Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    That's not how math works.

Yes, some people get lucky right away. Others get very unlucky and take a while. That's why we calculate averages.

If you're not asking for the price to be based on the current average, then you're asking for it to be made way cheaper than it currently is. Which is fine, as long as you admit it - but you're going to get way less traction with that argument, because its pure power creep
    Yes, I am asking for it to be cheaper. In my first response I already stated I think it's way too expensive due to the random element.

It is how math works. Each roll = 100 threads. 2,500 threads = 25 re-rolls. I don't think a fixed price should be based off of an average of how many times it would take a player to roll a perfect gem, especially because I already believe this system is overpriced. Also- calculating it that way would buy into the gambler's fallacy. You could re-roll a million times and never get the item you are actually chasing under the current system. I know players who have re-rolled over 200 times and haven't gotten a version of the gem they needed to drop.

Also- power creep that allows easier access to power many players already have is great for this game. There's enough chase in DDO... this gem doesn't haven't to be part of it.
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord Check out my YouTube Channel
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    Yes, I am asking for it to be cheaper. In my first response I already stated I think it's way too expensive due to the random element.
    Any re-roll cost is too expensive.

The very fact that its RNG makes it hands down the stupidest item in the game. It should be fixed cost/fixed bonus(EG you choose the bonus). None of this dumb reroll garbage.
    If I can read the dev tracker, you can too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post

It is how math works. Each roll = 100 threads. 2,500 threads = 25 re-rolls. I don't think a fixed price should be based off of an average of how many times it would take a player to roll a perfect gem, especially because I already believe this system is overpriced. Also- calculating it that way would buy into the gambler's fallacy. You could re-roll a million times and never get the item you are actually chasing under the current system. I know players who have re-rolled over 200 times and haven't gotten a version of the gem they needed to drop.

Also- power creep that allows easier access to power many players already have is great for this game. There's enough chase in DDO... this gem doesn't haven't to be part of it.
    It was deliberately designed as a chase item. It's going to be costly because of this. Saying it doesn't have to be is irrelevant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123