Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R11 suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Stradivarius View Post
    +Spell Damage goes from 100%(elite) to 4%(R11)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    No.
    yes

Bring out all the HC champs, hounds, add new champs, add new reapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    Ok fair enough, but I would want this to be a "loot farm mode" check box rather than r11.

Then also release an r11+ difficulty that welcomes all build types.
    A fair point, thank you.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    End chest drop 1-5 Reaper fragments.
    Not a bad idea, I like it.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

If they add R11+ you should earn rxp, but not benefit from reaper points.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    If they add R11+ you should earn rxp, but not benefit from reaper points.
    The statement doesn't make much sense to me... from my perspective the only point of farming RXP is to gain reaper points.

I would suspect players capable of successful farming of R11 have already maxxed Reaper Point spends and are looking for higher challenge and other upgrade rewards.

Unless they add more trees to spend RP on which at this stage seems pointless as many players have already stacked points well beyond the capped 156 spent...

The increased challenge needs something new to grind for.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

Not a bad idea, I like it.
    This is exactly what I was talking about earlier, re: players asking for a Super Challenge Mode, then asking for the rewards to get tuned up and the difficulty to get tuned down...

1-5 reaper shards guaranteed per completion is an insane inflation of reward rates. Even "guaranteed reaper affix on all named gear" is like a tenfold increase over the current rates, but that's still just a 33% chance for a named Reaper item, which is worth like 1.2 reaper shards or something on average, so that'd just be 0.8 reaper shards per completion. Now you're talking about taking that hypothetical and quadrupling it lol

I am nowhere near speed running, soloing or roflstomping R10 - yet I still would like to make a suggestion for R11 adding a twist rather than just "more than R10" and very definitely not as a way to earn more xp/rxp.
    This result would be power creep extremism, but its presented as moderation. A tad more RXP for more risk and time commitment, 1/10th more RXP basically, would not break the game. Giving the top builds access to guaranteed Mythic+Reaper items is escape-velocity rocket fuel. Come on.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Pardon me.

This isnt permadeath by any means. Compering it to permadeath is outright silly. You just fail the quest - you dont permanently die. There is a huge difference.

Also, please point me to restrictions I have rejected that were not outright silly. Someone wanted to reduce caster damage to near zero, effectively by 82% when you factor in the +50% hp to mob. I fairly assumed that was simply trolling. Someone else simply wanted "no extra rewards" but that does not have anything to do with penalties.

Finally, this isnt 100% rewards.
    a) You dont always get a named drop.
    b) You dont alway get the named drop you actually want.
    c) Just because an item has both +Mythic and +Reaper does not mean you got the combo you wanted. Getting +1 mythic +3 prr/mrr is a long shot from getting +3 mythic +1 DC for example.
    d) Did you notice the "1 looting ransacks" rule? You can only loot the same quest once per week, not 8 times.
    So, you are still looking at many months before you loot the perfect version of the item you want. Thats hardly a 100% reward suggestion. Now do this for 14 slots and multiple characters
    Nope that is 100% rewards doesn’t matter if you don’t always get named loot if you always get reaper and mythic on loot

Players going to farm reaper frags to get the bonus they want on an item with mythic already

You can call suggestions that you rejected silly some may the same of yours

It was compared to permadeath and hardcore because that does kick you from the quest

You can kick yourself from the quest if that’s what you like
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 04-07-2023 at 05:47 PM.

How on earth did this thread get this far without a Spinal Tap reference?

"These go to eleven!"
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

The statement doesn't make much sense to me... from my perspective the only point of farming RXP is to gain reaper points.

I would suspect players capable of successful farming of R11 have already maxxed Reaper Point spends and are looking for higher challenge and other upgrade rewards.

Unless they add more trees to spend RP on which at this stage seems pointless as many players have already stacked points well beyond the capped 156 spent...

The increased challenge needs something new to grind for.
    The strong will only get stronger if there is always an additional gain in power.

At end game it is all about the bragging.

R11 - Up the reapers and strip all the RXP off the players. Add the no death rule FWIW.
    HELTER SKELTER - Orien

IF SSG has been anything, they’ve consistently shown a rather vengeful streak for those who care the most about their game and try to push the limits. - Shadow_Jumper

If you die, you are perma dead for a month, week, whatever. Go work on an alt.

End chest drop 1-5 Reaper fragments.
    This is more reasonable as it requires you accumulating 75 fragments to get anything. If you got Mythic+Reaper items every run you'd farm out your whole gearset in no time with maxxed out bonuses and its like +70 (somethings) in short order.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stradivarius View Post
    lol. I love how casters are finding even the hardest content so easy they are asking for something even harder.

Why can't you Devs understand this? NERF CASTERS PLEASE! I'm on my knees begging you! Thank you.
    So would that be all casters or just nukers? If you think nerfing casters is going to make melee better I got some water under a bridge for sale. I wonder how well melees will take not having any CC? Or is it just nerf the nukers b/c I don't like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout47 View Post
    The strong will only get stronger if there is always an additional gain in power.

At end game it is all about the bragging.

R11 - Up the reapers and strip all the RXP off the players. Add the no death rule FWIW.
    This is a much better idea to return difficultly

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    This is more reasonable as it requires you accumulating 75 fragments to get anything. If you got Mythic+Reaper items every run you'd farm out your whole gearset in no time with maxxed out bonuses and its like +70 (somethings) in short order.
    This is still exponentially faster than farming out reaper frags currently bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    This is still exponentially faster than farming out reaper frags currently bad idea
    I'd prefer they not put the fix for the current reaper frag design behind an R11 gate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    I'd prefer they not put the fix for the current reaper frag design behind an R11 gate though.
    Exactly

Seriously?

My proposal.

SSG revamps reaper so that R1 stays pretty much same and R10 is around THTH R1 diff when THTH was released.

Quote from U34 release:
    "Warning: Reaper difficulty is meant for players who enjoy a serious challenge. You have been warned!"

As we see, part where challenge is here is missing, even at R10 for some
    (Honestly, R10 should require balanced group that steamrolls LE raids undermanned, where everyone knows what they're doing, not random zerg pugs)

Community Member

I would like R11 rather than just "more than R10" done definitely, not more xp/rxp.

R11 would be R10 with the following changes:
    - All regular mobs spawn as champs.
    - Double the chance for reapers.
    - All mobs have 50% more HP.
    All good suggestions.

- If anyone in the group dies the quest insta-fails and everyone gets ported out. This is the important twist.
    This is a BIG NO!

- All named loots that drop will have both a mythic bonus AND a reaper bonus. This is obviously the carrot and where SSG might earn some money from rerolls.
    Too good no.

- Loot ransack occurs after looting 1 time to avoid people rerunning the easiest quest over and over for the loot.
    Little no, people rerunning the easiest quest over and over for the loot is part of the game.

I like most of your suggestions and I would like to add new Reapers to your plan along with R11, R12-15.

Reapers that target All Builds Specifically.

1.Heavy Armor Reaper takes 70% less damage from melee.
    Attack's in melee range.
    Has normal movement speed.
    On hit reduces PRR, AC and dodge by TBD% per hit, for TBD seconds.
    At 30% health go's into defensive shell mode like gargoyle.

2.Avoidance Reaper Takes 80% less damage from projectiles.
    Attacks from distance.
    Has Fast movement speed.
    On hit slows movement speed by 75%.
    Cant travel through walls or perch.

3.MMR Reaper takes 90% less damage from all spells cant be cced, charmed, or fingered.
    Attacks from distance.
    Has Fast movement speed.
    On hit Drains MANA by TBD%
    Cant travel through walls or perch.
    Last edited by Zites; 04-08-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast