Community Member

Default Orien going down?

Why is the lag on Orien so terrible?!

Community Member

I know these Orien threads have been popular lately, but most of the time Orien is working without a problem. I think I had one spike of lag the entire evening. It last for about 30 seconds, so it was a real lag spike, but far from a serious problem.

I suppose under normal circumstances I do experience a moment of lag on many occasions when starting combat with a new group of monsters, which is a bit of a concern when running R10 and being at close range, but it rarely kills me, so I think nothing of it.

Sometimes I wonder how many of these threads just stem from different people having very different tolerances for lag. There is a decent chance I experienced more lag than that, but I usually don't remember the more minor stuff. If no one dies it isn't really noticeable.

All that said, the reports from the test server sound very promising. They may have found a fix for the lag (for real this time), if the positive reviews from the people that play on the test server are to be believed (and usually the posters on those forums are pretty honest).

Community Member

its still really bad ...LOCKUPS FREEZES STUTTERS .....i have i9 and it still does all of that .it has been this bad for months , i would hate to be a new player and try to have a game atm they would quit for sure.
    trying to lvl a dark hunter bow user atm what a joke ,fires 7 arrows maybe 1 hits, The pet that comes with it is broken too that the collars dont recognize augments...Still waiting for a fix
    Last edited by badm0f0; 04-12-2023 at 02:04 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by badm0f0 View Post
    i have i9 and it still does all of that
    DDO was developed in late 90s for one-core CPUs, so even if we all upgrade to AMD's Threadripper it will make zero difference. It requires complete re-write like Diablo 4, but SSG is no Blizzard. U59 has some improvements coming and hopefully more back-end work will happen in the coming decade(s).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I know these Orien threads have been popular lately, but most of the time Orien is working without a problem. I think I had one spike of lag the entire evening. It last for about 30 seconds, so it was a real lag spike, but far from a serious problem.

I suppose under normal circumstances I do experience a moment of lag on many occasions when starting combat with a new group of monsters, which is a bit of a concern when running R10 and being at close range, but it rarely kills me, so I think nothing of it.

Sometimes I wonder how many of these threads just stem from different people having very different tolerances for lag. There is a decent chance I experienced more lag than that, but I usually don't remember the more minor stuff. If no one dies it isn't really noticeable.

All that said, the reports from the test server sound very promising. They may have found a fix for the lag (for real this time), if the positive reviews from the people that play on the test server are to be believed (and usually the posters on those forums are pretty honest).
    Depends Sharn public areas has been particularly bad recently I wonder with it being a newer zone if it doesnt have the instancing the older zones like market place has to manage the load.

Community Member

I guess it depends on what sort of social interactions you're looking for, but one option is to pick a less laggy server and find a guild that you can hang with. Example. Wayfinder, and the server has a guild with the name Wayfinder in the name that currently eludes me.