capture the Flag contest on the Khyber server! Great news- everyone is able to compete, even if you don't normally play on the Khyber server! To register, simply reply to this thread with the names of the characters on your team. Registration closes on Saturday, 04/29/2023 at 6:00 PM EST. See rules below:

Contest Rules

• Each team will consist of four (4) level four (4) characters.
    • Characters MUST be first-life.
    • Play will take place in the Sands of the Menechtarun PvP Capture the Flag Arena.
    • Each "round" will consist of one 10-minute match.
    • The team which captures the most flags in 10-minutes will be declared the winner of the round.
    • Each "match" will consist of up to three rounds, the first team to win two rounds will be declared the winner of the match.
    • In the event of a tie, the team with the highest kill count across all three rounds will be declared the winner.
      • In the event that there is a still a tie, each team member will roll 1d100 in game. Each team's total roll amount will be tallied and the team with the highest total roll will be declared the winner of the match.

• There are NO restrictions on items/gear/potions/scrolls or any other item that you can utilize in the game at level 4.
    • There are NO restrictions on party composition. If you want a team of all Clerics (you know you do!), then go for it!
    • Dimension Door - and any ability that grants you access to Dimension Door - is banned.
    • Each registered team will be randomly assigned a place in a bracket- with winning teams advancing to the next bracket after each match. Losing teams are eliminated as this will be a single-elimination tournament.
    • In the event there are any brackets with an odd number of teams- then the team with the highest amount of total kills from the previous match will receive a "bye" heading into the next bracket. In the first bracket, because assignments are random, in the event of an odd number of registered teams a random team will receive a "bye" and automatically advance to the next bracket.
    • The event will take place on Sunday, April 30th from 12:00 PM EST to 6:00 PM EST.

Prizes

• First Place Team
      • 2,000 DDO points (500 points per team member)
      • 40 Raid Bypass Timers (10 per team member)
      • 20 Scrolls of either Dimension Door or Deadly Weapons (5 per team member)
      • Winning Team Members will also roll off on the following prizes (1 prize per team member):
        • Heroic Ottos Box
        • Your choice of either 5 Long Lasting Potion of 15 Melee Power or 5 Long Lasting Potion of 15 Ranged Power
        • Your choice of either Joseph, the Mini Scarecrow Certificate or Tan-stripe Pseudodragon Certificate or Tabby Cat Certificate
        • 10 Elixirs of Major Mnemonic Enhancement

• Second Place Team
      • 400 DDO points (100 points per team member)
      • 20 Raid Bypass Timers (5 per team member)
      • 40 Bigby's Hands (10 per team member)
      • 8 Scrolls of either Dimension Door or Deadly Weapons (2 per team member)

• Third Place Team
      • 8 Raid Bypass Timers (2 per team member)
      • 20 Bigby's Hands (5 per team member)

• Anyone wishing to donate additional prizes should either send me a PM here on the forums or in Discord. I reserve the right to announce additional prizes throughout the contest. Please note that many of these prizes will only be use-able on the Khyber server.

FAQ

• Why first life characters? To encourage more participation- especially if someone from a server other than Khyber wants to play.
    • Why level four? Anyone with Vet Status I can easily roll a character to participate. Dimension Door is broken in capture the flag- scrolls are min lvl 5.
    • Why teams of four? To allow for a greater number of total teams to play.
    Last edited by karatemack; 04-19-2023 at 11:01 AM.
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord Check out my YouTube Channel
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

Community Manager

Sounds cool!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    • Why level four? Anyone with Vet Status I can easily roll a character to participate. Dimension Door is broken in capture the flag- scrolls are min lvl 5.
    So, how do you feel about that dragonmark of passage? Always got that option.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    So, how do you feel about that dragonmark of passage? Always got that option.
    Dimension Door - and any ability that grants you access to Dimension Door - is banned. Since the contest is 4v4, there's room in each party for a monitor.

Dimension Door - and any ability that grants you access to Dimension Door - is banned. Since the contest is 4v4, there's room in each party for a monitor.
    I mean, if I didn't point out the gap now then you'd have issues on the day :P

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    I mean, if I didn't point out the gap now then you'd have issues on the day :P
    I agree!

Thanks for pointing it out.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Thanks to a few generous donations, OP updated to include additional prizes. I have a few more on the way, but don't want to announce until I have them in-hand.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Capture the Flag

The Casual Obsession is hosting a Capture the Flag contest on the Khyber server! Great news- everyone is able to compete, even if you don't normally play on the Khyber server! To register, simply reply to this thread with the names of the characters on your team. Registration closes on Saturday, 04/29/2023 at 6:00 PM EST. See rules below:
    Team Quad
    [Because it is a Quad Box team}

Player 1: Wolfisi is currently at level 4 via Vet start. This toon needs to bank-level 5 for the few extra action points gained by going past base 4.
    Player 2: Leafeon-1 is a Hardcore Transfer that I just leveled up to 4 and needs to bank-level 5 for the extra action points.
    Player 3: Pluzza is a Barbarian at level 1 due to this being a F2P account and will need to level up to 4 per rules stating that it must be a level 4 toon. Edit leveled up to 4
    Player 4: Bafour is a Fighter currently at level 3 via Hardcore transfer and will need to level up to 4 per rules stating that it must be a level 4 toon. Edit leveled up to 4

I know I don't need to list classes, but one could look up my classes via the friend tab anyway.
    My first toon on my main had two serious flaws, so I rerolled, although the free feat swap from Fred would have fixed most of it.

I do reserve the right to recruit "real" players for my team up until the deadline on the day before the tournament. Please contact me if you wish to join.
    I am not a top-tier player but will be more than happy to add people to my team.

I do realize the odds of my winning this tournament with four boxes are very low, but this sounds like a lot of fun.

If anyone wants to practice with me or just receive details on creating this type of PVP event in-game or joining my team, send me a message via forums, or post in this thread, or contact Wolfisi/Fawngate/Fawngale in game.

If anyone wants details of previous events of this nature, I did run Slayer-type PVP events years ago.
    https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...ds-be-with-you

This sounds enjoyable and well-organized.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 04-26-2023 at 07:01 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Those wanting to practice before the event do these steps:

Possibly gather in a location that has a less populated general chat such as the Inspired Quarter or House J.
    Possibly have everyone join a channel and add that channel to their chat window.

Form a party with whoever you desire to have at the event.

Form a Raid group (notice that this option also lists it as "Form a raid / PVP group"

Promote to the leader the person that you want to start the event.

That person travels to one of the following:

Phoenix Tavern in the Marketplace (There are other sites you can visit as well, but this is the most common).
    The Rusty Nail in the Marketplace
    Open Palm Inn in House Jorasco

That person separates the party by right-clicking on each player and choosing one of two options:
    "Place on blue team"
    "Place on red team"
    This separates the raid group into two PVP teams (and ironically I think it locks you out of entering a raid or messing with raiding somehow?)

Walk up to Jackson Laws inside the Phoenix Tavern and click on him.

Choose: "Yes, please send me to the fighting arenas."
    Multi-choice option: put a checkmark on "CTF: Menechtarun"
    Click the button at the bottom marked: "Choose!"

You will get a message in the party chat: Waiting for party members' consent to start the match...
    (Be sure everyone has UI check-marked: Allow challenge requests inside the options menu.)
    Everyone besides you will get a box pop-up similar to a party invitation which reads: You are about to about to enter a PVP match. Do you want to participate?"
    This box will time out in about 15 seconds or so.

When everyone has clicked "Yes", you will be divided into two teams and within a few seconds will zone into CTF: Menechtarun with a 10-minute timer.

If this fails, you will get a "The request to enter a PVP match has timed out.
    Try again warning everyone to click faster.

When the match is over if you hit the "X" key an experience report will pop up (assuming you have not reassigned the X key to something over than experience).

Finish out to leave the event, returning you to your original location wherever you were (except maybe Korthos), but you might want to bind your toon to your guild airship (airship buffs are recommended) in case you get stuck in PVP land.

Warning going from Vet Status to PVP match without binding your character will get you stuck inside the PVP arena and unable to finish out.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 04-20-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

About time to start thinking about equipment.

At min level 3 and upgradable, the Saltmarsh Sets are looking interesting...
    There is also Cannith Crafting.
    I will have to do some comparisons.

Upgraded Ioun stones would be a must-have if this was min level 5 PVP; the level 2 Pale Lavender is a notable mention but very expensive as it is destroyed upon full usage. Anyone using that against me deserves to win.
    For the rest of the Ioun Stones:
    A +2 stat bonus is nice on the rest, but a +3 saltmarsh or Cannith trumps it, if one has the odd stat to raise up.

There are also Ability Tomes that can be applied:
    +1 and +2 bonuses will be applied at character level 1 and higher
    +3 bonuses will be applied at character level 3 and higher

Most noteworthy is the
    Bound to Character on AcquireIcon tooltip.pngBound to Character on Acquire: This item is Bound to Character on Acquire:
    For a character's 1750 favor reward, you can select a +2 tome of your choice.

Community Member

Lightbulb Team:

Keegan
    Madator
    Kore

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I had an odd crafting bug: I was able to Cannith craft Insightful Spellpower suffix shards designed for weapons but was unable to attach them to a weapon. Error recipe not found.

Bug report submitted
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 04-25-2023 at 02:05 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I had an odd crafting bug: I was able to Cannith craft Insightful Spellpower suffix shards designed for weapons but was unable to attach them to a weapon. Error recipe not found.

Bug report submitted
    "Insightful" slot effects (including Parrying) cannot be placed in items lower than ML 10. The values are listed simply because we have them - perhaps(?) they will be useful in the future, but not at present, and should be ignored.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianDeathMachine View Post
    "Insightful" slot effects (including Parrying) cannot be placed in items lower than ML 10. The values are listed simply because we have them - perhaps(?) they will be useful in the future, but not at present, and should be ignored.
    Ah, thank you!

I knew about the extra slot limit for low levels (not sure off the top of my head what level that opens up) but did not know about Insightful limits.
    Appreciate that.

I have my main toon geared up and need to fund some plat to buy consumables and such.
    The other three need a lot of work.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Korelar View Post
    Keegan
    Madator
    Kore
    If you need a fourth teammate by the time Saturday rolls around, I would be glad to join your team with Wolfisi

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Team Quad is now leveled up to 4 (whole team is now legal) and I tried out the PVP area to test for U 59 bugs and did not notice anything unusual.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Just wanted to pop in and remind everyone that there are only 2 days left to sign up for this event.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

Barbershopper

Default Pay It Forward team

Hi there! The guild Pay It Forward is fielding a team. We're still settling on the makeup, but right now it's:
    * Doccdead
    * Mythicalmoon
    * Bakarri
    * Dawnspeeder

We may substitute, but all are members of the Pay It Forward guild.
    Looking forward to it! Thanks for putting it together.
    Dawnstrider, Officer of Pay It Forward (Sarlona, and all servers)

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Default Event

For tomorrow- all registered teams should be in the Stormreach Marketplace. Griglok will send a tell to invite you to a discord to make coordination easier.

Good luck to all participants and see you in-game tomorrow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast