Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Pale Master skeleton level calculation changed?

I just noticed that my L31 (20 Wiz, 10 Epic, 1 Leg) Pale Master's skeleton only is level 25. This is despite the ingame description being that the level should be wizard + epic levels. I checked the update 58 patch notes and couldn't find anything, Both DDOWiki and DDOCompendium gives the same level as the ingame description.
    So what's going on here? Is it a bug, or did it change without me noticing or the ingame description being changed?

Community Member

There was a change recently to the way maximum caster levels worked in epics and I seem to recall the cap being 25 in that change. I don't think it applies to all spells but maybe it applies to the Skel Knight?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    There was a change recently to the way maximum caster levels worked in epics and I seem to recall the cap being 25 in that change. I don't think it applies to all spells but maybe it applies to the Skel Knight?
    That would add up to 25, but the ingame description doesn't mention caster level, and AFAIK has never used it. It only uses your Wiz+Epic level, according to the ingame description, and the wiki. It would also mean that multi-class characters would start to benefit from caster levels from other classes, which I don't think is the intention (Again coming back to the description both ingame and on the Wiki).
    I'm basically asking which error that I should write a bug report on, because the ingame description and the statistics don't match up.