Default Reaper vendor bug

Reaper vendor won’t accept throwing weapon and wand for fragment disassembling, even those have reaper enhancement.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Community Member

Annoying isn't it. I have five items in the bank taking storage on the off chance this ever works.

I am not sure if they ever said this was unintentional and would be fixed, or if there's some complication that prevents it from being fixed.

Community Manager

This is a long-standing bug that is particularly challenging to address. We've spent quite a bit of time looking into it, but the system doesn't really work with thrown weapons due to them being considered ammo behind the scenes rather than a weapon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is a long-standing bug that is particularly challenging to address. We've spent quite a bit of time looking into it, but the system doesn't really work with thrown weapons due to them being considered ammo behind the scenes rather than a weapon.
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I should just feed them to a sentient gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I've never seen a Reaper bonus on any non-returning items. Wouldn't it just be easier to just have the vendor accept ammo, and only have the trade option appear only if the ammo has a reaper bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I've never seen a Reaper bonus on any non-returning items. Wouldn't it just be easier to just have the vendor accept ammo, and only have the trade option appear only if the ammo has a reaper bonus?
    No, you have it all wrong, it is easier to make an excuse than fix it.

I still have a reaper quiver that I cannot convert to a fragment .. bug reported and forum posted going on a year now that still has not been resolved..

April 8, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Quiver of Poison with Reaper bonus won't go into reaper fragment trader window

Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

I still have a reaper quiver that I cannot convert to a fragment .. bug reported and forum posted going on a year now that still has not been resolved..

April 8, 2022

In that instance the bug is that the quiver has a reaper bonus, not that the quiver can't be fed. There were release notes after that that stated that quivers can no longer have erroneous reaper bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcath View Post
    In that instance the bug is that the quiver has a reaper bonus, not that the quiver can't be fed. There were release notes after that that stated that quivers can no longer have erroneous reaper bonuses.
    The fact remains it did drop with a reaper bonus even if they later decide to put out release notes indicating they can no longer drop with reaper.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

The fact remains it did drop with a reaper bonus even if they later decide to put out release notes indicating they can no longer drop with reaper.
    And? What, do you want them to allow yo to crunch it even though the reaper bonus was added erroneously? I don't think so.

Hum I wondered why I could not feed my reaper shuriken
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,