Community Manager

Default Lamannia Update 59 Preview 2 Feedback: Performance Updates

We have fundamentally changed how bonuses are calculated behind the scenes to be using a more performant algorithm to reduce lag in the game. This change impacts:

• Feat bonuses
    • Enhancement bonuses
    • Epic destiny bonuses
    • Past life bonuses
    • Toggled bonuses
    • Temporarily granted Feats
    • Armor Class bonuses
    • Blocking Armor Class bonuses
    • Attack bonuses
    • Damage bonuses
    • Savings throw bonuses

Please keep an eye out for discrepancies in bonuses on your character sheet between the regular Live game worlds and this Lamannia build. Adding and removing Feats, Enhancements, and acquisition of Past Lives are the primary mechanisms that might cause these bonuses to exhibit erroneous behaviors. There are more than 485 bonuses affected and not all of them are on the character sheet and easily displayable.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

What has changed since Preview 1?

I got a reply from Codog that the +80 spellpoints +5% crits bug was fixed. Anything else?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

I noticed some minor discrepancy on spellpower. All of my spellpowers are off. Some by 6, others by 1. The following screenshots were taken in a reaper dungeon, but the discrepancy is exactly the same value out of dungeon.

https://www.isger.de/ddo/ambitious_orien.jpg
    https://www.isger.de/ddo/ambitious_lamannia.jpg

I'm not posting the pictures directly because of the size.

This isn't really a numbers issue, just a an observation that might be related: I've been getting more hitching this preview. It's still better than live, but worse than Preview 1. The main difference on my end is I was playing a Stormsinger in Preview 1, and an Enlightened Spirit warlock in Preview 2. It really feels like Eldritch Aura is at fault here. Like I'll hit a moment where a bunch of procs off the aura line up. It's intermittent enough that I'm not sure how to test it. The character's name is Aemlas if you'd like to copy him and do some testing of your own.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious View Post
    I noticed some minor discrepancy on spellpower. All of my spellpowers are off. Some by 6, others by 1. The following screenshots were taken in a reaper dungeon, but the discrepancy is exactly the same value out of dungeon.

Did you lose access to favor unlocked enhancement (like harper agent) on your copied character? (Only asking because I had that happen last preview to my main)

Community Member

Default Panther Mount

Thanks for everything you do for this game.

I haven't had much time to spend in Lamannia, but I did check out the new mount, which I think is super cool. I was running a Dragonborn, and it looks like my toon sits slightly cockeyed, like rotated a few degrees to the right. She was also hovering a bit over the mount, and I ran into a couple of issues where the panther sank into terrain changes. For the most part this wasn't a big deal, like just a little of the front paws, but in IoD about 1/3 of the mount sank into a rock. The rock surface was flat, but the panther was positioned as if running down hill, so the back feet were in the air and the front of the cat was sunk into the rock. I'm not sure how to share screen shots here?

/dance had no animation, but gave the text, "you dance around." /dance2 had no animation and no text.

Jump animation was smooth. Pressing jump while standing gave a satisfying ROAR.

Unrelated to the mount, I got the "can't perform this action in a public place" message when I tried using Celestial Bombardment in the dojo. All my other spells worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious View Post

Thank you! I was able to find the issue and when this goes live, that issue should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    This isn't really a numbers issue, just a an observation that might be related: I've been getting more hitching this preview. It's still better than live, but worse than Preview 1. The main difference on my end is I was playing a Stormsinger in Preview 1, and an Enlightened Spirit warlock in Preview 2. It really feels like Eldritch Aura is at fault here. Like I'll hit a moment where a bunch of procs off the aura line up. It's intermittent enough that I'm not sure how to test it. The character's name is Aemlas if you'd like to copy him and do some testing of your own.
    Thank you for the feedback on this. I'll take a peek!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CodogCuisinart View Post
    Thank you for the feedback on this. I'll take a peek!
    Want to just chime in and say thank you your posts are a breath of fresh air and give me and frankly our guild as this has been chatted about .......CONFIDENCE ...again ty