Community Member

Default Please fix Undermine's boss: Kaboom the Demolitions Master in U59

Kaboom the Demolitions Master is immune to fire. It cannot be stripped: Tiefling's Ash+Improved Scorch does not remove the immunity. I suspect Kaboom's fire resistance is set to some crazy high value that simply overrides whatever Improved Scorch does to strip immunity.

This same fire-proof issue shows up in The Archon's Trial final boss Rhi'enne the Planetar. In the level 30 version of the quest, Sorcerer Fire Savant Elemental Apotheosis does not strip the fire immunity either. I suspect this will also apply to the Legendary version of Undermine.

These are the only two bosses in the game I'm aware of that behave this way with regards to fire immunity/stripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Danko View Post
    Kaboom the Demolitions Master is immune to fire. It cannot be stripped: Tiefling's Ash+Improved Scorch does not remove the immunity. I suspect Kaboom's fire resistance is set to some crazy high value that simply overrides whatever Improved Scorch does to strip immunity.

This same fire-proof issue shows up in The Archon's Trial final boss Rhi'enne the Planetar. In the level 30 version of the quest, Sorcerer Fire Savant Elemental Apotheosis does not strip the fire immunity either. I suspect this will also apply to the Legendary version of Undermine.

These are the only two bosses in the game I'm aware of that behave this way with regards to fire immunity/stripping.
    I kinda like that there are mobs you can't just faceroll as a tiefling fire sorc. Should be more IMO.

Should, in fact, be mobs like that for every element.

But that's just one really old dude's opinion.

Community Member

Thematically it makes sense that the "Demolitions Master" would have a pretty high degree of resistance or immunity to fire. I am pretty sure that the previous "Demolitions Master" would have loved to have been immune to fire.

Community Member

Personally, I think it doesn't make sense and seems like a bug.

If immunity stripping works on mobs literally made out of fire, then it should work on a Kobold (with a fire proof suit or something) too.