Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Lamannia Update 59 Preview 1 Feedback: Loot

Check out the loot in the Test Dojo and let us know your thoughts!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

A quick overview on Loot for this preview:

• The loot is not dropping in the quests yet, and the Legendary recipes are not in the Cauldron yet.
      • We're aiming that for next preview!

• The items ARE in the Test Dojo!
      • Go look at them there.

• There will be crafting, the same methods as the Heroic version of the pack.
      • It's not in this preview, but all the resulting crafted items are on the Dojo guy.

• For this Preview, the items are mostly a 1:1 translation of the Heroic versions to have Legendary stats.
      • There's a few new effects, but they're mostly upgraded versions of older effects. A few Heroic effects did stick around, but a lot of those are things that are equally as useful regardless of level.
      • This could change in future previews! We don't have a massive amount of time, but ideas for item tweaks can definitely be accommodated.

• There are likely some bugs!
      • In total honesty, I lost some days right before the preview build to being sick. Let us know if something seems missing, has Heroic values, or just looks wrong.

• Things probably don't fit into the meta yet!
      • Like we said, this preview has 1:1 translations. Which means it probably isn't fitting around other gear at level yet. We'd love to know what could change on these items to fit a little better!

Overall, we're definitely looking for feedback and already know these items aren't perfect yet. We aren't likely to add many (if any) brand-new items, but are definitely open to adjusting what's here. And as usual with feedback, please remember saying "these items are trash" will almost never result in meaningful change, but giving clear descriptions of what you specifically don't like, and clear thoughts on what you would specifically like to see instead is way more likely to result in real feedback adjustments.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Steelstar; 04-04-2023 at 01:42 PM.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

So, the very first thing I noticed is that the Legendary Weapons have a 1.5W instead of the 5W of every other legendary weapon.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    So, the very first thing I noticed is that the Legendary Weapons have a 1.5W instead of the 5W of every other legendary weapon.
    HEH. Thank you. On it.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

And would be nice to accept sentience
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Heavy picks are not often used, can Rocksplitter get Overwhelming Shockwave added to it to make it a bit more appealing?
    $GME YOLO

Community Member

Leg Scepter of the Ogre Magi could have something better than a CL9 Cone of Cold clicky Maybe 3 BoGW clickies at caster level 100 (thus giving it a relevant DC?)

I wasnt expecting a huge Vampirism number, so 3d2 is...meh, what I was thinking...but 30 temp HP on Vorpal is simply not appropriate for a L31 weapon. It should be 150 temp HP, and on crit. That would actually give those weapons an endgame-relevant feature

Leg Trial by Fire has an anomalous ML9, AML31, and also only has 30 Fire spellpower and 1 Vitality
    Last edited by droid327; 04-04-2023 at 03:00 PM.

EDIT: I'm just going to do bug reports for this post. I have more thought for making the gear desirable.

Legendary Shield of Reflection: SHield Bonus and DR is too small of a number,

Legendary Bruitish Cuirass: The Armor bonus, Enhancement bonus, and Max Dex Bonus isn't correct for a level 31 heavy armor. And, I wish the special material bonuses were tiered somehow. Like Legendary Adamantine should be 30 DR/Adamantine.

Legendary Crimson Chain: The Armor bonus, Enhancement bonus, and Max Dex Bonus isn't correct for a level 31 mithril light armor.

Legendary Gorgon Armor: The Armor bonus, Enhancement bonus, and Max Dex Bonus isn't correct for a level 31 heavy armor.

Legendary Snakeskin Vest: The Armor bonus, Enhancement bonus, and Max Dex Bonus isn't correct for a level 31 Epic nimbleness light armor. Also, no Legendary Nimbleness yet?
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 04-04-2023 at 07:09 PM.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

I would give in depth feedback, but it's the same equipment that nobody uses in heroic, just scaled up to lvl 31.

It's bad, still bad. The 2 sets are bad.

I don't understand how little changes there are. Nothing is going to be used, except maybe some capped ftp players with no expacs?
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    I would give in depth feedback, but it's the same equipment that nobody uses in heroic, just scaled up to lvl 31.

It's bad, still bad. The 2 sets are bad.

I don't understand how little changes there are. Nothing is going to be used, except maybe some capped ftp players with no expacs?
    Ah, in response let me point you to the relevant points of the post located just above:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    A quick overview on Loot for this preview:
    • For this Preview, the items are mostly a 1:1 translation of the Heroic versions to have Legendary stats.
      • There's a few new effects, but they're mostly upgraded versions of older effects. A few Heroic effects did stick around, but a lot of those are things that are equally as useful regardless of level.
      • This could change in future previews! We don't have a massive amount of time, but ideas for item tweaks can definitely be accommodated.

• Things probably don't fit into the meta yet!
      • Like we said, this preview has 1:1 translations. Which means it probably isn't fitting around other gear at level yet. We'd love to know what could change on these items to fit a little better!

Overall, we're definitely looking for feedback and already know these items aren't perfect yet. We aren't likely to add many (if any) brand-new items, but are definitely open to adjusting what's here. And as usual with feedback, please remember saying "these items are trash" will almost never result in meaningful change, but giving clear descriptions of what you specifically don't like, and clear thoughts on what you would specifically like to see instead is way more likely to result in real feedback adjustments.

Thanks!

Many of the Legendary armors (and the shield) have +5 Enhancement bonuses. They should be +15.

There is also an item (think it's the runearm) that says Vitality +1 and it gives +1 to hit points. I'm guessing this should be MUCH higher, like +45-48 HP?

Battlecat looks very cool, btw.

Also, why name the wererat hireling "Darling"?
    Last edited by Arkat; 04-04-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

The important feedback here is that none of these items will be used by regular players aside from the 3 set items without changes. If you want them to be anything other than sentient food, they will need significant adjustment. Some suggestions:

1. Add at least one more set bonus option across the armor, weapons, and accessories.
    2. The hardest thing for me to slot is an artifact bonus to spell DCs, so if you can work that in (even if it's just +2), it would be a huge boon to item tetris for casters.
    3. The Night Hag's Heartstone obtained at the end of the chain is easily the worst item in this lot. This should be completely rebuilt with all-new effects, ideally catering to casters since very few of these items are.
    4. Please, no more legendary items with Speed or Proof Against Poison/Proof Against Disease. Replacing these with any other bonus would be an improvement.
    5. In general, the effects need more oomph to feel "legendary". Medusa Fury, Vampirism, Improved Destruction, Wounding, Feeding 30, etc. are all heroic effects (not even epic).

Community Member

When I look at the items I see a bunch of https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Tunnel...mpion%27s_Belt
    Most of them don't have *any* stats (I mentally skip anything that can be slotted).

Community Member

the upgraded sora kell set does look promising to be honest, I would like to see +3 artifact imbue dice added to it either on the first set bonus or the upgraded one, it seems like a somewhat hybrid set catering mostly toward melee divines and at the moment sets which grant imbue dice are kind of lacking in options.

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

- Add a red slot to all the weapons.
    - Add Legendary Wrath of Sora Kell set bonus to all the armors.
    - Legendary Wrath of Sora Kell +hit/dmg is the same value as the heroic set, it should be much higher.

Community Member

The legendary wand of blasting is ML 10 and only gives 36 potency. The description says that it does a random elemental spell, but I'm getting acid damage every time I cast it. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I'm a 20 wizard with a bunch of points in draconic incarnation, and I'm using the acid line in that tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotoc View Post
    the upgraded sora kell set does look promising to be honest,
    Indeed. I just gave it a second look, and it really does look promising!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Default no legendary stonedust wraps??

Hey devs,

I see the other items out of eyes of stone, but why no legendary stone dust handwraps? Also, no crafted handwraps. Monks are not just stick builds ya know

Can we get those added?

Thanks
    Nico
    Khyber: Main Nicodemous Alt: Ichuck

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    Hey devs,

I see the other items out of eyes of stone, but why no legendary stone dust handwraps? Also, no crafted handwraps. Monks are not just stick builds ya know

Can we get those added?

Thanks
    Nico
    Ah! These exist but may have missed making it onto the vendor. They'll be around in Preview 2.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Ah! These exist but may have missed making it onto the vendor. They'll be around in Preview 2.
    thanks Steelstar!
    Khyber: Main Nicodemous Alt: Ichuck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast