Community Member

Default Returning Player, Wanting Warforged Advice/Build Ideas

Hi. So, I'm a returning player trying to get back into the game.

Quite frankly, I just love playing robot/construct/golem characters. I don't know why. They are fun. Give me that.

In any case, it's been a long time and I'm kinda staring at half the changes while wanting advice from hopefully helpful types.

I have Bladeforged unlocked as well as Warforged. And I want to build one that is either punching stuff, shooting it with various blasts, and/or swinging something really big at it as an option.

Usually I solo play, but I'm open to teaming up when I can catch a group and have the focus and time.

So what's some options/ideas that have come up recently? I know of the Sacred Fist archetype, for example, and apparently did something with a Fighter/Monk Kensai bit that I'm unsure on now. My entire thing is usually theme/ideas/look over meta crazy powered gameplay here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukendo View Post

Quite frankly, I just love playing robot/construct/golem characters. I don't know why. They are fun. Give me that.

In any case, it's been a long time and I'm kinda staring at half the changes while wanting advice from hopefully helpful types.

I have Bladeforged unlocked as well as Warforged. And I want to build one that is either punching stuff, shooting it with various blasts, and/or swinging something really big at it as an option.

Usually I solo play, but I'm open to teaming up when I can catch a group and have the focus and time.

So what's some options/ideas that have come up recently? I know of the Sacred Fist archetype, for example, and apparently did something with a Fighter/Monk Kensai bit that I'm unsure on now. My entire thing is usually theme/ideas/look over meta crazy powered gameplay here.
    Warforged artificer is a perfect solo option with pew pew and boom boom or even grab a dwarven axe and melee stuff occasionally. Doggie is helpful if you want it to be and so are robot hirelings like anthem or blast <3 Bonus points if you turn your puppy into a repair machine
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Warforged artificer is a perfect solo option with pew pew and boom boom or even grab a dwarven axe and melee stuff occasionally. Doggie is helpful if you want it to be and so are robot hirelings like anthem or blast <3 Bonus points if you turn your puppy into a repair machine
    I like it. I think I remember a different build with the Maverick Hunter bit somewhere. I'll go find it and give it a whirl.

Anyone got a list of Rune Arms by level to try to get?

Wiki is your friend!
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

Hey, if you're still looking for ideas here's a first-life Artificer I played during a recent Hardcore league. (18 Arti + 2 Monk). You can of course go lawful neutral rather than good if you choose.

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...cer-Adventurer

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

And I want to build one that is either punching stuff, shooting it with various blasts, and/or swinging something really big at it as an option.
    Any Shintao or Scaled Fist build could be converted to Warforged or Bladeforged instead. [So can any Henshin build.] Although a BF Scaled Fist has to use a Heart of Wood to convert base paladin to SF archetype.

Warforged Artificer works well as either caster, ranged, or SWF melee.

Eldritch Knight is a lot stronger than it used to be. Pure wizard is my preference, but sorc EK also works well.

Bladeforged's Reconstruct SLA make them suitable for pretty much any melee build, like pure paladin, pure fighter, or (if you're cheap like me) fighter 18 / paladin 2.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I like it. I think I remember a different build with the Maverick Hunter bit somewhere. I'll go find it and give it a whirl.

There is a good list in that same article: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5882447

Also https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6170644

Re builds, nothing special about WF, except to take the Docent feat(s) and decide if you're going true Robot (Repair/Reconstruct) or semi-fleshie (Cure/Heal)...
    o 3 basic Arti builds: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6127671
    o WF max HP(?) https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...=1#post6566730