Red face How my main escaped from Eberron (creating an Avatar for Vrchat/Vtuber)

3-4 weeks I showed here my project that I did on blender, it was quite successful and many were impressed, at that time I was working on another project (yes again) because I was so happy with the result obtained with Averline that I decided to create from 0 on blender also my main Avatar who is also my main character in DDO and in D&D in general (and not only), one of the negative sides of DDO and that due to the reincarnation... the characters lose one's identity... yes it's true for you maybe I will always be that 1st level human firstlifer etc... but for others maybe once you will be a random Theafling who shoots fireballs... a half-orc who swings throw an ax and plow everything he finds or an elf who shoots arrows... so in my opinion you lose a little that sense of "unique character" in the "visual" sense that exists in many mmo... that's why I had to recreate my mai from scratch because I had to somehow give it that personality and lore that distinguishes it in the D&D universe, with a little effort (and a few breaks) I managed to create my avatar on blender:

Yes this is him in his true form, a level 30 high elf (moon elf) ranger, the armor he wears and the Hardened Hide "Harmor from Good Intentions" here the link forthe DDOwiky if ani is interessed were find dis very nice pice of armor:

Ever since that quest came out I was absolutely in love with that The armor had a unique look that immediately grabbed me, I absolutely had to get that armor, when I got it (if I don't remember with my Warlock Dixxylius) the glamering immediately the armor piece, in my version I changed maybe some details or 2... especially in the under armor part... normally in hardened hide armor there is nothing special under the armor this is because what the player sees underneath doesn't matter that much so nothing has been done special as seen below in this image... this is how the armor actually looks from underneath:

As you can see there is nothing but... instead I imagined that underneath there was a dress... and being an elf... I imagined it was a dress embroidered with very elven silver ornaments, I made a mix between various concept-art and another outfit that I use on LOTRO but I'm still happy with the result, here I show the images of my version:
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Cool Casual Elven Outfit

This and how you see the full avatar (without armor of course):

Here however are the details of the armor at every angle:

In general I tried to put as many details as possible in the armor... and as for Averline I tried to get as close as possible to its counterpart in the game... yes some details are slightly different, the cape for example I made a mix between the simple green cloak that I use on DDO and the cloak of Legolas from LOTRO in fact note the embroideries behind the armor that I tried to make them similar to the cloak of lotro:

This is the original item I based it off of and it's the same cloak I use in LOTRO as well:

While this is my personal version of the outfit:

You may be thinking that this model will have a lot of materials inside (the materials are the set of textures and shaders in which the avatar is made), absolutely not as for Averline my Avatar has only 4 materials, Body-Head, Dress, hair and eyes, all perfectly fitted in:

amazing right? I hope in any case you liked this creation of mine and I hope that in the future I will create other characters like this one.
    Last edited by Fenix93; 04-02-2023 at 03:05 AM.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"