Community Member

Default crafting ammo (expensive dragonshard question)

Every stack of arrows in cc costs 144 dragonshards. Is there any way to reduce this from 144?!

As a falconry, the best I get is 80% returning; That is a constant flow of arrows I would need to craft and keep on hand.

Am I just stuck with the 144 cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    Every stack of arrows in cc costs 144 dragonshards. Is there any way to reduce this from 144?!

As a falconry, the best I get is 80% returning; That is a constant flow of arrows I would need to craft and keep on hand.

It is (imho) pointless making these in large amounts. You can just use Flame Arrow scrolls from House C and summon stacks of 500 at a time. Once in to the higher levels there is a bow which has a clicky on it which summons an arrow that is 100% returning and only vanishes on log out (I think it's from Baba).

Stoner81.

also conjure arrows in several trees but when you want a +5 arrow and get + 1 , maybe this should scale with level

Ammo enhancement bonus still does not stack with weapon enhancement bonus, correct? So there's no need for +5 ammo unless your bow/whatever is lower than that.

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    Ammo enhancement bonus still does not stack with weapon enhancement bonus, correct? So there's no need for +5 ammo unless your bow/whatever is lower than that.
    yep so not being able to even use a +5 arrow before level 10 is a scam . like turning in crafting collectables for a chance at the augment you want ... when the collectables are rare drops.
    Last edited by archest; 04-16-2023 at 05:33 PM.

Or you just can farm Old Baba's Hut for Void, the Endless Cold, and use summoned Frozen Terror with any bow you like.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

You can get Conjure Arrows enhancement in several ways.

Horizon Walker tree (bought in store or unlocked via Gatekeepers favor), 3 AP spent.

Ranger AA tree, need 1 level of ranger (not Dark Hunter), 3 AP spent in AA tree.

Elven AA tree, need to be Elf/Wood Elf/Sun Elf, 14 AP spent in racial tree for AA tree unlock, 3 AP in AA tree.

Half-Elf Dilletante: Ranger (13 starting dex requirement, 8 AP spent in Racial tree for Dilletante special ability)

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post
    You can get Conjure Arrows enhancement in several ways.

Horizon Walker tree (bought in store or unlocked via Gatekeepers favor), 3 AP spent.

Ranger AA tree, need 1 level of ranger (not Dark Hunter), 3 AP spent in AA tree.

Elven AA tree, need to be Elf/Wood Elf/Sun Elf, 14 AP spent in racial tree for AA tree unlock, 3 AP in AA tree.

Half-Elf Dilletante: Ranger (13 starting dex requirement, 8 AP spent in Racial tree for Dilletante special ability)
    and s c r o l l < a rare find....

to never run out of ammo, if you have no infinite ammo via enhancement\spells, from house cannith vendor, scrolls of flame arrow or conjure bolts.

i'll say again that ammo counting should be modernized into infinite ammo for everyone. like throwers, you equip your weapon and you just fire over and over with no constant inventory access and weight adjustment, just a lot of useless calculations. at least for basic +1 ammo.
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    to never run out of ammo, if you have no infinite ammo via enhancement\spells, from house cannith vendor, scrolls of flame arrow or conjure bolts.

i'll say again that ammo counting should be modernized into infinite ammo for everyone. like throwers, you equip your weapon and you just fire over and over with no constant inventory access and weight adjustment, just a lot of useless calculations. at least for basic +1 ammo.
    Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions.

I checked out the scrolls, and they are umd 28. As a ranger, cha was a dump stat, and even putting putting points into umd every level, I will still only get to 11 points umd at 20. That rules out the scroll option.

I agree with the above sentiment, in that ammo management is pretty silly. Is it immersive? Maybe. Does it ruin fun, and drive you to solutions that you may not want to do? I would say unequivocally yes. At least my inquis just mashed a button.

I will be stuck with the 80% ammo recovery in falconry, as I don't have the points to dip into hw, hw is a purchase, and as a dark hunter I have no (practical) access to AA.

At least I have a level 12 +6 cha +4 command celebrated belt of jump which should help with that umd issue.

Should've rolled an elf, you silly kobold.

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions.

I checked out the scrolls, and they are umd 28. As a ranger, cha was a dump stat, and even putting putting points into umd every level, I will still only get to 11 points umd at 20. That rules out the scroll option.

I agree with the above sentiment, in that ammo management is pretty silly. Is it immersive? Maybe. Does it ruin fun, and drive you to solutions that you may not want to do? I would say unequivocally yes. At least my inquis just mashed a button.

I will be stuck with the 80% ammo recovery in falconry, as I don't have the points to dip into hw, hw is a purchase, and as a dark hunter I have no (practical) access to AA.

At least I have a level 12 +6 cha +4 command celebrated belt of jump which should help with that umd issue.
    Having 8 base charisma (and no tomes), wielding an epic flameward (quite easy to farm and upgrade), heroism (quaff a potion), 11 from umd skill and a green steel spell point item item with +6 charisma skills (can take some time to create but is nice to have on a ranger regardless) gets you like 31 umd at lvl 20. Some stuff can get you even further if you really want to max it (e.g. spider mask +1 (not sure if this can be gotten any longer), greater heroism (another +2), competence +5 item (another +2) and store bunny hat (+3 stacking with scrolls) so you can get 39 (higher if you have eaten a charisma tome) umd at lvl 20 and can use most convenience scrolls.
    Last edited by Jeromio; 04-20-2023 at 03:41 AM.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

eventually you will have 10's of thousands of these shards if you play long enough....

Does house Deneith favor 75% returning arrows stack with the 80% from falconry?

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Yes, Fletching from an enhancement tree stacks with the returning property on an ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    Correct. And 75% from Deneith Sturdy Bolts stacked with 80% Fletching provide 95% chance to return bolt (1-(1-0.75)x(1-0.8) = 0.95).
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?