Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skyael View Post
    Not a fan of the caster damage changes. Why are casters singled out like that? It would be nice to know the reasoning behind the change.

Also, casters were already a bad pick as DPS in high reaper raids, now they're even worse.
    It's the easiest fix to the real problem which is aoe damage. There is much angst among some melee players about kill count in quests and this should help level the playing field.

It's possible that ruin and greater ruin aren't impacted by this as it's untyped damage rather than normal magical damage, although not sure how to test it since the math isn't in the combat log.

The better way to fix it would be to scale down aoe spells a bit while leaving untouched (or even boosting a bit) single-target spells. This is just a far easier way to address the issue.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Will chain 2 be updated by the final version of U59?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Talnar00 View Post
    Any update on the audio crash bug to dinosaur noises?
    I know that work has been done to correct this issue, which is related to a Bluetooth driver issue. I am not sure if it is in this build or not.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Caster damage nerf instead of buffing melee, why? Also ,50% damage decrease for casters R10? That's way too much. Would all "magic/elemental" damage be affected? Edritch blast for example, is already doing too little damage.

Instead of nerfing caster damage, why don't you instead of fix the problem with melee? They are too squishy in higher reaper, require constant healing or perfect crowd control (can't CC most bosses) and don't deal enough damage for being in the brunt of battle and getting hit more.

Quote Originally Posted by lynxkitten13 View Post
    There's especially a desperate need for set gear in the 21-28 level range. It's a long, long slog before we can use the current level 29 sets, from heroic Ravenloft or Sharn sets.
    I hadn't even considered the gear aspect. More level 31 gear? This must only be for people who don't want to buy one of the expansions 'cause I don't see how it will compete...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I know that work has been done to correct this issue, which is related to a Bluetooth driver issue. I am not sure if it is in this build or not.
    Thank you for the update on the work towards the audio crash issue. Happy that the cause was narrowed down.

[*]Adjustments to reduced damage have been made in Reaper difficulty for spellcasters in general on Skull 7+:
    • Skull 7: From 25% damage to 23%
    • Skull 8: From 20% damage to 18%
    • Skull 9: From 18% damage to 15%
    • Skull 10: From 15% damage to 10%
    The rest isnt too bad but the R10 reduction is a 1/3 reduction in damage which is major.

For a few OP caster builds that might be right but for most thats way over the top.

Nerfing the top is wise though. We dont need more buffs overall thats for sure.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 04-04-2023 at 03:16 PM.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    The rest isnt too bad but the R10 reduction is a 1/3 reduction in damage which is major.

For a few OP caster builds that might be right but for most thats way over the top.
    Yes it's way too much and a proxy nerf for specs that were already underperforming in damage (wizard against bosses and immune to insta kill, warlock, cleric / fvs against fire immunes, caster arti etc.)

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    Why replace the wild men? Just curious
    Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    I'm wondering the same. SSG?

I'm curious as to why they were replaced. I'd prefer the Wildmen stay personally. I like Bullywugs a lot but we have have had them as a part of the most recent 2 expansions so I'd rather the original Droaam chain quest mobs be there. If it's due to performance, scaling or other technical issue I'd understand but if it's just an artistic choice I'd rather them leave the original monsters be.

It's cheaper to make animals vs humanoid forms. Plain and simple, it's a money thing.

Bug Fixes
    • Energy Vortex Poison and Negative now both have their correct tooltips within the spell.
    Thank you for correcting the tooltip. Could you fix the spell so it actually does anything?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Wizbang View Post
    It's cheaper to make animals vs humanoid forms. Plain and simple, it's a money thing.
    The wildmen are already in the quest tho. That makes no sense.

Community Member

Exclamation Bug

The universal tree action point tome got lost after I tr'ed on the Lamannia server

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MathisMagic View Post
    The wildmen are already in the quest tho. That makes no sense.

It makes a lot less sense to change them. PERIOD

Angry

I agree that melee should have a buff rather than slapping all casters with the nerf bat yet again. Not necessarily a massive power buff but at least a survivability one.

-1/3 damage to all casters is just ridiculous and smacks of "I can't be bothered doing this fairly, I'll just nerf them all". Nerfing the OP AoE spells would have been a much fairer way to do it, if it really had to be a nerf. I mean warlocks, for example, are way behind as it is and they have to go so high in two class trees just to get decent DPS, meaning they can't go Falconry like most other casters, not to mention having to take two extra feats for their DPS but hey, let's just nerf all casters, they're all the same right?

It's a miracle this post isn't full of symbols where swear words should be, I get more and more angry at the way this game is going every time I read SSG's posts.

Community Member

SSG never ceases to amaze how little they care about end game players. Casters are better for going through r10 quests, other dps are better for going through high skull raids (that seems pretty balanced to me...?)

now its going to be dps casters are not better for anything. why are you guys literally braindead to how your game works? just stop nerfing people lol...whats the point? because 2% of the population is crying? they can not run with nukers if they dont like them. why does 98% of the population have to pay for what 2% people dont like? i just spent 150 reaper fragments, and over $1500 to catch my toon up after coming back from a break, and now im getting nerfed? very appealing to keep playing this game and spending time/money on it. *slow clap*
    Last edited by saitus11; 04-04-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Community Member

Default Razorclaw wraps animation speed

Dear Developers.

Since you fixing stuff.
    Razroclaw Handwraps animation, 1 Attack button click and holding: looks like this. About 50 attacks per Haste + Haste boost.
    Razroclaw Handwraps animation, 2-3 fast Attack button clicks and holding: looks like this. About 62 attacks per Haste + Haste boost.

MAJOR GAME BREAKING BUG!
    Needs to be fixed immideately.
    Thanks.

Unpopular opinion but I like the bullywug change. The only place I've liked having wildmen is Restless Isles where we save them from the ogres and Illithid slave-masters. Also the graphics for wildmen are just lame. I'm not sure but they've always looked like wights reskinned in monkey-suits to me, cheap ones from Spirit Halloween.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

So the heroic wererat hireling is lvl 18, so they are still going with lvl 18 heroic content for the expansion.

Why?

18 means elite is 20, and you cant do reaper at 20 in heroic quests. There isnt enough xp needed after Sharn for an entire Xpac. You'll be capped before you are done the entire expansion, so you have to run it without taking 20 for minimal rewards.

Please rethink the level, even if just dropping it to 17. Or be bold, and make it not heroic but mid epic/leg. There is no need for a lvl 18 Xpac
    Last edited by Cernunan; 04-04-2023 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Uhm I'm glad Fury is getting some adjustments but are you guys aware that 1) Laughter, 2) Mutilate, 3) Festering Wound, and 4) Dismember from Barbarian RAVAGER do NOTHING?

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...ncement-broken
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

As for the everything else, its more reaper XP quests for 31 I guess? Grind quests for the cap increase? Loot is bad, quests are the quests.

The hireling looks cool.

The armored cat mount is probably the highlight . It looks great
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    For SSG to remove wildmen because of some optics is missing the forest for the trees.
    Well, it's not the main purpose of the patch, is it... More of a "while we're here, might as well..."
    Orien - Gorrue - Life #35 - WF Caster Arti
    Heroic Completionist

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast