Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Release Date timing and content update for Update 59

Earlier this year we released our Producer's Letter looking ahead to 2023, and as sometimes happens, we occasionally re-evaluate our schedule based on the work being done. We're getting ready to release an update that is expected to make improvements to game performance, and our work to update Droaam is also moving ahead of its initial time frame. As a result, we are shifting our release plans for Q2 and Q3, and moving up our Droaam update to Update 59. This will include an update to both the free dungeons associated with the story in addition to the Attack on Stormreach adventure pack. We expect to have our first Lamannia preview next week, so keep an eye out for further information. Players can expect to hear more about Vecna Unleashed in the coming months!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Couple questions:
    Will the Q3 updated raid be swapped to Q2 with Droaam too?
    Is Vecna being aimed for Q3 now (instead of Q2- which means its raid would be Q3)?

Just trying to figure out when to likely expect the next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Earlier this year we released our Producer's Letter looking ahead to 2023, and as sometimes happens, we occasionally re-evaluate our schedule based on the work being done. We're getting ready to release an update that is expected to make improvements to game performance, and our work to update Droaam is also moving ahead of its initial time frame. As a result, we are shifting our release plans for Q2 and Q3, and moving up our Droaam update to Update 59. This will include an update to both the free dungeons associated with the story in addition to the Attack on Stormreach adventure pack. We expect to have our first Lamannia preview next week, so keep an eye out for further information. Players can expect to hear more about Vecna Unleashed in the coming months!
    So just to clarify you are swapping around Vecna and Droaam but everything else is staying the same or is all of Q2 now Q3 and vice versa?
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Couple questions:
    Will the Q3 updated raid be swapped to Q2 with Droaam too?
    Is Vecna being aimed for Q3 now (instead of Q2- which means its raid would be Q3)?

Just trying to figure out when to likely expect the next raid.
    No, the "raid" referenced in the Producer's Letter is not being moved. Its exact status is unclear currently, although we do intend to do the work. We'll have more about its timing once we know more. Yes on Vecna, although Q3 isn't actually all that far away. We'll have more specific timing about our preview plans for it and beyond as we get closer to that point in the process.
    Join us on Twitch!

Thinking positively... Thinking positively... Thinking positively... Thanks for the open communication. Yeah. Yeah. Thinking positively...
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Community Member

So old school canon Vecna lives: Tovag Baragu instance? , Vecna Reborn, intersection with all the Ravenloft material i assume you have rights to? , and most unlikely Die Vecna Die the Monte cook planescape invasion (most unlikely).
    Or do your own thing? , I am excited to see how SSG brings Vecna into the meta of their game. Market forces being what they are, there is also the Vecna incarnation of stranger things...
    GL hitting the sweet spot of old and new, can't wait.

Solver of Dark Secrets Magnus_Arcanis's Avatar

Hello,

Concerning the new Epic Destiny. Is that expected to release in Q2 or Q3?

Super excited for the new option.
    - Arcanaverse

Twitch - Streaming most Weekends @ 4pm eastern.

YouTube - Newly launched

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_Arcanis View Post
    Hello,

Concerning the new Epic Destiny. Is that expected to release in Q2 or Q3?

Super excited for the new option.
    The new Epic Destiny is currently expected to be associated with Vecna Unleashed, so Q3.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

If nothing else, I'm happy about some more communication on the forums.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Droam update should be interesting! Hopefully we get an update to the crafting system there.

Legendary Vampric Stonedust Wraps?
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord Check out my YouTube Channel
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post

Legendary Vampric Stonedust Wraps?
    I thought you said you were a Cleric guy?

You got some sort of Ceric/Sacred Fist build in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karatemack View Post
    Droam update should be interesting!
    Im dreading the Droam update. This is by far the best work ever done by the team and I dont think the current devs can improve on it. If we get an awful corrupt a wish refresh like Catacombs I will not be happy. If they mostly leave heroic alone (with a loot refresh) and progress the story with the Legendary version then I will be happy.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I thought you said you were a Cleric guy?

You got some sort of Ceric/Sacred Fist build in mind?
    I'm thinking a clonk of some sort. Won't be R10 endgame... but should be fun!
    Active Characters: Griglok (main), Fiergen, Greyhead, Havegun
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___
    Feel free to join our Discord Check out my YouTube Channel
    Builds I'm Currently Playing

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilzarion View Post
    So old school canon Vecna lives: Tovag Baragu instance? , Vecna Reborn, intersection with all the Ravenloft material i assume you have rights to? , and most unlikely Die Vecna Die the Monte cook planescape invasion (most unlikely).
    Or do your own thing? , I am excited to see how SSG brings Vecna into the meta of their game. Market forces being what they are, there is also the Vecna incarnation of stranger things...
    GL hitting the sweet spot of old and new, can't wait.
    Interesting you brought that up. While I see Vecna Lives (with or without Eberron influence) being the most likely, I won't rule out RL either. I saw a rumor on the DDO wiki a while ago that they were thinking about using Ravenloft some more.
    Dragnilar, Follow of Bahamut
    Server: Khyber
    Guild: ClanNotAGuild

Community Member

The new Epic Destiny is currently expected to be associated with Vecna Unleashed, so Q3.
    I remember hearing about this new destiny a few weeks ago, on one of your streams. And that it would be on Lam in the coming week (which would be 2 or 3 weeks ago now). But the Lam Forums have no mention of anything new since the Archtypes. Did it actually get shown on Lam and just didn't get added to the Lam forums? Or did it not end up getting shown at all?
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Thank you for this, 100% directionally correct.
    It seems SSG is coming around to the understanding that if lag is not finally really seriously addressed there can be no dense servers, and no dense servers mean folks stop gaming as they can't fill raids, LFMs, guilds et cetera.

I hope the player community asking for new content likewise understands that without FIRST addressing the lag to allow for dense servers, all the new content in the world won't matter as folks either:
    1. wont be able to run it well due to lag on the big servers or
    2. wont be able to run it well due to lack of dense server population on the other servers.

All roads forward lead through fixing the lag first in a serious way.
    Best of luck and hope this can be addressed.

Sincerely,
    Cru

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxader View Post
    Thank you for this, 100% directionally correct.
    It seems SSG is coming around to the understanding that if lag is not finally really seriously addressed there can be no dense servers, and no dense servers mean folks stop gaming as they can't fill raids, LFMs, guilds et cetera.

I hope the player community asking for new content likewise understands that without FIRST addressing the lag to allow for dense servers, all the new content in the world won't matter as folks either:
    1. wont be able to run it well due to lag on the big servers or
    2. wont be able to run it well due to lack of dense server population on the other servers.

All roads forward lead through fixing the lag first in a serious way.
    Best of luck and hope this can be addressed.

Sincerely,
    Cru

this sums up my thoughts as well ....the communication and lag being highlighted for me

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    I remember hearing about this new destiny a few weeks ago, on one of your streams. And that it would be on Lam in the coming week (which would be 2 or 3 weeks ago now). But the Lam Forums have no mention of anything new since the Archtypes. Did it actually get shown on Lam and just didn't get added to the Lam forums? Or did it not end up getting shown at all?
    The preview is still coming. The preview schedule recently underwent a bit of a shakeup, part of this announcement, really. Expect to see the next Lamannia preview next week, but the Epic Destiny won't get a preview until closer to our preview cycle for Vecna Unleashed.
    Join us on Twitch!

Lag is mostly client side, most of us are unaffected by it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Villefere View Post
    Lag is mostly client side, most of us are unaffected by it.
    It looks like all my guild has under par hardware and laggy fibre connections then...

I might need a smidget of wisdom here, what is your HW configuration not to have lag please?

I run 64gb ram, rtx2060, ryzen7 and nvme pci4, i might be a bit short XD,

Jokes aside, the lag is what drove loads of people away from the game, that needs to be P0 for the team, we love the game and play it for the last 16 years for a reason,

There were talks to migrate the servers some years ago, not sure it will ever happen...

rgds,

Analexius, BrassusCassius Argo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast