Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I am waiting 17 years for this.

And I have to say that they should have an option to don´t remake all 20 levels when reincarnating. A simple question: Do you want to remake your character or to repeat it all would be more than enough.

Will we see it?

errrrr... I would rather pay 200 bucks for 2 bug passes than for more expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Inventory is much easier if you take a minimalist approach you will save your time too
    I agreed with that.

No point is storing every single piece of loot you get. Or even outdated stuff that is not useful anymore.

"Ah but they can get a rework in the future and be useful" Then you can farm the new items again.

I have 6 bank toons, for better management (since they have plenty of space available), one for heroic armor, one for heroic weapons, epic armor, epic weapons, one for trinkets in general (necklaces, rings and things like that) and one for consumables/cosmetics (pots, boosters, mirrors).

This make easy to find what I want, when I want and I still have plenty of storage available for future updates (and I may also discart some trash items in the process).

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorOfLiterature View Post
    +++

I’m to the point where when I get to cap I dread it. I really don’t want to TR because finding room for my cache and moving it all around takes me a couple hours. I want to play a game, not work! Devs, it feels like work and that isn’t good. Recent bank changes have helped, but I am stuck at 240 shared bank and it isn’t nearly enough.
    And the worst is you can't fix it with buying more space because there isn't more available to buy.
    Probably because someone picked an 8 bit int for the number of bank slots and that's not changable for some ridiculous reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriega View Post
    Probably because someone picked an 8 bit int for the number of bank slots and that's not changable for some ridiculous reason.
    It was the same person who decided "character's first name only" was the unique identifier for DDO to use for individual characters.
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    It was the same person who decided "character's first name only" was the unique identifier for DDO to use for individual characters.
    This was actually the norm back when DDO was originally programmed. The concept of letting two characters walk around with the same name is relatively new in gaming.
    If I can read the dev tracker, you can too.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorOfLiterature View Post
    +++

I’m to the point where when I get to cap I dread it. I really don’t want to TR because finding room for my cache and moving it all around takes me a couple hours. I want to play a game, not work! Devs, it feels like work and that isn’t good. Recent bank changes have helped, but I am stuck at 240 shared bank and it isn’t nearly enough.
    another reason minimal is handy

not only does it cut down on time moving things around to empty TR Cashe but it speeds up empty the cashe less items in bank & cashe = less laggy bank

Default No.

Sorry, but I'm just not going "minimalist" in a game where my reward is supposed to be that I collect items, craft items, and earn and craft cosmetic items. They will not receive a single dollar from me, or even a login from me ever again until they increase the storage to where it is not so laborious, and allow us to collect the new items that come out with the new expansions. Otherwise, even purchasing new expansions is a waste of money. I actually regret the money I recently spent.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitedrift View Post
    Sorry, but I'm just not going "minimalist" in a game where my reward is supposed to be that I collect items, craft items, and earn and craft cosmetic items. They will not receive a single dollar from me, or even a login from me ever again until they increase the storage to where it is not so laborious, and allow us to collect the new items that come out with the new expansions. Otherwise, even purchasing new expansions is a waste of money. I actually regret the money I recently spent.
    Its easier to list the things that aren't killing the game at this point. But storage SHOULD be a super easy fix. I don't even care that it might take 2-3 minutes for the bank interface to load up, thats still faster than hopping alts.

It’s a choice to be encumbered by collecting more or to have a more fluid experience by not
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 03-29-2023 at 10:00 PM.

I've been playing this game for many years now.. and have spent much money on it.. and purchased lots of storage.. and it's still not enough. I have made multiple side characters to store things and take up like 15 slots.. and it's still not enough. Our storage space is massively constricted compared to the sheer number of items, and new items being constantly added. Swapping, mailing, and moving things around in the bank has become extremely tedious and time consuming. Like, I don't want to spend hours upon hours just managing inventory.. especially when I want to do a TR and have to deal with the cache. Can you guys fix this?? It's actually taking a lot of enjoyment out of the game. I shouldn't be having to run a warehouse, when I should be running dungeons. However, not being able to collect the items from the dungeon removes the reward for doing them other than xp, which would be irrelevant at level cap. There has got to be a way.. for us to select what cosmetic items we wish to wear from the character inventory screen without having to constantly swap and do all kinds of tedious back and forth. I know it's possible.. I have seen it in other games. The RPG "Rift" from Trion Worlds for example, has such a system. You can select any cosmetic you want to wear right there in a wardrobe tab of your inventory screen. It's so easy. It would be grand if we could do the same with weapons and items for each equip slot; click on a slot which opens a window that allows us to select from our arsenal of weapons, or armory of other items. Click on a necklace slot; every necklace you collected is an option. This would be a massive quality of life boost for this game. Quite honestly, the anniversary event is here.. and I would love to earn the items from it.. but I have no place to put it.. so what is the point? I do not wish to destroy the items I already collected. Some of them are even crafted items that can never be replaced. Inventory.. needs a complete overhaul because it is sucking the fun out of the game for me. I can't even get excited about new items because I have nowhere to put them..
    I sometimes feel I spend more time inventory managing and gear tetris than actually playing the game. That's not necessarily the game's fault but it sucks horribly
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Community Member

Sorry, but I'm just not going "minimalist" in a game where my reward is supposed to be that I collect items, craft items, and earn and craft cosmetic items.
    Yes collecting gear is a BIG part of RPGs. What is the point of improving my character with pastlives when I TR into a class I don't have gear for, cause I had to feed it to make room? It will perform worse than with less PL but good gear.

And no, re-farming items is not really an option, it takes way too long and much too RNG dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I sometimes feel I spend more time inventory managing and gear tetris than actually playing the game. That's not necessarily the game's fault but it sucks horribly
    Sorry but I think it is the game's fault. Even if they can't increase space per character and shared bank, they could at least make mule management easier and faster.
    Let us export inventory/bank to list. Offer dedicated mule characters to buy, that have favor slots already maxed.

And there is always the option to improve drop rates of older gear and/or offering bad luck protection (quest runes?), so re-farming is guaranteed with enough dedication and doesn't take ages.

Community Member

It baffles me that the single most complained about aspect of DDO is storage.... Storage and Lag..... The two most talked about complaints in DDO are storage and lag. And yet expansion pack after expansion after event after HCL we keep getting more and more cosmetic stuff that we need to store, cos "it's gonna look amazing on my Female Dwarven Druid hippie life, when I finally get round to it".

I know what you minimalist guys are saying, but it's harder for the casual player to dump their named items cos it took years to get them. And yes I do know that I never use that heroic blood stone, but I farmed it for over a decade and finally traded bronze tokens for it when that became a thing and I'm keeping it **** it! I did however, finally bite the bullet and sell all of my Bigbys hands. Well I did have about 750-1000 of each colour and I've been a solo player for at least 5 years.

Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    Players would probably pay for more storage if it was available even if it was priced out at current price that’s not really the issue

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    Replace "players become minimalist" with "players stop playing and walk away from the game entirely" and it's accurate.

I've not met anyone who "became minimalist", only people who started out that way and now advocate their less-fun play-style to anyone who will listen. I do however know countless people who quit the game entirely over storage issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eantarus View Post
    Replace "players become minimalist" with "players stop playing and walk away from the game entirely" and it's accurate.

I've not met anyone who "became minimalist", only people who started out that way and now advocate their less-fun play-style to anyone who will listen. I do however know countless people who quit the game entirely over storage issues.
    Sure you have

Less fun is subjective I’ve not seen anyone in the thread say that the mule bank log out Tetris was fun

Originally Posted by Infinitedrift
    ... Swapping, mailing, and moving things around in the bank has become extremely tedious and time consuming. ... It's actually taking a lot of enjoyment out of the game. ... I can't even get excited about new items because
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 03-30-2023 at 01:38 PM.

Community Member

Default DDO: The Inventory Management Game

After all these years, have you not figured it out? DDO is THE Inventory Management Game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eantarus View Post

I've always been a minimalist, but this game broke me. Now I am part of the problem. I too contribute to lag with my 16 mules and thousands of items. The one thing I do correctly is refusing to pay for any of this storage. I don't go VIP and I don't buy points. I am not going to reward this company with money for designing a terrible inventory system with the intention of monetizing it. You want something I will pay for? Add a monster manual for items that can store every item in the game on a single character without taking up any bag space. Make item collection and storage fun. I never dread killing a new monster because I have no space for it in my monster manual, but I definitely dread getting new gear and having to decide what to do with it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smelt32 View Post
    It baffles me that the single most complained about aspect of DDO is storage.... Storage and Lag..... The two most talked about complaints in DDO are storage and lag.
    Yeah lag seems to be really complicated to fix... so many factors could influence it.

Storage could be partially fixed with either making items more farmable: a drop rate increase & bad luck protection. Or offering cheap fully upgraded mules with a system to export a storage list. (fan made addon used to exist but it doesn't work with new banking system).

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I've always been a minimalist, but this game broke me. Now I am part of the problem. I too contribute to lag with my 16 mules and thousands of items. The one thing I do correctly is refusing to pay for any of this storage. I don't go VIP and I don't buy points. I am not going to reward this company with money for designing a terrible inventory system with the intention of monetizing it. You want something I will pay for? Add a monster manual for items that can store every item in the game on a single character without taking up any bag space. Make item collection and storage fun. I never dread killing a new monster because I have no space for it in my monster manual, but I definitely dread getting new gear and having to decide what to do with it.
    I doubt having multiple mules with full storage increases lag when they are not logged in? What probably causes lag is the log in, log out, log next mule in, ...

A partially fix could be making storage expansions much cheaper, so it's not cheaper to make a new mule instead. This will reduce average number of mules a player has and relogs per hour. And like I said above, search/export functions, so people don't log onto mules unnecessarily if said mule doesn't have the item they are looking for.

Of course a real fix like your proposed collection manual for items would be MUCH better.

Community Member

So..... any news on inventory/banking?

Lag overall has decreased that's great. But logout lag for mules still exists and there is no way to look through your mules inventory without logging onto everyone.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast