Default Hexblade/Pact Blade Warlock Archetype

Hello Friends,. Introducing the Cores for this Much Desired Play style for the DDO Warlock.

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME.

FEAT: Choose a Pact Weapon. Multiple Selector: Choose a Weapon Proficiency Feat Defining your Pact Weapon.
    Pact Weapon's are Considered Monk Weapons. Proficiency is a Prerequisite.

CORES

Each Core Grants +1 attack and damage with your Pact Weapon

Core1:
    Hexblade's Curse: SLA 12 second Cooldown (reduced by 2.5 seconds for each Core in this tree)
    Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. Choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target.(1d8)
    Any attack roll you make against the cursed target has an expanded critical range +1.
    If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point). These are considered Bonus Hit points, stacks 3 times.

Core2:
    You can use any weapon you summon with your Pact of the Blade feature as a spellcasting focus for your spells.
    Hexblade Curse Detonates on the Target spreading the curse to all targets around it.
    You Use your Charisma Score When Determining Attack and Damage with Weapons

Core3:

Rending Hex
    Spell Like Ability Heighten/Quicken/Enlarge/Maximize/Empower
    In Addition to Detonating and Spreading, Your Hex now Rends Reality and Creates a Rift that explodes on impact, dealing 1d6+3 acid damage per?*caster level. Maximum damage 10d6+30 at?*caster level?*10.
    Affected area is the standard circular AOE area size - the same as?*fireball.

Core4:

Prevaricate Pact
    Your melee attacks now apply your eldritch blast damage. This damage is multiplied on critical hits and uses your Pact Weapon Critical Statistics.

Core5:

Armor of Hexes
    You Gain the following Property:
    If a target cursed by your Hexblade’s Curse hits you with an attack roll, you roll a d6. On a 4 or higher, then attack instead misses you, regardless of its roll.

Core6:

+50 Hit points. +10 PRR/MRR +2 Con +2 Cha. You may add any Imbue Toggle to your melee attacks with you Pact Weapon. (Stacks with Core4)
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 04-12-2023 at 01:33 PM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Edited Core 1

Changes core 1 ;

Core1:
    Hexblade's Curse: SLA 12 second Cooldown (reduced by 2.5 seconds for each Core in this tree)
    Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. Choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target.(1d8)
    Any attack roll you make against the cursed target has an expanded critical range +1.
    If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point). These are considered Bonus Hit points, stacks 3 times.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EdsanDarkbane View Post

FEAT: Choose a Pact Weapon. Multiple Selector: Choose a Weapon Proficiency Feat Defining your Pact Weapon.
    Pact Weapon's are Considered Monk Weapons. Proficiency is a Prerequisite.
    This reduces the flexibility of the archetype since in 5E a Pact of Blade warlock can summon any weapon as their pact weapon at will. Would be nice to be able to make any weapon you wield your pact weapon also (kind of like the two different shadow blade spells) like in 5E but the limitation against sentient weapons would kind of suck for level 20+. And that's the other limitation of this archetype as written here, no sentient weapons since you can't put a sentient weapon in your offhand and I doubt you would want to limit your pact weapon to your off hand (and require you to go with TWF).

Quote Originally Posted by misterski View Post
    This reduces the flexibility of the archetype since in 5E a Pact of Blade warlock can summon any weapon as their pact weapon at will. Would be nice to be able to make any weapon you wield your pact weapon also (kind of like the two different shadow blade spells) like in 5E but the limitation against sentient weapons would kind of suck for level 20+. And that's the other limitation of this archetype as written here, no sentient weapons since you can't put a sentient weapon in your offhand and I doubt you would want to limit your pact weapon to your off hand (and require you to go with TWF).

I was thinking of an "amulet" that equipped as a weapon and could be used to slot filigrees.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Community Member

I was thinking of an "amulet" that equipped as a weapon and could be used to slot filigrees.
    Yeah, don't think the devs will do that just for an archetype. What slot will it equip in and how will that work with THF or even TWF?

Don't get me wrong, I like this idea but it won't really work with the way DDO is designed.

Yeah, don't think the devs will do that just for an archetype. What slot will it equip in and how will that work with THF or even TWF?

Don't get me wrong, I like this idea but it won't really work with the way DDO is designed.

It sounds like a lot of extra attention for just am Archetype. Although it could prove valuable as part of a system overhaul of filigrees.

I'd take other suggestions, a special specific ring after an updated ToD raid?

I posts these to get help on them so definitely open to ideas.

Hexblade as you know is the subclass, and pact of the blade is not exclusive exactly, so smashing them together into one tree, and a couple feats this seems to grab most of the flavor. Barring that ability to pass the pact onto any weapon after a rest. The other edit down, "summon what you want". Seems a lot harder to track with enchantments. Also this doesn't really work in ttg because the feat selection will limit the weapon used....I know you don't "have to" but in practice it does. I figured the tree is universal enough especially with t5 that the flavor still remains.

I am open, and actively looking for ideas to sharpen the blade!
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Community Member

It sounds like a lot of extra attention for just am Archetype. Although it could prove valuable as part of a system overhaul of filigrees.

I'd take other suggestions, a special specific ring after an updated ToD raid?

I posts these to get help on them so definitely open to ideas.

Hexblade as you know is the subclass, and pact of the blade is not exclusive exactly, so smashing them together into one tree, and a couple feats this seems to grab most of the flavor. Barring that ability to pass the pact onto any weapon after a rest. The other edit down, "summon what you want". Seems a lot harder to track with enchantments. Also this doesn't really work in ttg because the feat selection will limit the weapon used....I know you don't "have to" but in practice it does. I figured the tree is universal enough especially with t5 that the flavor still remains.

I am open, and actively looking for ideas to sharpen the blade!
    You know, they don't HAVE to follow the sentient weapon rule for pact of blade. Sentient weapons in DDO are nothing like their PNP counterparts. So for heroic levels I would see the archetype just using their chosen summoned weapon and then in epics making their equipped sentient weapon their pact weapon. The pact buff would make you proficient in that weapon. So less flexibility with the summoned weapon with how you've drawn this up and then much more flexibility in epics with this idea.
    Last edited by misterski; 04-15-2023 at 11:23 AM.

You know, they don't HAVE to follow the sentient weapon rule for pact of blade. Sentient weapons in DDO are nothing like their PNP counterparts. So for heroic levels I would see the archetype just using their chosen summoned weapon and then in epics making their equipped sentient weapon their pact weapon. The pact buff would make you proficient in that weapon. So less flexibility with the summoned weapon with how you've drawn this up and then much more flexibility in epics with this idea.

Thisnis.a.much easier implementation. Thank you!
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Yes. Add Hexblade. Do it.

Universal Tree Idea:

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...vor?highlight=

I can dream...
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!