Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Orien as a server just sucks right now. Can not even enter the first floor of the airship without lag.

The server can not handle any population at all
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

My latency for a west coast to east coast connection is around 86ms. Assuming the data center is Massachusetts. On G my pings are stable. and 0 packet loss. Up and down is stable. On Orien I get wild swings of latency. From my average to around 110ms. No packet loss.

The Server just stutters. Stuttering on a first life toon in korthos solo. hmm......

Not getting that on G with a vet toon. lol

Lag AFTER free moves to Orien is way way worse then lag BEFORE free moves.
    It's pretty clear what the source of lag is. Player numbers on Orien.

Occam's Razor cuts through most ********

4. 03-26-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    I prefer Jeremy's Razors. https://www.jeremysrazors.com/

Also, Jeremy's Razors have zero lag in comparison to Orien.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post

Yet I am getting the same kind of lag on Argo. Especially the raid lag. When a raid ends it takes 5-10 seconds for the end chests to pop up. Everyone is frozen in place and especially in skellies we have to hope nobody got the head glitch (need to fix that also SSG) and wiped the party while we are all running in place or hanging in mid air. It also happens in our guild TR groups running R8/10. Once you beat the red name or fulfill the end conditions it takes 3-5 seconds for the chest to pop up or for the xp to be calculated and rewarded.

When I solo for gear, fun or profit I usually don't get that problem. So if 5/6 do a quest solo and there is no problem, why do those same 5/6 people all hitch and lag when together? Sounds like to me if you want to get rid of lag to not group at all. I mean Occam's Razor and all that....

7. 03-27-2023, 07:05 AM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post

Pings under 100MS with no packet loss likely have very little lag. If you have 4GB of VRAM and 8GB of RAM
    Absolute nonesense. I leave near New York city I get sub 20ms latency. On a PC with a 5950x and a 6900XT, was as close to top of the line as you reasonably could build it 2021.

I think you may be right about certain people carrying lag with them though.

Orien just needs more instance and a lower threshold before people are transitioned.
    Last edited by Mamalian; 03-27-2023 at 07:17 AM.

If you live in a foreign country trying to hook onto SSG servers in Boston you *WILL* get lag and latency. Or if you live in a sh*th*le state like NJ (my condolences) then you WILL get lag. Simple as.

It's not SSG, it's you.
    Last edited by Stradivarius; 03-27-2023 at 07:23 AM.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Stradivarius View Post
    If you live in a foreign country trying to hook onto SSG servers in Boston you *WILL* get lag and latency. Or if you live in a sh*th*le state like NJ (my condolences) then you WILL get lag. Simple as.

It's not SSG, it's you.
    BS, If I log into Ghallanda all is fine and dandy.
    If I log into Orien it's a stutterfest with disconnects sprinkled in.
    That is if I can log into Orien at all.

I am very happy that we made the decision to stay on Ghallanda, and not make a panic move, or a move for any other reason.

Considering that Orien is now likely nearing max bandwidth, I feel strongly that SSG made the right choice to keep the number of servers that it has. These "gland is crumbling and Orien is crumbling" threads may not break the TOS, but I feel they should be taken down because they must be making any kind of server population balance much harder to maintain as people buy into the drama that these types of "panic threads" seem to encourage whether directly or through 2nd hand.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I played on Orien last week, lag seemed slightly worse but still playable. Meanwhile on Thelanis we had a several minute long lag spike in Fall of the Forbidden Temple on Saturday (here is some of it from my stream if dev sees this https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularLacon...cGCjYJwjoIERpb). And lag for whatever reason was a lot worse than normal on Thelanis this past Saturday.

Do they have dynamic sharing of server loads between each virtual server? Has the overpopulation on Orien created lag for everyone else as well?

It's not SSG, it's you.

Since latency is a measurement on how long a packet gets from point A to point B. Not exactly sure what living in a foreign country has to do with it. The stuttering on Orien is server performance issue. Like I said not getting it on Ghallanda.

Now make yourself useful and figure out a way to half latency. I want my packets to move at the speed of light not double. You might win a Nobel prize or something.

15. 03-27-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Halciet View Post
    If the OP is referring to crippling minute or longer lag spikes they are, at the very least, also occurring on Thelanis.

rarely, but they are happening
    Yikes!

On Orien, lag has seemed a bit worse than normal to me, but for me, it's usually a second or 2. Once a week or so I'll get one that's like 30 seconds, but I wonder if it's me, my ISP, or the game?
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon
    HC7: Typhoon, Dreaded Knight, and Wish. HC6: Naivety. HC5: Who Is Here. HC4: Cylon Centurian. HC3: Soulstone in Your Pack. HC2: Carnage

Thelanis had a bit of lag over the weekend. Gland had a bit of lag over the weekend. Orien had a bit of lag over the weekend.

Somewhere between 5pm Friday est to 9pm Sunday est.

I feel this above data is accurate to the average quality of data most of us give on any given day in regards to the performance of the servers.

I admit, I only ran a few quests on Gland and Orien, most of my time was on Thelanis, but what does that say over all.

If I ran into the same amount of lag on Gland as I did on Orien, and I did on Thelanis but was on Thelanis 5x as much. Does that mean Orien and Gland have 5x as much lag? Does that mean the lag on orien and Gland is equal?
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    These "gland is crumbling and Orien is crumbling" threads may not break the TOS, but I feel they should be taken down
    What you have said is a direct attack on freedom of speech and last time I checked, USA is a democracy. I am not stating a lie or altering the facts - step into R1 raid in Orien and it is Insha-allah if you have a lag-free instance. Even Cordovan has said they will be looking into allocating more resources to Orien, I am just asking one step extra - provide a dedicated server and not virtualise with other servers (even if it doesnt help much).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valtan View Post
    What you have said is a direct attack on freedom of speech and last time I checked, USA is a democracy. I am not stating a lie or altering the facts - step into R1 raid in Orien and it is Insha-allah if you have a lag-free instance. Even Cordovan has said they will be looking into allocating more resources to Orien, I am just asking one step extra - provide a dedicated server and not virtualise with other servers (even if it doesnt help much).
    There is no freedom of speech on a private forum like this one.

Just pointing out that this is the case. Not arguing whether it should be or not.

Community Member

Do they have dynamic sharing of server loads between each virtual server? Has the overpopulation on Orien created lag for everyone else as well?
    a well designed environment would.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    Thelanis had a bit of lag over the weekend. Gland had a bit of lag over the weekend. Orien had a bit of lag over the weekend.

Somewhere between 5pm Friday est to 9pm Sunday est.

I feel this above data is accurate to the average quality of data most of us give on any given day in regards to the performance of the servers.

I admit, I only ran a few quests on Gland and Orien, most of my time was on Thelanis, but what does that say over all.

If I ran into the same amount of lag on Gland as I did on Orien, and I did on Thelanis but was on Thelanis 5x as much. Does that mean Orien and Gland have 5x as much lag? Does that mean the lag on orien and Gland is equal?
    Gland has a population of about 4 right now so if there was any lag there's definitely something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtan View Post
    What you have said is a direct attack on freedom of speech and last time I checked, USA is a democracy...
    Thankfully it is, however when we join a forum we agree to a set of rules and the admin/owners get to set the etiquette as they see fit. We are not free to say whatever we want. It's private property, we are in "SSG's house".

As far as how the lag is on each server, who knows? There are many, many real-time changing dynamics. Noone can answer that question accurately.

At the end of the day, there is very little we can do. It would be nice if we can get a report from SSG detailing the monitoring and stats that they see on their end. But I imagine that is going to be too big of an ask and I'm ok with that. I trust them that they are doing everything they can do to provide the best gaming environment possible for us.

Bottom line: Tyrs Paladium is not leaving Ghallanda until the server shuts down, on its final day. You can bet your lifetime savings on that.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-27-2023 at 11:28 AM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Its not crumbling and its playable but it really gets annoying on weekends and eveening. Seems to me full parties and raids are even worse, playing solo its less of an issue .

Said that it is expected to have new threads like that on weekends or a boom on the ones already here. No biggy about it and expected.
    Last edited by DaviMOC; 03-27-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast