Community Manager

Default Lamannia Update 59 Preview 2 Feedback: Assault on Summerfield

Get us your feedback here!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

The will saves for the mobs popping out of the portals seems to be overtuned. Mass Hold Monster with a 106 DC and all I get is a cloud of Save messages.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    The will saves for the mobs popping out of the portals seems to be overtuned. Mass Hold Monster with a 106 DC and all I get is a cloud of Save messages.
    Is this on casual or reaper 10?
    Triple all

Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    Is this on casual or reaper 10?
    R4. The weird part is it's only the mobs popping out of the portals. All "Save" messages, and no FoM icons. All the mobs outside of the portal invasion get held at a much higher rate of success.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    R4. The weird part is it's only the mobs popping out of the portals. All "Save" messages, and no FoM icons. All the mobs outside of the portal invasion get held at a much higher rate of success.
    I guess they sent their very best guys to assault the commander directly!

The other guys everywhere else must just be the disposables of the army.

(This is a joke)
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    I guess they sent their very best guys to assault the commander directly!
    The other guys everywhere else must just be the disposables of the army.

(This is a joke)
    Apologies in advance for the serious reply to the intentionally unserious response.

It might also be another situation where old mobs scale up at a stupid high rate. SSG had a similar issue with rescaling the drow in "The Mines of Tethyamar" pack in U51.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

I would definitely look into keeping the saves down on this one for the monsters. We need to at least feel like our stuff that uses DCs (I am talking about both martial and casting) can at least feel useful in what seems to be End Game content. Otherwise, I've found, you end up having to resort to cheesing and to me, that is just not fun... especially if you're someone who primarily solos
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Just a minor complaint but I'll put it here. The trend for the last few years is that all yellow-named mobs in a quest will be the exact same power, all orange names the same power, and all red names the same power. This created a bunch of weird trends where after revamping the VoN series, all the arena spectators in Tharashk who are supposed to be weak cannon fodder are exactly as strong as the gladiators, which makes no sense. The challenging red-name encounters like the Hezrou in Into The Deeps, and the red abishai in Partycrashers, are now exactly as strong as a standard red-name at that level. And then in these newer quests, the cannon fodder like the kobold miners, who are way lower CR and super squishy in heroics, and come at you in droves, are exactly the same power level as everything else in the quest. Just doesn't make much sense, and takes away from the fun. I like older quests like in Stormhorns, where you have the cannon fodder Gnoll infantry that halve like 30% the HP of everything else and come at you in droves and get slaughtered
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Just a minor complaint but I'll put it here. The trend for the last few years is that all yellow-named mobs in a quest will be the exact same power, all orange names the same power, and all red names the same power. This created a bunch of weird trends where after revamping the VoN series, all the arena spectators in Tharashk who are supposed to be weak cannon fodder are exactly as strong as the gladiators, which makes no sense. The challenging red-name encounters like the Hezrou in Into The Deeps, and the red abishai in Partycrashers, are now exactly as strong as a standard red-name at that level. And then in these newer quests, the cannon fodder like the kobold miners, who are way lower CR and super squishy in heroics, and come at you in droves, are exactly the same power level as everything else in the quest. Just doesn't make much sense, and takes away from the fun. I like older quests like in Stormhorns, where you have the cannon fodder Gnoll infantry that halve like 30% the HP of everything else and come at you in droves and get slaughtered
    I have noticed this as well and I really don't like it myself. Maybe that goes along with the whole "why do DCs need to be so freaking high" in Epic/Legendary content.... my guess is it has something to do certain monster numbers still needing to be squished. I wish they'd address it sooner rather than later, since as you said, it doesn't make any sense when you're comparing purple/orange/red named monsters to weak ones who should be viewed as cannon fodder.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Excellent insight as always.