Default Hexblade/Pact Blade Warlock Tier 5

Brandishing Pact
    2 AP 1 Rank 5 Second Cooldown.
    Active: Fast Melee Cleave +3(W) +2 Critical Threat Range, +2 Critical Multiplier. Triple Eldritch Blast Damage to Targets With Hexblade Curse.
    Passive: +10 Melee Power, +50 Light Spell Power.

Patron's Avarice
    2 AP 2 Ranks.
    +1/2 Sacred Bonus to Critical Multiplier.

Death Messenger
    1 AP 3 Ranks.
    +1/3/5[W]damage. On activation: For 10 seconds, you gain the ability to Strikethrough regardless of combat style. You also gain +0/100/200 Strikethrough for the duration. (Cooldown: 15 seconds)

Conquer Pact Weapon
    2 AP 1 Rank.
    Your Pact Weapon Qualifies as a Swashbuckling Weapon.
    Your Pact Weapon Qualifies as a Shield for Sacred Defender, and Stalwart Defender Stances.
    Your Pact Weapon Qualifies as a Quarterstaff for the Purpose of Henshin Mystic Enhancements
    Your Pact Weapon Qualifies as a Favored Weapon for the purpose of feats and Enhancements

Enduring Patron
    2 AP 1 Rank.
    Active: Enduring Patron: Ward your target against fatal damage. Hit point damage cannot lower a warded ally's hit point total below -9. When a warded ally is incapacitated, this effect heals the target after a few seconds for 10 to 39 hit points and then fades. (Activation Cost: 30 spell points. Cooldown: 2 minutes)
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Community Member

In terms of power, which T5 do you think comes closest to this proposed tree? Because the answer is pretty obviously all of them added together, though I'd welcome a case for "multiplied together"

As an aside, different enhancement tiers and cores need to be considered against each other - eg, the most-used Swash enhancements are in C3/T3. Putting them all in separate threads feels like unnecessary signal boosting and is unhelpful.

Edit: Having glanced at the other posts, it's not just the T5s that are egregious. Your T1s and T2s look all right though!
    Last edited by Discpsycho; 04-07-2023 at 08:40 PM.

Default More digestible

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    In terms of power, which T5 do you think comes closest to this proposed tree? Because the answer is pretty obviously all of them added together, though I'd welcome a case for "multiplied together"

As an aside, different enhancement tiers and cores need to be considered against each other - eg, the most-used Swash enhancements are in C3/T3. Putting them all in separate threads feels like unnecessary signal boosting and is unhelpful.

Edit: Having glanced at the other posts, it's not just the T5s that are egregious. Your T1s and T2s look all right though!
    I thought It might be easier to take suggestions on each tier. I will edit the suggestions into the tree and note in new post what was submitted for review and the result.

I apologize if it came across differently!

The Cores are pretty meaty and Warlock/Hexblade Specific. The tiers offer a mix of Melee defense and Melee offense. There is one Invocation I added in t4, all true Palock/Hexadin builds have a strong EB that can crit and Smite. I did create the EB Spear attack for a range damage option. It's powerful enough to be relevant, but as Hexblade/Pact Weapon most of the players feat will want to be Combat Style/Defensive Feats/Tactical.

I tried to fill the Tiers with what would be needed for the Archetype to Be successful, Impactful, Customizable, and Multiclassable.
    I took a good helping of Meta (read meta as useful and working) Enhancements that folks Multiclass for. Then I tried to focus the growth into something that can be finished and Complete with Feats and Gear Pure Class.

I also wanted to keep it balanced enough that players could decide to Multiclass to add needed tank/spell casting/dps.

THE WEAKNESSES:

The two glaring flaw that is present- There are no pact granted special abilities. There is no Crowd Control Focus or abilities.

The Hexblade is a sub class for Warlock, since it's introduction it has DEFINED the class to many players, new, veteran, grognard alike.

The Most popular in 5e and the most fun to play with. I wouldn't want to imagine the backlash of a low power, or watered down Version making it to Live Service

I happen to know that MANY table top players keep DDO available. Many prefer the table top and are simply Video Game curious.

However, I know quite a few that like testing the new class Archetypes when they release. These folks talk to their friends and other table top players about Our DDO.
    I would just want them to see that we understand This now Iconic Sub Class.
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 04-08-2023 at 01:30 AM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro