Community Member

Default Cool Sounding Idea for Preventing One-Shots (balancing idea)

I don't know where this feat should be implemented, if at all. I just thought it was a cool idea that would be fun to see added somewhere. It could easily be used as a game-balancing mechanism or a nice enhancement.

Feat/Enhancement Idea:

{Insert Name}: The next time damage would lower your health below one, it is instead reduced to one. This ability has X charges and regains one charge every Y seconds.

It won't make the players immortal like a 100% uncapped dodge buff, because rapid hits could burn through all charges in less than a second. However, it will give some breathing room wherein a single hit means death.

It isn't the worst idea for balancing melee vs ranged, but it's also not the idea I would go with.

It's not important. I just thought it sounded cool.

Community Member

I think that similarly to the range of player unconsciousness there should be a lower health range. There are plenty of abilities which enhance your capabilities once you reach a certain health level, so maybe that can be explored.

100% would be abused though.

Community Member

The problem with this is one-shot kills shouldn't be prevented.

It already exists in-game as Divine Intervention. Just make a lvl 12 cleric or FvS and go t5 in warpriest tree if you want it. It's a got 2-min cooldown to apply it and it's already a very strong ability with that cooldown. If everyone had it for no costs, it would be brokenly overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody87 View Post
    {Insert Name}: The next time damage would lower your health below one, it is instead reduced to one. This ability has X charges and regains one charge every Y seconds.
    If the goal is just preventing 1-shots on players, just add to Heroic (Or Epic, or Legendary) Durability "When at 100% health, any damage that would take your HP below zero, instead drops your HP to 0 (or 1). This does not prevent non-damage death effects."

I'm not sure DDO needs this, but I am sure there are better ways to prevent OHK than to give a limited death immunity based on charges that operates regardless of current health.

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    If the goal is just preventing 1-shots on players, just add to Heroic (Or Epic, or Legendary) Durability "When at 100% health, any damage that would take your HP below zero, instead drops your HP to 0 (or 1). This does not prevent non-damage death effects."

I'm not sure DDO needs this, but I am sure there are better ways to prevent OHK than to give a limited death immunity based on charges that operates regardless of current health.
    Everyone would go full on glass cannon and healers would get them back to 100% between each swing...