View Poll Results: Should Wildmen Stay or Go?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Save the Wildmen!

31 45.59%
  • Replace the Wildmen!

16 23.53%
  • Who Cares?

21 30.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Save the Wildmen!

The devs have stated their intention to remove all wildmen from DDO, starting with the next update and the quest 'Diplomatic Impunity' (a complete wildmen purge will be completed over time, however). The wildmen in 'Diplomatic Impunity' will be replaced with bullywugs in that quest's jungle setting.

Should wildmen stay or go? Please don't make any political or similar statements regarding this decision, just indicate whether you want wildmen to remain in the game or be permanently removed in eventual, subsequent revisions to content. Thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    The devs have stated their intention to remove all wildmen from DDO, starting with the next update and the quest 'Diplomatic Impunity' (a complete wildmen purge will be completed over time, however). The wildmen in 'Diplomatic Impunity' will be replaced with bullywugs in that quest's jungle setting.

Should wildmen stay or go? Please don't make any political or similar statements regarding this decision, just indicate whether you want wildmen to remain in the game or be permanently removed in eventual, subsequent revisions to content. Thanks.
    Doesn't matter. These types of decisions are not going to backed out of in the current environment.

Its not like its up to SSG anyway. If you think the wildmen are the only thing they're being told to phase out Ive a bridge to sell you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Villefere View Post
    Its not like its up to SSG anyway. If you think the wildmen are the only thing they're being told to phase out Ive a bridge to sell you.
    I read recently that half races are being phase out of D&D in general for....reasons. This is getting to the point of absurdity.

5. 04-05-2023, 11:00 PM

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misterski View Post
    I read recently that half races are being phase out of D&D in general for....reasons. This is getting to the point of absurdity.
    I just looked it up and read the news about it... I am not surprised but absurd still applies.

I am now wondering what other content updates will be taking place.... are there not wildmen in Ravenloft?

Edit: ... does this mean "Vecna Unleashed" is going to consist of recycled dungeons with facelifts..?
    Last edited by thegreatcthulhu; 04-05-2023 at 11:34 PM.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatcthulhu View Post
    I just looked it up and read the news about it... I am not surprised but absurd still applies.

I am now wondering what other content updates will be taking place.... are there not wildmen in Ravenloft?

Edit: ... does this mean "Vecna Unleashed" is going to consist of recycled dungeons with facelifts..?
    the wildmen in ravenloft aren't really wildmen, they're mongrelfolk and I believe were made in the Abbot's experiments.

8. 04-06-2023, 01:41 AM

Community Member

Where can we find this information. This is the first I am hearing about any of this (including the wildmen).

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Where can we find this information. This is the first I am hearing about any of this (including the wildmen).
    Nothing new it’s been coming down the pipeline read the recent players handbooks etc

Many of the changes already been discussed on the forums here

I always thought the Wildmen were in colossal bad taste and they are not part of D&D anyway, so I don't care if they remove them.
    Don't know what this could have to do with politics but the undertones in this thread seem more than silly.

Community Member

It's all a ploy to further devalue Human Bane weapons I tell you

Community Member

Just make every enemy an ooze or slime based. That would make "everyone" happy, right, at least for a few months?

14. 04-06-2023, 07:28 AM

Community Member DoctorOfLiterature's Avatar

The main thing is staff resources: there are many improvements to game I would like to see and often staff resources are a reason they can’t be done. So to waste resources on this seems poor judgement. I don’t know anyone who is offended by the wild men and I know no reason to change them. Focus on making the game easier for new players to get into—make it easier to find and get to groups! Find a way to have a real mega server that works. Not this.

16. 04-06-2023, 08:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorOfLiterature View Post
    The main thing is staff resources: there are many improvements to game I would like to see and often staff resources are a reason they can’t be done. So to waste resources on this seems poor judgement. I don’t know anyone who is offended by the wild men and I know no reason to change them. Focus on making the game easier for new players to get into—make it easier to find and get to groups! Find a way to have a real mega server that works. Not this.
    EXACTLY.

There are other issues that should would be better served than changing wildmen.

This change is a waste of Dev time and effort.

For those asking what a "Wildman" looks like....

Kinda looks like one of my bosses, but much less vicious looking.
    Last edited by Stradivarius; 04-06-2023 at 09:48 AM.

I always wanted to play a wildman bard who used a drum. I love how they jump around.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post

My take: the only thing less useful than changing out the Wildmen: Petitioning SSG to NOT change out the Wildmen.

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Be brave, SSG. Don't do this nonsense.

Cheers,
    Titus
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

23. 04-06-2023, 01:49 PM

24. 04-06-2023, 01:58 PM

Cordovan stated that the change is something they wanted to do, not something for any "appeasement effort". We can only take his word as what it is. Really, even if this was all about the monsters being "problematic", they could have just said that the animation models had issues on the back end that made updating them not worth the effort and that it was easier to replace them with a more updated model. Most people would have said "ok, fair enough" and moved on. Instead, they leave it vague and leaving us to wonder why they would put any effort into this. With the way tabletop gaming has been going lately (orc are "problematic", half-races are "problematic") it leaves too much speculation on the change.
    Member: Circle of Night (Cristyle Sunn, Grygor Sunn, WarChild Sunn)
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

26. 04-06-2023, 02:38 PM

27. 04-06-2023, 04:46 PM

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lotoc View Post
    the wildmen in ravenloft aren't really wildmen, they're mongrelfolk and I believe were made in the Abbot's experiments.
    Ah.

I just thought they were Glasgow Rangers fans...

(jk youz Bears!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast