Community Member

Default Such a shame the game is shutting down

I don’t know what I will do with my time now and all the online friends I have. Can we find another game to play together?

The developers talked about the can’t fix the lag and it is too old code for the game to run properly.

But don’t take my word for it see this video of serverlin talking about how the game is shutting down.

Game is shutting down

EDIT: Wow this joke backfired. If anybody reads this and think its true it was just me trying to be funny. I see now that i was not. Sorry about the confusion i might have made. It's aprils fools day so i thought it would be ok.
    Last edited by Ultinoob; 04-01-2023 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    I don’t know what I will do with my time now and all the online friends I have. Can we find another game to play together?

The developers talked about the can’t fix the lag and it is too old code for the game to run properly.

But don’t take my word for it see this video of serverlin talking about how the game is shutting down.

Game is shutting down
    Omg can't believe it, that video was a long time coming though! 17 years down the drain, bye guys!

Community Member LokiFrost20882's Avatar

Game is shutting down
    I just clicked the link and my antivirus triggered.
    * L O K I L E R O Y *
    Itybity * Eviloutsider * Lokkifrost * Lokibane * Lokidokey * Lokisong * Froststorm * Murderhobo

Community Member

Remember it is April Fool's Day, so be prepared for otherwise honest people to think it is amusing to lie and mislead people. Never trust a thread saying something out of the ordinary that is dated April First.

Community Member

erethizon

Remember it is April Fool's Day, so be prepared for otherwise honest people to think it is amusing to lie and mislead people. Never trust a thread saying something out of the ordinary that is dated April First.

+1 well done. Rep sent.
    I am thirsty in the desert with an empty cup.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Also we have plenty of players from other parts of the world where April First is just a day so it's easy for them to remember the foolishness.

That being said, I read the title, forgetting it was the first, and immediately the voice in my head was like "yeah right I wonder what this will be" .. saw that it had a link without even reading it and figured it's a rick-roll (no I am not clicking that link)

As far as an April Fools though this one isn't particularly well done, I'd give it a 3/10.
    “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”

this belongs here...probably what the link no one is clicking is about, just a guess

storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Game is shutting down

EDIT: Wow this joke backfired. If anybody reads this and think its true it was just me trying to be funny. I see now that i was not. Sorry about the confusion i might have made. It's aprils fools day so i thought it would be ok.
    I understand it was a joke; I am thinking it was probably because of the timing and lack of build up to the punchline (the video). Regardless, happy belated April 1rst.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

You could have linked us to an actual good song...
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Community Member

Game is shutting down

I am sincerely disappointed that I clicked on that link and it WASN'T Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up".
    If I can read the dev tracker, you can too.