Community Member

Default I'm new to this server...

What is the best way to experience Lamania?
    Should I start at 1, 4, 7 or 15?
    What class(es) are best?

On the off chance you're serious, that's cute.

It's a test server, so... there's that. And it'll be wiped in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJHS View Post
    What class(es) are best?
    The Lam' server is a "test" server, to put new content/quests/classes/races/items/mechanics/etc etc that DDO is planning to release into the hands of players (who will then see if they can break it). You talk to Sir Pointsalot and he gives you whatever you want - platinum, DDO Points (Lam only), new named items, etc etc.

"Best" is to copy a current favorite character and have fun (option via Log-in screen). OR try out a build (maybe w/ an Iconic, to jump to 15) that you want to test.

Look at the Release Notes to see what is new and what you might be interested in.

Haff fun stomin da practice cassul!
    o/

Did something change? Lamannia has (to my knowledge) never been advertised as a "test" server, it's always been advertised as a "preview" server. It exists for us to preview new content before it's officially released. The only time testing and feedback is desired and taken into consideration is when a dev (usually Lynnabel) specifically asks for it. When it's not asked for, all the feedback and bugs are usually ignored and pushed through anyways, because it's not about testing, it's about previewing.

To answer the OP, whatever is closest to the level of the content being previewed, or use the copy character function specific to Lamannia to make a copy of an already existing character of yours to run through the new content with.

And as said already, Lamannia only lasts a very short while, and everything gets deleted once it closes, so don't get too attached to anything you do here.

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    Did something change? Lamannia has (to my knowledge) never been advertised as a "test" server, it's always been advertised as a "preview" server.
    <shrug> semantics.

I see it as a test-bed for the Devs to see what they Player-base can do with what they have so far. If you/SSG want to call it "preview", same diff afaic.

As far as "testing" a build, that's an undeniable side benefit, if an unintended one.

Did something change? Lamannia has (to my knowledge) never been advertised as a "test" server, it's always been advertised as a "preview" server. It exists for us to preview new content before it's officially released.
    I'm sorry, are we now doing things as intended? Should we stop with the r10 completions, because they weren't intended?
    I use it as a test server. What SSG intends it to be.. who knows. They intended many things, and players did what they wanted.

The only time testing and feedback is desired and taken into consideration is when a dev (usually Lynnabel) specifically asks for it.
    And then largely ignored, yes.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrJHS View Post
    What class(es) are best?
    Besides you can get Gear straight outta Cabinets in the dojo there are NPCs that give you Straight up DDO Points 10,000 every 1 minute(s) aaaand an NPC that straight gives you 20,000,000 XP in one shot to insta level all the way to 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"