Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    hope springs eternal.
    That choice of words mixed with the fact Thri-Kreen are usually known for jumping very, very high made me laugh a bit inside.

Eternal springs. Or at least springing for days. That is the Thri-Kreen way.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    We've already fallen off the cliff where any new races live. Now it's down the slippery slope of deleting races. ...and other stuff.
    As long as we get Kenku, I don’t care which race needs deleted for it. (Tabaxi are exempt.)

Community Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jSinisterCatj View Post
    I know this will probably receive some negative backlash, but my suggestion is to add the playable race of Kenku! I have been wanting to play this race in a D&D game for a long time and it doesn’t seem to be ever considered. I understand that they talk mainly through mimicry, but I would personally deal with the standard common dialog options with the NPCs, and I would RP the real way they talk with other players.

This race doesn’t seem like a common addition to any games, but if there could be more people that just agree for it to be added, rather than come up with reason why it shouldn’t be playable, I would greatly appreciate it. If you’re one of the hardcore lore obedient players, obviously I understand your reason for disagreeing. But I beg the devs and the player base to please support this idea, I would give anything to play this race in a game!

I played a Kenku Wizard in my D&D group, so being able to play this in the game would be incredible! Thank you all!

Anyone know the probability of a dev seeing a suggestion and actually implementing it? Do they actually read this forum?

Anyone know the probability of a dev seeing a suggestion and actually implementing it? Do they actually read this forum?
    Since you asked. Extremely low. THey read the forums but they have their plans and that will take precedence. No one was asking for Tabaxi but they added them because it fit their plans. It was prioritized over other highly requested races (e.g. kobold).

Community Member

I think having Kenku is an amazing suggestion and would be really cool! They have a really different feel to anything else in the game and would allow for some funny dialogues. Having them be hirelings that follow you around and mimic what you say and hear would allow for some interesting dialogue interactions!

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondKevo View Post
    I think having Kenku is an amazing suggestion and would be really cool! They have a really different feel to anything else in the game and would allow for some funny dialogues. Having them be hirelings that follow you around and mimic what you say and hear would allow for some interesting dialogue interactions!
    That’s a perspective i didn’t think about. I hope they do add them as playable and as Hirelings. Imagine an army of Kenku xD

Kalashtar and Changelings first before ANY other race.

Once we get Kalashtar and Changelings, all the normal core Eberron races will have been added to DDO.

Once those have been added, I'd be good with talking about adding other races like Kenku and Githzerai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Kalashtar and Changelings first before ANY other race.

Once we get Kalashtar and Changelings, all the normal core Eberron races will have been added to DDO.

Once those have been added, I'd be good with talking about adding other races like Kenku and Githzerai.
    No! xD Kenku before anything. I have searched to the edge of any D&D game, even tried Neverwinter Nights to play as Kenku, to no such luck. I just want to live out my life as a Kenku in a D&D game. I wish any D&D game, even Neverwinter the mmo, would please just add it. I just hope this game does it first.

No! xD Kenku before anything. I have searched to the edge of any D&D game, even tried Neverwinter Nights to play as Kenku, to no such luck. I just want to live out my life as a Kenku in a D&D game. I wish any D&D game, even Neverwinter the mmo, would please just add it. I just hope this game does it first.
    Forgive the Devs if they don't just bend to YOUR will and add a fairly obscure, non-core race just because YOU want it.

The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Forgive the Devs if they don't just bend to YOUR will and add a fairly obscure, non-core race just because YOU want it.

This is the toxicity i knew my post would one day attract. Can’t allow someone else to wish that something they enjoy would get added, god forbid it. But welcome to my post and thank you for commenting on it, the more the better!

Community Member

Considering this post has gotten positive feedback so far I wouldn’t say it’s just to their will. I think adding more non-core races would be very interesting and add different flavor. Regardless the post is titled suggested not demand!

Community Member

Considering this post has gotten positive feedback so far I wouldn’t say it’s just to their will. I think adding more non-core races would be very interesting and add different flavor. Regardless the post is titled suggested not demand!
    Hey thanks, DiamondKevo! I appreciate ongoing support on this. I’m glad you don’t see it as me being demanding, and responding quickly lets me know others are watching this post. Thanks again!

This was a demand:

No! xD Kenku before anything.

Community Member

This was a demand:
    No, that was humor. I was responding to someone else’s comment. I try very hard to not upset anyone and to keep a positive vibe. I never demand anything, and I am very aware of how hard the devs work on this game. I am just passionate about this race, and I apologize if you read my comments another way, that is not how I meant them to come across. Thank you friend, I will try to make my humor more obvious and be less demanding in the future.
    Last edited by jSinisterCatj; 04-20-2023 at 12:25 PM.

*also want*

Not that it makes it much more likely over whatever they already have planned in for the next few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Member

No.

Just stop with all this nonsense. There are too many races in the game already. Devs should be focused on bug fixes.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AlcoArgo View Post
    No.

Just stop with all this nonsense. There are too many races in the game already. Devs should be focused on bug fixes.
    lI can understand what you mean, bug fixes are super important. But i only ask that they consider it as an expac selling point or something for me to spend my money on. Patch bugs, release content.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    *also want*

Not that it makes it much more likely over whatever they already have planned in for the next few years.
    Our chances increase if we can keep this post on the forums!

Community Member

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin51 View Post
    That’s funny! But let’s try to be more positive about it! A yes is just a simpler way of having content added and more money made for the devs. It never hurts to just say yes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast