Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Villefere View Post
    Lag is mostly client side, most of us are unaffected by it.
    [citation needed]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by analexius View Post
    It looks like all my guild has under par hardware and laggy fibre connections then...

I might need a smidget of wisdom here, what is your HW configuration not to have lag please?

I run 64gb ram, rtx2060, ryzen7 and nvme pci4, i might be a bit short XD,

Jokes aside, the lag is what drove loads of people away from the game, that needs to be P0 for the team, we love the game and play it for the last 16 years for a reason,

There were talks to migrate the servers some years ago, not sure it will ever happen...

rgds,

Analexius, BrassusCassius Argo.
    Yeah that dude is hilariously wrong, just think of them as an unpaid agent.

Lag is really server dependent these days, if there is a ton of stuff happening on a set of systems then there is going to be moments where an server to client data packet arrives 3~5 seconds after it was supposed to. Or that a client to server data packet doesn't get processed until several seconds after it's sent due to the server just being busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Earlier this year we released our Producer's Letter looking ahead to 2023, and as sometimes happens, we occasionally re-evaluate our schedule based on the work being done. We're getting ready to release an update that is expected to make improvements to game performance, and our work to update Droaam is also moving ahead of its initial time frame. As a result, we are shifting our release plans for Q2 and Q3, and moving up our Droaam update to Update 59. This will include an update to both the free dungeons associated with the story in addition to the Attack on Stormreach adventure pack. We expect to have our first Lamannia preview next week, so keep an eye out for further information. Players can expect to hear more about Vecna Unleashed in the coming months!
    So

Diplomatic Impunity
    Frame Work
    Eyes of Stone

which were the free quests and

Assault on Summerfield
    Blockade Buster
    Undermine
    Siegebreaker

which were the attack on storm reach pack are all being reworked for update 59?

May Sora Katra receive a unique model? She is one of the Daughters of Sora kell, the trio of hags that rule Droaam. I would like to think that such an important character would look unique.

On the topic of unique models The Black Abbot looks like a regular lich in the necropolis crypts. Could they be swapped for his raid model?

Community Member

Interesting. What's your definition for "most of us"?

Client side, eh? Guess my 12-core/24-thread CPU with 64GB of RAM, a 1TB PCIe NVME Gen4 SSD, and an RTX 3090 with a 1Gbps fiber connection and 25ms ping times to Boston, MA that pushes 140+ FPS in pretty much any other game, isn't quite up to par for running 17-year old DDO with basic grahpics... Technically, it pushes 140+ FPS in DDO too according to the in-game FPS HUD.

I'm certain the lag isn't due to my hardware nor my internet connection. What exactly do you think it is that causes the DDO client to lag so frequently on a server-grade machine that's likely faster and powerful than the servers SSG is running the worlds on?

The preview is still coming. The preview schedule recently underwent a bit of a shakeup, part of this announcement, really. Expect to see the next Lamannia preview next week, but the Epic Destiny won't get a preview until closer to our preview cycle for Vecna Unleashed.
    Can you confirm it's for Arti with Repair spell, melee focused epic tree as this would be not logical in Alchemests and warlock versions and not covered elsewhere. (since warlocks got some love recently and alchemists are in good shape, needs to be some arti love.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Smile Drizzt

Earlier this year we released our Producer's Letter looking ahead to 2023, and as sometimes happens, we occasionally re-evaluate our schedule based on the work being done. We're getting ready to release an update that is expected to make improvements to game performance, and our work to update Droaam is also moving ahead of its initial time frame. As a result, we are shifting our release plans for Q2 and Q3, and moving up our Droaam update to Update 59. This will include an update to both the free dungeons associated with the story in addition to the Attack on Stormreach adventure pack. We expect to have our first Lamannia preview next week, so keep an eye out for further information. Players can expect to hear more about Vecna Unleashed in the coming months!
    Recently Neverwinternights got an underdark pack where they can run with Drizzt.. How hard would it be to add this character to DDO?

Quote Originally Posted by snowhitefox View Post
    Recently Neverwinternights got an underdark pack where they can run with Drizzt.. How hard would it be to add this character to DDO?
    Very.

Neverwinter owns the Intellectual Property Rights to the Sword Coast and surrounding areas. I suppose that would include Icewind Dale, Mithril Hall, and Gauntlgrym.

DDO can do stuff in Cormyr and its general area.

These two areas are not close to each other, so the characters and personalities in each will very likely never mix.

If you want to hang out with Drizzt, you'll have to play Neverwinter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

...most of us are unaffected by it.
    How do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Why is there always that one guy?

Lag is definitely NOT client side unless EVERYONE on Orien has subpar computers. I am a network engineer with over 30 years of experience with a cutting edge computer set up, the lag is freezing up entire 12 man raids at the same time.

Here is DDO running at 122 FPS at 5120X1440

Please point out the bottleneck:

Last edited by FURYous; 03-30-2023 at 12:36 AM.
    Mr Blacks - Ranged DPS - 120PL - 50RP
    Mr Blues - Main - 177PL - 98RP
    Mr Greens - Caster CC/DC - 126PL - 37RP
    Mr Purples - Healer - 43PL - 21RP
    Mr Redd - Melee DPS - 129PL - 37RP
    Mr Whites - Tank - 138PL - 58RP

Community Member Luthor_Darkhammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    Why is there always that one guy?

Lag is definitely NOT client side unless EVERYONE on Orien has subpar computers. I am a network engineer with over 30 years of experience with a cutting edge computer set up, the lag is freezing up entire 12 man raids at the same time.

It doesn't matter the evidence we provide that it's not client side (which some I will admit is for some people), there will always be the DDO Defender to say "No in game lag, it's you". It's obvious when it'd client side vs server.

Its a small minority who even post on the forums. Most of us play lag free daily. If it's not your hardware it's your isp or infrastructure in your area.

Community Member

...our work to update Droaam is also moving ahead of its initial time frame...
    Besides the Legendary treatment of the content, can you give any flavor/thinking/thoughts on the following??

- Will we get a Saga reward out of this chain now? Or just the same randomized option of Named Loot
    - Will there be Legendary loot or will it still drop heroic items?
    - If there is Legendary loot, what will a comparable be stat-ceiling wise? Will be be a la IoD with ML 31, a la Saltmarsh with ML 31, or Sharn/SS/Hidden Hand ML 29 type stuff, etc?
    - Will there be Legendary crafting?
    - Is the Heroic loot going to be given a refresh to keep pace with similar ML10-15 options from RL, Sharn, Planar Eyes, etc?
    - Will Heroic crafting be updated?
    - Are any set bonuses planned if a loot refresh is done?
    - Are any mechanics or layouts meaningfully changing? When Catacombs was updated the back story and DM narration changed - didn't change how the missions operated - will we have a similar experience or is that flavor/immersion piece being kept intact?

Thanks in advance Cordo (and any other Devs who can shed light)

Its a small minority who even post on the forums. Most of us play lag free daily. If it's not your hardware it's your isp or infrastructure in your area.
    Do you talk to "most" people? Not likely....I'm not sure how you know "Most" play lag free. Lag is definitely server side...otherwise why would SSG be constantly talking about fixing performance issues.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post

Firstly all games have lag to some extent but since I had my PC made I have very little. Now I have no idea but I would assume that part of the bottleneck is people that have sub par pc's, I mean you have an exceptionaly good PC and can move from a to b easily and fast but now someone joins your group and has a PC running windows xp that was shop bought with an integrated Graphics card and this I see as a problem as you can not get to point c until this person gets to point b hence you lag while waiting for them to catch up. Obviously internet connection will also have some effect
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

So does it contain heroic version quests or a legendary raid?

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    I'm thinking a clonk of some sort. Won't be R10 endgame... but should be fun!
    Clonks are super fun.

Though give Sacred Fist a shot. I am not a good melee player, but i really enjoyed Sacred Fist.

A couple times, I even went to Tier 5 Radiant Servant for the Aura. It was easy for Heroic Leveling, but I couldn't fit in Empower Heal, and TBH, I didn't memorize any Cure Spells other than the Freebie one from Core 2 or 3? The Saced Fist spells are just too good.

I wonder if a Handwrap Cleric/Favored Soul might become a thing.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic discussion.

I am really excited to hear about the update. I really enjoy the Attack on Stormreach questline.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

Your not speaking on my behalf.. If you included me as part of your "most who play lag free" , leave me out of it.. lag does indeed exist.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

19. 04-01-2023, 06:09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    Interesting. What's your definition for "most of us"?

Client side, eh? Guess my 12-core/24-thread CPU with 64GB of RAM, a 1TB PCIe NVME Gen4 SSD, and an RTX 3090 with a 1Gbps fiber connection and 25ms ping times to Boston, MA that pushes 140+ FPS in pretty much any other game, isn't quite up to par for running 17-year old DDO with basic grahpics... Technically, it pushes 140+ FPS in DDO too according to the in-game FPS HUD.

I'm certain the lag isn't due to my hardware nor my internet connection. What exactly do you think it is that causes the DDO client to lag so frequently on a server-grade machine that's likely faster and powerful than the servers SSG is running the worlds on?
    I'm pretty sure you need to upgrade to an RTX 4090 to play DDO. Yeah that's it. Nice setup you have.

Hoping the lag work improves gameplay.

On a side note, perhaps newer players experience less lag because they don't have a bunch of past lives, reaper points, overflowing item/augment/ingredient bags etc.
    Last edited by Assassination; 04-01-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Community Member

ISP eh?

My inet connection is good enough and fast enough that I have trouble finding speedtest servers that can max it out.

Any other uneducated guesses you'd like to make? You're running out of incorrect reasons I think.

Last edited by LT218; 04-01-2023 at 11:55 PM.

22. 04-02-2023, 04:14 AM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast