Default Play Post DDO EXPANDED

Hello! This is an exciting opportunity for DDO players who have access to the forums, but are unable to play the game due to the evils of work and such and so forth...Hahaha.

How do you play? Well...

You are free to make any character you like with no restrictions, alignment or class. Everyone starts at lvl 3 and may take up to 3 classes or class variants.

If there is a specific feat or detail that you want validated include an explanation in your message.

You are not limited to the race/class in DDO.

Message me the details of your character.

You should know that evil alignment characters will struggle, but you are welcome to exercise your imagination any way you see fit. After all there is room for one.

The next post will set the opening scene. Your part is simply to tell as much or as little as you like about what your character does in that scene.

I will manage the play for pacing. I will give everyone an hour to play on each post and then move forward. You are free to describe your actions as successful or assume they are completed successfully. If there is an associated roll I will roll and adjust as necessary.

This will be a lot of fun. We are going to play Saltmarsh ( not Keep on the Borderlands) as it mostly appears in DDO. SALTMARSH WILL BE LOCATED IN THE LHAZAAR PRINCIPALITIES, IN THE EBERRON CAMPAIGN SETTING.

Let the curtain close. Bring the lights low. The journey begins...
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 03-31-2023 at 11:51 AM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default The Setup.

Captain Thail appeared to be the embodiment of calm despite the waves, wind and rain, the sea was cauldron of roiling night black rage. His right hand casually held the helm. From this distance you can just make out Thail's smirk. It seems like such a natural fit to his elven face. He scanned the deck and rested his gaze on your situation.

"Almost through." The captain's voice seemed to come from right next to you.

The dark clouds made the night impossibly darker. A lightning bolt fired between the dark clouds. The clouds seemed so close you could grab them with a hand. The Ship lurched deeply and quickly to the port side. You steady yourself, then look for the captain again.

Your journey from Regalport in the Southwest of the Lahazaar to Courdain, an island north of Eel Bay has been enough to fill a book.

The meet and greet with your point of contact, Julis Points, in front of a busy tavern located on the very ritzy seaside of Regalport began with Julis' reception of four arrows through his chest. From some unknown assailant. The murder of the halfling was pinned on you, the obvious non resident, by the locals.

Enter the good Captain Thail. A lover of law and order, His ship "Law and The Order" is a testament to those ideals. He witnessed the murder and attempted to pacify the guards and ensure your presence for the duration of any investigation.

The guards declined Thail's offer.

Thail guaranteed you passage to your destination provided you physically resist the guards and remain on visible on the main deck for the journey on Law and The Order.

The Captain gave the guards a quizzical look and then he smirked. He lifted his left hand with a fast whip motion over his head and just as fast whipped his hand downward.

The guard dropped face first into the stone road, motionless. They began the snore of a fresh knock out.

So the next two days passed uneventful on the Elf Captains ship.

The storm started at noon on the third day. The sky turned black before you could flip a coin and catch it back. The winds howled, an eerie awful sound, it pierced through to the center of your brain.

The headache was instant and unbearable. You stared out over the deck and the horizon unable to process anything but pain. Your knees buckled uncontrollably the blackness that came next, frightened and comforted.

Your wrap your ams tight around the mast. Thankful the headache is gone. The Ship rolled up and then back down portside. It threatened to throw you off into the ether.

On the border of hysteria you search again for the ships helm and it's captain.

Thail raised his hands forming a circle over his head. His eyes began to glow red. His chant sends shivers over your skin as the sound fills the sails. He can save us. You are sure.

Then the night became still. No rain. No wind. No lightning. The Ship reported the sudden calm by gently rocking into a stable glide.

The smell changed as you slid into the harbor of the Saltmarsh. The boat was docked by its stoic crew of elves.

Captain Thail said his farewells on the dock. He told you that he had business in Saltmarsh, but needed to sail around the island to pick up new cargo. He would be in touch. As promised the Captain handed you small wooden box, it's latch locked. A white Elvish script adorns the top of the dark red box.

His exuded, carefree, amenable, and confidence with just a hint of intimidation. "I'll be seeing you again before I depart. In fact, let's agree to meet over there," he pointed to the far side of the docks where a large ship of patch work lumber was moored. The patchwork ship seemed to be built right into the dock.

"It's called the Snapping Line."

Law and The Order slipped silently out of the small harbor, leaving you on the docks of Saltmarsh. Two moons could be seen hanging in the cloudless night sky.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Crickets.

With the box under my arm I go to the tavern. I place the box on the bar and pay for a tankard. I *discreetly* scan the establishment customers for someone to partner with.

Do I see anyone that might be an area guide?

OUT OF GAME CHAT*I will be stepping away from the PC intermittent lly so I apologize for my slow response*

The Snapping Line, is packed. Standing room only. You arrived just in time to grab the last bar seat. The Box draws many concerned eyes. People begin congregating away from the box in the outskirts and on the balcony level. They don't overtly spit on the box. But you can tell something is up.

You scan the room keeping one eye on the box you placed on the bar. Most patrons are unarmed. Stacks of weapons are checked in near the entrance to the tavern.

You notice through the crowd there is one with weapons still kept. Two swords sheathed crosswise over a dark brown leather cuirass.

You decide to approach and recruit. Before you fully stand a rough, firm grip grabs your left arm, and yanks you partially over the bar.

"Know what that says?". His points in the direction of the box with his chin. He stares at you, incredulous, alarmed and angry, he doesn't break eye contact. "Tonight the Two hang high and alone! Take the box and go". He throws your arm free so it hits your stomach.". He furiously polishes the bartop in front of you. He takes your tankard and throws it in the sink. The mostly full tankard drops like a rock into the sink. He continues to stare at you. Another voice and face gets close to your right ear. You never had a chance.

It's skin is tinted green. It's breath smells like a wet wild forest. You can feel the two large bottom tusks move when the half orc speaks. Each word carries a various amount of spittle.

"Get out, Divine. Your kind ain't, we-"

You hold up a hand, "I get it I'll leave" you collect the box and head for the exit.

"2swords2blades2edgy, I got a real propositio-". The Half Or lowers his shoulder and pushes out the door, it latches behind you.

The window next to the door slides open and the half orca head is comically to large to be fully seen. It hangs there for a second, disappears a large rock flies at you. "Keep going! The town limits are further away"

The night and you. Crickets. You can hear crickets, and the sound of sand as you pick yourself up.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default I walk away

I pick myself up and verify my location. I look toward the docks, I can see the moon's light glint off of the calm water of the Saltmarsh. I walk the direction of the water.

I occasionally observe the box. And attempt to read the script emblazoned in white. I know I have upset the locals and keep an eye and ear out for any clue of ambush

I hear the sound of a bird cawing.

Default Is anyone really alone?

You stop just short of the end of middle most dock. Your elf eyes focus on something far in the distance.

The blackness of the water made the motion seem more surreal. Was it a tentacle? It would've been massive. As your eyes focus the distance you now see it as a large fin, or vertebrae. The object traveled from left to right.

The object rose, and the sound of rushing water crescendoed, followed by a crashing sound.

You see a ship.

You hear the bird again.

The black bird lands on your left shoulder. You would normally shue it away. But fear has crept into you and keeps your body too heavy to move.

Is the bird speaking? The Ship turns toward Saltmarsh. You can smell rot. The sails are tattered. The figures mill about the deck seem ghastly humanoid blobs.

The bird caws. You look at the bird. Buzzing. You ears are filled with buzzing. The Ship is in the harbor now. Its close to your dock. How long? Time. How far?

The bird again. You look into the birds fully black eyes. "Yes!!" Whatever the bird wants. You say yes. You stare back at the Ship of Bone. A large silhouette is prominent on the bow.

Caw. The bird lifts from your shoulder. It flies straight up where it joins a host black birds. The birds flow as if many bodies and one mind. They fly toward the ship and begin flying a circle pattern above it's bone mast. Birds caw in unison.

The box. You remember the box. It's white script glows gold. The dark red box is hot and you drop it on the dock.

The Ship begins it's retreat, becoming smaller and smaller in the horizon. Did it sink again?

The birds circle you now. You float. Your arms stretch outward to their respective limits.

"Hey!" A pretty female face is before you. The night is quiet. You look past the face to observe the sea. The Bone Ship is gone. The birds are gone. The sea is calm. You jump as you remember the bird on your shoulder. You see a bird on the corner a boathouse. It flies away. You certainly aren't floating.

"You done praying? Or whatever you were doing?". The female's hands rise to her hips and she shifts her weight raising her left hip higher than the right.

"Didn't do me any favors, calling me out like that. Landed me out here with you. Either you are smart, or your new" She makes you feel nervous, you want her to find you impressive.

'You dropped this, and if you can buy me a ticket to Sharn, I could be interested."

"You CAN read this?" Her eyes are a fine gold color. She stares into your eyes. You stare back but misunderstand her intentions.

"You're an elf that can't read elf? Just my luck. Do you have money? How were you going to compensate me then?"

Now you see the two hilts, one poking up over each shoulder.

You take the box.

Your head is pounding, you are hungry, thirsty and you feel sick. (You suffer a penalty on all rolls)

Sunrise is two hours away.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Hi, my name is...

"Itax Astrala, born 960 YK. Just outside Metrol, Cyre. My parents died in service to the queen. I--I apologize.". I collect myself. Then take it down a notch.

"I don't really know how things got this way. I didn't think I would be here alone. I could use help. A guide at the very least. A partner if it turns out."

"I'm supposed to drop this off at a warehouse here in Saltmarsh.". I indicate the box under my arms.

"Then my contact can pick me up, and this will all be behind me. This didn't happen how I wanted or how I expected.". I, subconsciously, grab the hilt of the sword on my left hip. I remember the sword was a gift from the queen to my parents, to me, really in memory of my parents service. It goes miles with the right crowd.

"I'm sure I can at least get you as far as I am going, which is far from the Lahazaar."

Default It's okay to ask

"Min Le' Vel Trey, not that you asked." She turns toward the town and starts walking away.

" I suspect your looking for Crabbers Wharf. Or something like that. A recent investigation revealed the home of the Scarlet Brotherhood. She stopped and turned to face you, she places "air quotes" around the Scarlet Brotherhood. She continues toward the main road taking a left turn.

She crosses a bridge away from town. "Your delivery is this way."

"No such thing as the Scarlet Brotherhood. It's the, dun,dun, duuun,...Bloodsails. I am here to find out why they are here and why they are operating under such, a...such an old name. The Bloodsails are well known and certainly don't need to hide."

"I'll help you, Itax, last son of Astrala, if you help me. IF we conclude satisfactory, I can get you to Sharn, hell, I can get you to Stormreach."

"One more thing. We are not delivering that box to the Bloodsails."

Min finishes talking and steps off the road to the right, she moves to a large tree with natural hole. She pulls a leather backpack from the whole and opens the large compartment.

She yanks the opening wide, and nods. She is expecting you to place the box inside.
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 04-03-2023 at 08:40 PM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Pause

I drop the box into the backpack, and agree to help her.

" Crabbers Wharf and the Scarlet Brotherhood, are connected to the Bloodsails?"

I was educated in Cyre before the Mourning and I use the little I remember to fish for more information.

"What would a nation of displaced, death worshipping elves be doing here? What does Captain Thail have to do with it?". I walk side by side with Min the road grades into a steep hill. She scans the horizon as we top the hill. We move towards a.more easterly path. A stone structure overgrown with vines stands solitary by the shore at the bottom of the hill.

"Maybe we should know what's in the box. Maybe we should hide it?". I wonder aloud but hope Min replies.

I look down to adjust my sword sash. The black hilt the gold pommel and gold U shaped guard. The crest of Astrala seated in the pommel. I want to find comfort in the blade. But I feel powerless. The evenings events haunt me.

I try for levity: " You know elves names aren't tribal. I'm not "son of Astrala". I try to be witty.

Default Will you Survive?

Min and Itax approach the small tower. The road is overgrown here. Min gives you a scolding look as your boot cracks a branch. Your sheepish grin does not soften her look.

The windows on the tower are boarded shut. The vines over shutters a natural barrier. The fr the front door a set of mossy steps meet the road. The stone steps have sunk giving the stairs severe lean.

The night is quiet. The stone tower sits near the shore of the Saltmarsh. Large reeds obscure and consistent view of the water.

The reeds to behind you and to the left come alive with sound. Your heart beats so fast and hard it's all you can hear. Your weapon is in your hand. Min steps in front of you. You hear her growl. She draws one of the blades from its sheathe on her back.
    The weapon surges with bright orange fire, and she throws it into the ground. It sheds light onto the nights grizzly unfolding scene. She draws the second hilt.

The weapon unfolds from itself and with a motion from Min you realize it's a longbow. The ends of the bow curve and shine, you can see the bow is edged at the top and bottom. Min strings the bow, and pulls the bowstring with perfect form. An arrow of light shocks your vision.

She lets the arrow fly straight up.

You don't see the animal the bursts from the reeds. It moves on all fours. You do see it swallowed by what appears to be a half dinosaur half crocodile.

"Crocodile! Crocodile!" You repeat the words, waving the point of your sword in the large predators direction.

Flthe sound of water surging can be heard from behind the reeds. Lizardfolk. The crocodile must be there pet. They emerge in a
    Half circle. You begin to count them. But get distracted. The eyes of the lizardfolk are bright red orbs. Their eyes weep blood.

The snouts are tipped black and their mouths agape, show fangs a solid green.

Min draws another light arrow aiming at the center of the group. "ORZA!". She screams.

A black bird caws, and lands on your shoulder. "Not again, oh no" fear grips you again. Your body is too heavy and your veins freeze. " Oh please.". The bird on your shoulder caws. The sound drags you from the inside your mind and back into the fight.

Your perception of time slows. Min calls out you, but the words are unintelligible due to the dilation in time. She leaps back fires an arrow at the ground in front of the large crocodile. Earth, mud, rocks burst from shot. She leaps back and sets another arrow.

The bird caws again. You notice a tall figure behind you lurking near the tower. In a moment you stand before Her. Standing two feet taller she looks over you. Her hands grab the blade from your hand. Her hands are feathered black, her nails more.like claws.

She inspects the steel blade. She whispers something to the sword and metal turns black. The inky substance covers the blade hiding the gold filigree. She stretches the blade and reforms it. The grip twice as long. The blade twice as long. The black substance crawls along the blade forming a large drop at the blades tip.

Her feathered left hand appears from darkness of her cloak, catching the blackness. The blade the of the Greatsword was the deep blackness of space. Stars and moons could seen as She moved the blade upright.

Her white mask, rests upon you. The black eye holes in the white mask chilling you.

She runs the blade into your stomach. She drives it halfway and lets go of the grip. No words, no communication pass between you and Her. He cannot read a mask. Her eyes are black holes.

An understanding form in your mind. You grab the guard with both hands and pull blade into you. Peace. True Completeness. Sacrifice and Love. Life and Death. You understand the connection. The blades grip is close enough and again with both hands bury the blade into your soul.
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 04-04-2023 at 09:57 AM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Rebirth

With time slowed still, you snap back into Eberron. You face the battle playing out before you. Min is fighting the strange lizardfolk with blades on her bow. The crocodile lurches toward you.

With both of your hands empty you gesture upwards slowly. Darkness begins to flow from you. It swallows the tower and the small reed filled beach. The lizardfolk disappear into it. The crocodile is folded into the your darkness. Your iris' glow an otherworldly yellow.

You see the lizardfolk and the crocodile fumbling in the darkness. You find Min scrambling backwards up the stone stairs.

You call the Night Sword.

You stare at the crocodile. The embarrassment and fear, it caused you to feel. Wrath is all you feel now. You swirl through the magical darkness and separate the crocodile's head from its body.

The lizardfolk continue to fumble for Min. They close in to the stairs. They hiss, and scream. The lizard in the back brandishes his stave to the sky invoking his dark god. The darkness begins to dissipate. Min fires arrows into the group as they start to appear from the fading darkness. A shaft of light lodges in the chest of one. That leaves 3.

Min calls out again, "ORZA! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Her magic bow glows as she draws the bowstring again.

The closest of the three lizards realizes to late. The Night Sword flares with green flames as you strike down. The blade slices between the neck and shoulder spilling the creatures insides into the ground. The flames flare and leap onto the back of the middle lizard.

The Mage Lizard begins chanting and waving his staff. Light brightens his shocked face as a Min strikes the creatures neck.

One left. The lizard held his bleeding arm close to his body. He sees he turn on him and he stops. His face wrinkles, just before he bares his teeth and shoots a spray from his mouth.

The Night Sword returns to its resting place far from Eberron.

You set your gaze against the spitting lizard. A single bell tolls. And lizards eyes widen. The creatures scaly skin rips and melts.
    A scream silenced by death.

Wounded, Min raises her bow towards the reeded beach expecting more nightmares to appear. You can see dark spot on her thigh. The leather armor she wore took some of the blow. She favored her right leg.

You look towards the beach too. The sky was pink with the promise of a new day.

A deep voice stirred you from your thoughts. You turn to see the Half Orc from the inn walking toward the tower. A large wooden staff in his right hand.

"My Love!" Concern moved the Orc with speed to Min. "Stay still" The deep growl was oddly comforting. Even to Itax who felt safer at the Orc's arrival. He reached into a leather pouch, and cast his healing spell.

"Oh, my Love! Had I known!" The two embraced on the stairs of the old tower. The sky still pink and purple.

"It was the Poison Dusk!". She gasped angrily. Min retrieved her flaming sword from where she had thrown it. She talked as she searched the battlefield. " They just came from nowhere!". I don't know how they knew, and I don't understand why they are moving so far from Hashatorvik.

"I have ill news as well. But First. Congratulations, my love you were right." The Horc lifts a hand in your direction. Acknowledging you for the first time since he threw you out of the inn.

"Yes, Her." Min replied grimly. "Well, at least our new friend is no spy. We can decide tomorrow, I want to eat and sleep, now."

You feel a sense of belonging and family wash over you as Min voices her acceptance of you. The Horc rests a large hand on Mins shoulder. His tusk filled smile will take some getting used to. The Horc's face turns sour. He goes from focusing on you to something behind you.

"Necromancer!" The Horc bellows. The ground begins to churn as skeletons claw from it. A tall pale elf In dark red robes chants and smiles.
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 04-04-2023 at 11:48 AM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Charge!

I call the Night Sword to me. I invoke the green flame. I charge and attack the necromancer.

Default As One

Four skeletons appear behind Orza. The druid turns to face the unnatural beings. "Return to Sleep!". Both hands slam the bottom of his staff down. "THUNDERWAVE!" The bones clatter apart before the ground absorbs them.

Min readies her bow. She silently Marks the Necromancer. She takes post near large tree blending into the forest.

Itax Astrala charges forward, Night Sword high above his head trailing green flames. This was his purpose. Death Angel. Edge Lord. The Necromancer smiles and bows with a flourish. Itax stops and lowers his weapon. Thail?

"Captain?" The Night Sword evaporates. "I don't understand."

"Well, my boy, you have a choice to make here very soon.". Thail dips his head towards Orza, who posted himself next to Itax.

"I knew of your parents. I recognized the last sword of Cyre. Where is your treasured birthright now? Your scabbard hangs empty."
    Your parents played a vital role in The Dark Ladies design. They were holding something for her. You can sense the wrongness in your past. In your heart and mind. You are Lady Illmarrow's Brother. And she waits for you now. The reunion of all her siblings is at hand, The Melding!"

Orza observes you closely. His tusks move in motion as he grinds his teeth. " I threw you out of that inn to save Saltmarsh. I sent my beloved, Min, to you to help you. I can't save you, elf. And I am not your kin. I am a druid of the Old Oath. Gatekeeper. Guardian of the Dragon Between. I will do my duty here. You can too. The power of sacrifice is a legacy left by Syberis and Eberron. This is the legacy that Min and I serve."

"Half Breed, you go too far! I barely know this one. It won't be sweet words that guide his actions, but the truth if his very existence. It's not a ln ideal to be held close! It's a reality that you don't understand!" Captain Thail softened his face and turned again to Itax.

"It wasn't fate that placed me in Regalport. It was your Sister. She sent me to guide you. It was her wish that you came willingly. None know her deep sorrow and long isolation. The Box, do have it? Open it and see her gift. Your family still lives and you have a place." Thail's eyes glowed white and as he spoke a white mist trailed from his mouth and wrapped around Itax.

Orza's face screwed itself into the honesty that comes when deep sadness draws tears from the soul. "This dark magician's truth tears at my own self. Itax, I do not know you. But I am separate from all I knew before. The Oath of the Gatekeeper was the death between me and my clan, and the Orc I was. Taker by Strength, Krastigo-shak, in my family's language.". Orza could see the Necromancer's compulsions fighting to control Itax. Orza, opened a telepathic link with Min, he spoke to her, "If you take the shot we might stop the compulsion spell. I will ready vigor, and quicken a thunderwave. "

Mins voice filled Orza's mind even amid the sacrifice of battle his heart was complete. "My love, I worry there is more at work, another ambush perhaps. I am tired from fighting all night. We all need rest. Itax was given gift tonight. He IS one of us now. Let's finish this betrayer!".

Orza sensed that Min was on the edge of her own control. He chose his next words, "Battle maiden, bearer of my love, my only home, let us unite in purpose and put this Dark Liar to his final rest!'

An arrow of light crashed through the reeds toward Thail. Thail's concentration broke!

Orza finished the vigor spell and pushed it to Itax, he spun and cracked the ground with his staff, "THUNDERWAVE!" the air shimmered with sonic power and surged toward Captain Thail. Another arrow cracked through the reeds.

Thail sniffed in derision and waved his fingers dissipating the offensive spell. The second of Min's arrows pierced the Necromancer's defense. Thail screamed and grabbed his face. Orza began a flame spell, giving the Bloodsail no break.
    The necromancer revealed his now noseless bloodless face. Thail stretches his face into the incoming fire spell and hisses it into nothing.

Another arrow leaped from the reeds.
    "Caelum!!" Shouted the Necromancer. Min yelped and began floating upwards.

"NO" Orza eyes widened and his mouth went slack his eyes searched wildly for an answer.
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 04-04-2023 at 04:15 PM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Choices

Orza's stress, a sheen of sweat deepening the green tint of his skin. He grabbed Itax by the shoulders. Itax could see frailness of mortality. The fear of final separation of death. The Horc's eyes shifted to the raven perched on Itax. "Help us! Please!". The sound more of a scream than plea.

Itax found himself in the soundless mirror realm he had been in before. When he saw...there she stood now, staring. "I can help them." The elf breathes out.

"By what means? You are bonded to me. My messenger now. Are you so dissatisfied with our agreement? A reverse of the bond would turn you into a slave of the Dragons and their Prophecy. You understand the whole truth, little warrior? Lady llmarrow is my antithesis in your Eberron. Erandis Vol violated your worlds laws in life, and she does so in her undeath."

The Raven Queen glides through the stillness of the frozen moment. She reaches out and the Night Sword forms in her hands.

"You may speak." The sword cradled now in Her hands.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default The truth of belonging

I pace back and forth. "Orza and Min have sacrificed so much for Eberron. They have each other. That involves more sacrifice. More setting aside the ego, the self. I want to belong. I do miss my parents. And I long for a connection that is familial.".

I stare at the ground pacing back and forth, occasionally I look at the world, still frozen in time. I look at it and hope I have more time to decide.

"But to share in Your purpose, my Queen, is to know peace during the storm. If reversing the bond is MY sacrifice for my friends, If it saves Min..."

I stop pacing and present myself to the Raven Queen. "I don't understand why, releasing the Bond is necessary. But I will make the sacrifice for my friends."

I stare into the Night Sword's alien sky. I see a moon and comet, the stars flare. I hate Erandis Vol. I hate Thail.

Default Wholly Broken

The queen snaps Her body in line with yours. No wind or sound exists in Mirror Realm. Even your conversations echo in your mind; still the rush of wind passes over your ears drowning out the world that slowly returns to color and slowly returns to normal.

The Raven Queen's Face appears larger than the setting sun. She speaks to you:. "You have asked for a God to restring Fate! Once Beloved by the Raven, Itax Astrala, you are renamed, Engal Azu! Only a fool sells his birthright twice, and spurns a God to despair enough to capitulate to the whims of a mortal!"

Your vision vibrates. You are reborn. You can feel reality solidifying around you. The Queen's Visage begins to fade as the world turns and Reality settles. "You are given over to the Vanity of your bloodline. Your new name is a gift, as is my favor". A black leather necklace materializes around your neck. A dull grey talon it's only adornment.

"My Bond was Peace, you have chosen to War with the Apostates and be your own God. All come to me in Death, Engal Azu, You shall come to me again."

The world was a spinning blur that stopped abruptly. You see Orza raising his arms and staff, Min rising still far from his reach. And you rest your eyes on Thail. You are behind him. 10feet? 7 feet? Not far enough for him, Thail summons his staff to his left hand, a smooth wood, black except for the arrow shaped purple metal set atop it.

You can sense the magic being pulled from Khyber, through Eberron, enter the feet of Thail. You know this is the beginning of a spell. You clawed hand plunges.through Thail's back. The tips of your claws protrude from his chest. You HATE Thail. The Bloodsail Elf Captain, doesn't have time to move before you chomp his neck leaving a large gash that flows black blood. You chomp again spitting meat over your shoulder. Again. The same spot. And again. The elf's head falls to the ground his body drops.
    You reach into yourself and open your palm at the headless body. Fire. Fire. Fire engulfs the corpse. "HELP Her!!" Orza turns and ignores the grizzly sight instead imploring for the safety of his lovely Min.

You feel big. Taller. Wider. Heavier. But you don't know why. "Fly to her!" The Horc screams in desperation. You look left and right and see black lleathery wings affixed to your back. On instinct you open them halfway.

"I am Orza Moon Druid and Gatekeeper, please, the spell will end!". You sense the magic the druid begins to call upon. You recognize it's elemental nature. "GUST!" The Horc blows a strong wind that fills your wings. GUST. He shouts again. "Please" the Horc whispers. GUST, he shouts a final time before falling to his knees.

You can absorb this magic. You know. But the wind fills your wings, threatening to send you backwards. You lean forward, then fall into oncoming spell, and you PUSH. The exertion forces sound from your mouth, and it's a terrible ear splitting roar.

The force of the wings sends you skyward as high as you can ever remember being. A brief moment and you could fall to the ground, PUSH. Again, again, as fast, as forceful. And then Min is there still rising. You cradle her in your arms and see the scales that cover your hands and arms up to your elbows. It reminds you of the scales a fish might have.

Your wings fill with air, and you flex and finesse them against your descent. You land hard and fall forward rolling away to avoid crushing the girl. Min is Safe. You did it. Sacrifice.

"Vanity." You say examining the scales and claws, that were once elven. You can feel your identity slipping away. It not like your forgetting. It's like the old you is disappearing. "Itax! Thank you! " The Horc presses you into a hug. You are taller than him now.

He pulls back but keeps contact by holding your arms. " Oh. I am very grateful. Oh. Oh." He obviously avoids commenting on your--

"Vanity!" Your voice was stiff, as if you hadn't spoken in weeks. There is a doubling effect in it's sound. "Foolish Usurper, ***** to the Prophecy, and Fallen of the Raven Queen." The fangs in your mouth cut into your lips. Their unfamiliar place another literal, barb.

Min was crying. She falls deep into Orza's chest, and his arms close around her like walls. " She picks her tear stained face up in your direction. "Thank you for my life." Her crying continues and she hides her face again. Reflexively you adjust your hair and find two horns. 'Vanity" you breathe in your new double sounding voice. You run your hands over your chest. The scales are barely noticeable and are the color of skin. The scales turn the color black.around your shoulders. You feel scales around the shoulders and find in each a hard bump that can only be the beginnings of more horn. Your hands covered with the shimmering
    scales black almost to the elbows.

You sullenly follow Min and Orza as they walk towards the Vine Covered Tower. The rising sun mocks your body. "Vanity." You reach for the talon strung from your neck. It's smooth between your fingers. You feel your wings relax from their upright position. They fall and close naturally behind your back. The wings claws interlocking around your shoulders.

You step through the doorway and you hear Orza's voice, "Erandis Vol, was or rather is a half dragon. You heard Thail, he named Itax her brother, he said there was more! More!"

The main chamber was covered with a large fur rug. Orza and Min lounged against large pillows. The room lurches and you fall unconscious to the waiting pillows.
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 04-05-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Default Twists

You turned me into a Dragon. dude! What!

Default Half right

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic1 View Post
    You turned me into a Dragon. dude! What!

Half Dragon. In an article Keith Baker said that Erandis Vol was the first successful creation with the Apex Dragonmark. He went on to insinuate that the breeding experiments of house vol. May have been years or decades long he mentioned that it was a program at bread half dragons.

He clarified that the creation of half dragons wasn't offensive it was the Apex Dragon Mark that was the danger. Go down that rabbit hole in your podcast.

THIS CONCLUDES THIS PLAY BY POST SESSION. THANKS FOR READING, THANK YOU, mrfantastic, FOR BEING APART OF THIS!

TO BE CONTINUED...
    Last edited by EdsanDarkbane; 04-05-2023 at 02:25 PM.
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Lightbulb My character description

character name : Ludwix von Venomaxe dwarf artificer 2/ alchemist 1 .

You see a darwf witha green beard scared face and silly looking wizard shaped fur hat , a rune arm with bones dangling from it and an oversized dwarven axe . he is sharing ale with some tavern goers , you over hear him texclaiming quite loudly about how he has journeyed here from sharn on a guild research expedition.