Default Great Leveler needs to be actual AoE

Noone takes this skill because of one thing and one thing only: it's too clumsy to aim (read as: impossible). AND if you couple this with ANY lag it's basically a guranteed miss.

Also, due to the nature of dungeon combat (try to line your opponents up neatly for the skill to take full effect) you're wasting time and just using basic attack skills will garner more DPS.

In the end, it essentially is a single target skill if that.

My advice is to just make it a true 360 "around the player" AoE.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stradivarius View Post
    Noone takes this skill because of one thing and one thing only: it's too clumsy to aim (read as: impossible). AND if you couple this with ANY lag it's basically a guranteed miss.

Also, due to the nature of dungeon combat (try to line your opponents up neatly for the skill to take full effect) you're wasting time and just using basic attack skills will garner more DPS.

In the end, it essentially is a single target skill if that.

My advice is to just make it a true 360 "around the player" AoE.
    I'll have to agree with you Strad. I've tried GL enough to dislike it and I NEVER use it with anything involving FOTW. Based on the information I saw in the patch notes and knowing how it behaves now, these changes are NOT going to make it worth a use on lam or on live/prod.

I am inclined to agree that it would also pair better with Primal Scream, Whirlwind, cleaves and all the rest of the melee AOE game if it were centered around the player.

At this point, I don't believe the change to it will be worth the platinum to spend trying it and then saying "nah" and dropping it again.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stradivarius View Post
    Would be pretty fitting with the icon it uses...
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild