Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R11 suggestion

Default R11 suggestion

I am nowhere near speed running, soloing or roflstomping R10 - yet I still would like to make a suggestion for R11 adding a twist rather than just "more than R10" and very definitely not as a way to earn more xp/rxp.

R11 would be R10 with the following changes:
    - All regular mobs spawn as champs.
    - Double the chance for reapers.
    - All mobs have 50% more HP.
    - If anyone in the group dies the quest insta-fails and everyone gets ported out. This is the important twist.
    - All named loots that drop will have both a mythic bonus AND a reaper bonus. This is obviously the carrot and where SSG might earn some money from rerolls.
    - Loot ransack occurs after looting 1 time to avoid people rerunning the easiest quest over and over for the loot.

Run for bragging rights AND a better chance at the best loot but not for xp.

I know I would love to run this for the less zergy play. I hope it might even slightly challenge the very top players that currently speed run R10 low man with little effort.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I am nowhere near speed running, soloing or roflstomping R10 - yet I still would like to make a suggestion for R11 adding a twist rather than just "more than R10" and very definitely not as a way to earn more xp/rxp.

- If anyone in the group dies the quest insta-fails and everyone gets ported out. This is the important twist.
    - All named loots that drop will have both a mythic bonus AND a reaper bonus. This is obviously the carrot and where SSG might earn some money from rerolls.
    - Loot ransack occurs after looting 1 time to avoid people rerunning the easiest quest over and over for the loot.

Run for bragging rights AND a better chance at the best loot but not for xp.

I know I would love to run this for the less zergy play. I hope it might even slightly challenge the very top players that currently speed run R10 low man with little effort.
    Love the idea! Maybe call it 'Death Reaper' or something. Two things:

+Spell Damage goes from 100%(elite) to 4%(R11)

+'spell fizzle' a flat 10% chance for your spell to not fire off and any attack that hits you automatically spell fizzles anything you're about to cast over the next 5 secs. (old school D&D rules).
    Last edited by Stradivarius; 04-07-2023 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stradivarius View Post
    Also, Spell Damage goes from 100%(elite) to 4%(R11).
    No.

Community Member

All named loots that drop will have both a mythic bonus AND a reaper bonus.
    I think this carrot is far too tasty.

No.
    lol. I love how casters are finding even the hardest content so easy they are asking for something even harder.

Why can't you Devs understand this? NERF CASTERS PLEASE! I'm on my knees begging you! Thank you.

Love the idea! Maybe call it 'Death Reaper' or something.
    Then R1 should be called "Mild Annoyance Reaper", and R10 "Not So Much of a Death As It Was Back In The Days Reaper"

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

lol. I love how casters are finding even the hardest content so easy they are asking for something even harder.

Why can't you Devs understand this? NERF CASTERS PLEASE! I'm on my knees begging you! Thank you.
    I think we're starting to see that with what is on Lam.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Community Member

Its the important part of the suggestion but also the dealbreaker

It'd be too easy to turn this into a grief mechanic...wait till the end then zerg off somewhere and throw yourself into a trap, boom everyone gets booted

Also even if its not deliberately griefed, its a formula for acrimony - people accusing others of not being good enough, screwing up somehow and wasting everyone's time and effort, blackballs flying everywhere, cant find a healer because no one wants to take the blame, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    True

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Its the important part of the suggestion but also the dealbreaker

It'd be too easy to turn this into a grief mechanic...wait till the end then zerg off somewhere and throw yourself into a trap, boom everyone gets booted

Also even if its not deliberately griefed, its a formula for acrimony - people accusing others of not being good enough, screwing up somehow and wasting everyone's time and effort, blackballs flying everywhere, cant find a healer because no one wants to take the blame, etc.
    Although I personally would like this proposed mechanic, I can also see it being very frustrating to many people, and it would obviously bring back extremely selective grouping (and no pugs ever).

I think standard raid rules would be good enough (ie. no cakes, longer death timers)
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    Although I personally would like this proposed mechanic, I can also see it being very frustrating to many people, and it would obviously bring back extremely selective grouping (and no pugs ever).

I think standard raid rules would be good enough (ie. no cakes, longer death timers)
    The point of the proposal was to make a very tasty carrot but with the strong special mechanic.

I think that is exactly what R11 needs - not just the regular watered down rules. Without very special mechanics it will just be another level rather than something special - and then there isnt really a need to bother implementing it.

As for only running R11s with people you trust and know. I see nothing wrong with that. Not everything in the game needs to be pug friendly - though it is good that most is.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 04-07-2023 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    It is indeed the point to make a tasty carrot - but to couple it with a much more difficult setting, in particular the "fail on any death" mechanic.

You obviously cant have one without the other - and if you have neither it would just be "a little more than regular R10" and there would not really be a reason to bother making it.

We dont need more of the same - we need something that is different

Community Member

Yes! This is nasty and I love it. Super hard for the people who want super hard.

No. Running really hard content because it's fun and challenging is awesome. Effectively the best loot exclusively behind that wall is not awesome.

Community Member

The point of the proposal was to make a very tasty carrot but with the strong special mechanic.
    Historically, SSG doesnt have a good track record of maintaining that balance...

Reaper was supposed to be this in the first place. But they have a low testicular fortitude save vs. complaining players, and watered down the mechanics while tuning up the rewards, until it became trivial and people (like here) are asking for more challenge, but also more reward - but that's just power creep, and ultimately just cycles you back to the same point

If you're calling for this in R11, you should just support the Reaper nerfs on Lama so we can see it happen in R10

I think that is exactly what R11 needs - not just the regular watered down rules. Without very special mechanics it will just be another level rather than something special - and then there isnt really a need to bother implementing it.

As for only running R11s with people you trust and know. I see nothing wrong with that. Not everything in the game needs to be pug friendly - though it is good that most is.
    Right, I would like to see something this...

I just foresee issues... and not just selective grouping, but also selective hyper-specific hardcore style meta builds to cheese the "difficulty" and then it just becomes another loot run. Get ready for the forums to erupt into "my build is useless now" and "nerf this" posts with such a narrow meta for this new endgame.
    Thelanis

Balance goes completely out of the window here

dieing is part of the game you want permadeath you can already get that both on live & on hardcore

It’s weird that you want all theres restrictions but not the limitations other players have suggested

Putting 100% rewards is terrible it completely invalidate lower difficulty for getting gear & will insure that players who build for this setting will have the most power available

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    Right, I would like to see something this...

I just foresee issues... and not just selective grouping, but also selective hyper-specific hardcore style meta builds to cheese the "difficulty" and then it just becomes another loot run. Get ready for the forums to erupt into "my build is useless now" and "nerf this" posts with such a narrow meta for this new endgame.
    I fully expect players to build for something like this. Spending time and money on builds that are strong for this but not for regular play means time taken away from earning more rxp / past lives (for those that are not maxed). So, its not really a free lunch for most players - and thats the point, to give something other than zerging rxp to build for (without looking at raids).

So, I would consider this a positive and would certainly enjoy it as another way to play DDO with friends..

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Balance goes completely out of the window here

dieing is part of the game you want permadeath you can already get that both on live & on hardcore

It’s weird that you want all theres restrictions but not the limitations other players have suggested

Putting 100% rewards is terrible it completely invalidate lower difficulty for getting gear & will insure that players who build for this setting will have the most power available
    Pardon me.

This isnt permadeath by any means. Compering it to permadeath is outright silly. You just fail the quest - you dont permanently die. There is a huge difference.

Also, please point me to restrictions I have rejected that were not outright silly. Someone wanted to reduce caster damage to near zero, effectively by 82% when you factor in the +50% hp to mob. I fairly assumed that was simply trolling. Someone else simply wanted "no extra rewards" but that does not have anything to do with penalties.

Finally, this isnt 100% rewards.
    a) You dont always get a named drop.
    b) You dont alway get the named drop you actually want.
    c) Just because an item has both +Mythic and +Reaper does not mean you got the combo you wanted. Getting +1 mythic +3 prr/mrr is a long shot from getting +3 mythic +1 DC for example.
    d) Did you notice the "1 looting ransacks" rule? You can only loot the same quest once per week, not 8 times.
    So, you are still looking at many months before you loot the perfect version of the item you want. Thats hardly a 100% reward suggestion. Now do this for 14 slots and multiple characters

I fully expect players to build for something like this. Spending time and money on builds that are strong for this but not for regular play means time taken away from earning more rxp / past lives (for those that are not maxed). So, its not really a free lunch for most players - and thats the point, to give something other than zerging rxp to build for (without looking at raids).

So, I would consider this a positive and would certainly enjoy it as another way to play DDO with friends..
    Ok fair enough, but I would want this to be a "loot farm mode" check box rather than r11.

Then also release an r11+ difficulty that welcomes all build types.
    Thelanis

End chest drop 1-5 Reaper fragments.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast