Community Member

Default New to DDO looking for a guild

I am BRAND new to DDO, but I am not new to MMO's or D&D (played when 3rd edition rules were still in effect). I am still working on getting off of Korthos island and am enjoying the game so far. I am playing what I plan on becoming a warforged wizard (18)/rogue (2). I am looking for a guild that does some dungeons together and has fun, I don't know much about end game content yet and I have a lot of work to do to get there, but I have done some on other games in the past.

I am hoping to get some advice on how to properly develop my character and some advice from others who have played for awhile.

In game I am Mathalas
    Last edited by NYvike; 04-10-2023 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo

Hi and welcome to DDO.

I was so free to post your thread on 2 DDO discords. I hope someone will contact you in a while.

Maybe have a look here for tips to start on Orien though the server changed after the transfers, most points are still valid:
    https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...ien-as-default

Cheers,
    Titus
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

welcome we have room in platinum dragons and have weekly raid nights for guild members and their friends as well as horse farming runs on fridays for new players who dont have them yet. https://sites.google.com/view/platinumdragons is our website. lots of good guilds out there. for high end game content or r10s I might suggest wildcats, but for grouping together and helping each other and knowledgeable players to help answer questions platinum dragons ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by NYvike View Post
    I am BRAND new to DDO, but I am not new to MMO's or D&D (played when 3rd edition rules were still in effect). I am still working on getting off of Korthos island and am enjoying the game so far. I am playing what I plan on becoming a warforged wizard (18)/rogue (2). I am looking for a guild that does some dungeons together and has fun, I don't know much about end game content yet and I have a lot of work to do to get there, but I have done some on other games in the past.

I am hoping to get some advice on how to properly develop my character and some advice from others who have played for awhile.

In game I am Mathalas

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinne View Post
    welcome we have room in platinum dragons and have weekly raid nights for guild members and their friends as well as horse farming runs on fridays for new players who dont have them yet. https://sites.google.com/view/platinumdragons is our website. lots of good guilds out there. for high end game content or r10s I might suggest wildcats, but for grouping together and helping each other and knowledgeable players to help answer questions platinum dragons ftw.
    Gavinne, id suggest armament of shadows for r10 endgame content rather than wildcats. While we would be happy to have these players, i would suggest something that would work better.
    Chaotic Good but in real life

I'll keep that in mind, brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranjis View Post
    Gavinne, id suggest armament of shadows for r10 endgame content rather than wildcats. While we would be happy to have these players, i would suggest something that would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by NYvike View Post

In game I am Mathalas
    you will find there are some lfm groups on orien that play the way your looking to play but there's also a lot of TR Train players, skip alot of what they see as Junk ( collecting for Crafting and option xp and chests for the favor or minimum xp completions)
    so the best you can do is understand not everyone is D&D aficionado, or is needing Platinum, equipment and xp .
    they have everything they need and join your group and zerg ahead end the game and expect you to keep up with your 15% speed item vs their 30% speed and flight burst boots or wings .
    you are welcome in our guild if you like but I wont guarantee any guild group raid nights or even perfect LFM adventures.
    we are level 200 for buffs and some new players which you can level with if you like.
    maybe even forming your own raid/leveling groups who can help you through a 1st life of trial and error.

I will send you a guild invite under the name Mathalas, it should be in that characters mail if you like join if not toss it out so it doesn't take room in your storages.