Default BUG? Stormsinger's Inspiration

I've been playing with this for a while now and have literally never seen it proc a single time. Is there some trick to make it function that I'm missing beyond having the T4 Ability and putting your regular Bardic Inspiration on another character? Does it perhaps lack visuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsinger's Inspiration
    Requires Bard Level 4. Action Point Cost: 2. Your Bardic Inspriation now grants allies a chance to have your Lightning Strike when they make a melee or ranged attack.
    I was hoping it proc'd at the same 20% that Stormsinger C2 claims to have AND that it also applied your other core upgrades and debuffs, particularly C5's "Whenever your Lightning Strike goes off, the enemy is Frozen with no save for 3 seconds."

Wiki says it's about 2%.
    Cores say "your Lightning Strike", so I doubt they would apply to others.

Community Member

I totally get the lower proc chance, given the number of attacks vs number of spells.

The fact it doesn't apply all the buffs you apply to that bolt, however, should be counted as a bug.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Ah, it's spelled "a chance to have your Lightning Strike", so it can be argued in favor of granting the buffs

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post
    Wiki says it's about 2%
    I think it's also reduced by what you're attacking. I was quickly swatting out bank & inventory favor. Versus the v.low Coin Lords targets, it never proc'd. Those died in 1 hit usually, sometimes 2, but there were a lot of them -- should have seen something. Versus the higher Kundarak targets, I got a few procs. So, I suspect the chance-of might be reduced by your target's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    The fact it doesn't apply all the buffs you apply to that bolt, however, should be counted as a bug.
    I don't know if it does apply the vulnerability and freeze or not. It wasn't proc'ing enough to tell. That's just the reason I was trying it.

Given that it hardly ever procs, it's just not useful for my buff-bard. So, I punted the stormsinger tree entirely.

IMHO, rather than reducing the proc rate and keeping buffer's damage, it should always do something like 2d6 scaled by buffer's power and including any core debuffs -- that would keep the DPS gain in line with regular bards, though it would need to also NOT have the cosmetic effect to avoid extreme annoyance (or just 2% chance of cosmetic flashy bolt).