Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Lightbulb New Race Suggestion: Kenku

I know this will probably receive some negative backlash, but my suggestion is to add the playable race of Kenku! I have been wanting to play this race in a D&D game for a long time and it doesn’t seem to be ever considered. I understand that they talk mainly through mimicry, but I would personally deal with the standard common dialog options with the NPCs, and I would RP the real way they talk with other players.

This race doesn’t seem like a common addition to any games, but if there could be more people that just agree for it to be added, rather than come up with reason why it shouldn’t be playable, I would greatly appreciate it. If you’re one of the hardcore lore obedient players, obviously I understand your reason for disagreeing. But I beg the devs and the player base to please support this idea, I would give anything to play this race in a game!

I played a Kenku Wizard in my D&D group, so being able to play this in the game would be incredible! Thank you all!

Edit: I found out that Kenku can actually speak Common, so the language isn’t a problem! I really hope this race is considered to be added in the near future!
    Last edited by jSinisterCatj; 04-20-2023 at 06:40 AM.

NO! JUST NO!

At least not yet! I just got done with racial lives! Let me enjoy it dammit!

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    NO! JUST NO!

At least not yet! I just got done with racial lives! Let me enjoy it dammit!

Stoner81.

I need it! We just need to convince the devs! D:

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Why not.

Still, I'd rather have thri-kreen. We need more bugs.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Why not.

I didn’t know that was a race, that’s so cool! Kenku first though ;D

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by jSinisterCatj View Post
    I didn’t know that was a race, that’s so cool! Kenku first though ;D
    Hehe, fair enough

We'll never get thri-kreen anyway.... oh, well.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Why not.

Thri-kreen don't sleep, they wait Thri-kreen are great for watches while camping but then there's the whole being afraid they will eat you while you're asleep thing and no one else really getting any rest....

I loved playing thri-kreen (and half-giants) in Dark Sun.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by misterski View Post
    Thri-kreen don't sleep, they wait Thri-kreen are great for watches while camping but then there's the whole being afraid they will eat you while you're asleep thing and no one else really getting any rest....

I loved playing thri-kreen (and half-giants) in Dark Sun.
    See @Dandonk, there are others that like it as well!

Community Member

Lightbulb

I know this will probably receive some negative backlash, but my suggestion is to add the playable race of Kenku! I have been wanting to play this race in a D&D game for a long time and it doesn’t seem to be ever considered. I understand that they talk mainly through mimicry, but I would personally deal with the standard common dialog options with the NPCs, and I would RP the real way they talk with other players.

This race doesn’t seem like a common addition to any games, but if there could be more people that just agree for it to be added, rather than come up with reason why it shouldn’t be playable, I would greatly appreciate it. If you’re one of the hardcore lore obedient players, obviously I understand your reason for disagreeing. But I beg the devs and the player base to please support this idea, I would give anything to play this race in a game!

I played a Kenku Wizard in my D&D group, so being able to play this in the game would be incredible! Thank you all!

Anyone know the probability of a dev seeing a suggestion and actually implementing it? Do they actually read this forum?

Anyone know the probability of a dev seeing a suggestion and actually implementing it? Do they actually read this forum?
    Since you asked. Extremely low. THey read the forums but they have their plans and that will take precedence. No one was asking for Tabaxi but they added them because it fit their plans. It was prioritized over other highly requested races (e.g. kobold).