Community Member

Default Current Blightcaster Build (Caster)

Hope this will generate some discussion and maybe help me improve my build. Please note that I do not have racial completionist or class completionist.

I use this build to solo reaper 6 quests and may try doing reaper 8 solo at some point. In a group this build can deal significant damage even up to r10.

Currently I am a pure level 20 Blightcaster (please note this build runs in Hive Form), Shifter (Wildhunt) as race, with the following feats:

1. Maximize
    3. Empower
    6. Quicken
    9. Past life Wizard
    12. Spell Focus Evocation
    15. Greater Spell Focus Evocation
    18. Heighten
    21. Wellspring of Power
    22. Epic Spell Power Acid
    24: Burst Of Glacial Wrath
    25. Epic Spell Power Poison
    27. Embolden
    28. Epic Spell Power Force (this is a leftover from trying Ruin and Greater Ruin, subject to change)
    30. Intensify Spell
    30. Scion of the Plane of Earth
    31. Legendary Toughness

Stats are: Str 8, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 8

Skills are: Balance 11, Concentration 23, Diplomacy 23, Heal 23, Listen 16, Spot 23, Spellcraft 23, Tumble 1, UMD 11

HP: 1759 (2429 Reaper)
    PRR: 114 (125 Reaper)
    MRR: 88

Saves: Fort 70, Reflex 72, Will 89 (these are all reaper values with Greater Heroism)

As for gear I am currently using 7 piece autumn to get the legendary bonus to crit damage. I do not have a Gem of Many Facets with Elder's set on it yet. I messed around with a few other gear sets including Walking Ancestor for more con with 3-4 piece autumn to retain the 25 USP and 6% universal crit. I may try fitting in 5 piece dread set at some point for more PRR and Profane Spellpower.

I will only list the relevant stats on each item along with augments.

Head: Legendary Crown of Leaves: +2 Profane Well Rounded (Green slot: Topaz of Greater Necromancy)

Neck: Celestial Insignia: Angelic Grace, Healing Amp +53, Quality Con 3, Quality PRR 8 (Green slot: Diamond of Con 14)

Trinket: Bottled Rainstorm: Quenched, Insightful Power of the Frozen Storm +74, Quality Power of the Frozen Storm +36, Fire Res +52 (Blue slot: Diamond of Festive Con +2, Green slot: Diamond of Dex +12)

Goggles: Random Gen: Wisdom 15, Insightful Wisdom 6

Goggles alternative: Legendary Collective Sight: Wisdom 13, Insightful wisdom 6, Quality Resistance +2 (Blue slot: Your choice of augment)

Armor: Leathers of the Celestial Sage: Fortification 146%, Dodge 13%, Sheltering +34, Parrying +6, Blurry, Deathblock, Insightful Spell Focus Mastery +3 (Green slot: Sapphire of Natural Armor +11, Blue Slot: Sapphire of Protection +11) It has come to my attention that this version is not available anymore. If you do not have this use the alternative armor and cloak listed.

Cloak: Legendary Cloak of Autumn: Acid Absorb 34%, Insightful Con +6, Feat: Wind Through the Trees, Lesser Displacement (Green slot: Topaz of Greater Transmutation)

Alternative Armor: Legendary Robe of the Autumn Winds or Legendary Leaf Mail: Exceptional Spell Lore 5%, Exceptional Spell Power +15, Physical Sheltering +33, Parrying +6 (Robe has both a Blue and a Green augment slot, The light armor only has a Green slot.)

Alternative Cloak: Legendary Walking Ancestor's Shroud: Charisma +14, Spell Focus Mastery +5, Insightful Spell Focus Mastery +3 (Green augment slot and Colorless augment slot)

Note with alternatives you will need to slot in insightful con and fortification or find fortification elsewhere. Other options for augments slots include MRR and Dodge or really whatever you want. Robes will probably hit or be near the MRR cap of 50 without the augment. You will need to stick to a Robe or Light armor to retain evasion from hive master form. You could use Cladding of Dead Leaves if you wanted but you would lose evasion.

Bracers 1: Legendary Green Dragonscale Bracers: 10% Spell Cost Reduction, Vitality +44, Poison Resistance +50 (Green slot: Sapphire of False Life +54)

Bracers 2: Legendary Hallowed Castigators: Swapped in to heal only. Devotion +142, Healing Lore +21%

Belt: Legendary Black Satin Waist: Quality Wisdom +3, Spell Penetration +8, Quality Spell Focus Mastery +2, Spell Resistance +38 (Green slot: Festive Wisdom +2)

Ring 1: Dino Bone Ring: Acid Spell Crit Damage 35%, Sacred Spell DC's +2 (Blue slot: Sapphire of Resistance +10, Green slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood, Yellow slot: Draconic Soul Gem)

Ring 2: Legendary Ring of Fall's Decay: Acid Spellpower 142, Acid Spell Crit Chance 21%, Nullification 142, Void Lore 21% (Green slot: Essence of Pomura's Momento)

Boots: Legendary Sunken Slippers: Quality Cha +3, Insightful Potency +49, Quality Potency +24 (Yellow slot: Topaz of Greater Conjuration)

Gloves: Legendary Deadringers: Profane Spell Focus +2, Wizardry +269, Insightful Wizardry +134 (Green slot: Topaz of Greater Evocation)

Weapon 1: Dino Bone Quarterstaff: Potency +102, +2 Exceptional Spell DC's, +5 Equipment all Spell DC's, +5% Exceptional Universal Spell Crit Chance, Exceptional Wisdom +2, final slot will go to either vulnerability stacking or MRR Debuff when I get the resources

Weapon 2: Staff of the Summer Solstice: This is only swapped in to cast Call Lightning Storm to proc Legendary Affirmation

This puts relavent spellpowers before metamagic and with pots at: 892 Acid, 750 Cold, Electric 765, Force 777, Negative 808, Poison 807, Positive 808

Crit Chances: 63% Acid, 38% Cold, 38% Electric, 33% Force, 54% Negative, 46% Poison, 42% Positive (with Castigators)

Crit Damage: Acid 100%, Cold/Electric/Negative 40%, Force 50%

Wisdom in Reaper with pots and Wildhunt Shift: 108

Spell DC's: Conjuration 115, Evocation 117, Transmutation 112, Necromancy 109, Illusion 107 (These all increase by 3 when reaper clicky is active. Blightcaster also applies a debuff on offensive spellcast that debuffs all saves by 4 so these dc's can be treated as 4 higher after you hit mobs with a spell.)

I have 91 enhancement points total: 11 in Shifter for casting while Shifting, 41 in Blightcaster, 26 in Season's Herald, 13 in Feydark Illusionist

I have 69 destiny points: I have spent 35 in Draconic, 12 in Primal Avatar, 22 in Fatesinger

I was considering dropping fatesinger which would result in -2 to all stats and I would also lose 10% discount on spell costs and also dropping the Draconic Mantle. I would then put more points into Primal Avatar to pick up Thorn Mantle, Ever Green, cores 2 and 3, and maybe more universal spellpower in tier 4, Draconic points would be shifted to get more fort and reflex saves and no fail fort saves on a 1. The remaining points would be put into either Magus of the Eclipse for Cold/Negative spellpower and 10% spellpoints as well as more will saves or into Shadowdancer for DDoor, Force/universal spellpower and more reflex saves to make evasion from hive form more effective.

Damage Spells against most quest enemies and trash includes: Earthquake, Burst of Glacial Wrath, Greater Color Spray, Grasping Thorns, Salt Ray and Tsunami for CC this is then followed by Black dragon breath, Acid Well and Shard Storm for raw damage. Earthquake can do a significant amount of acid damage given time. It appears that it does something like 2d6+1 acid damage per caster level rather then just 2d6+1 as the enhancement states. It also appears to apply a lingering dot effect for 30 seconds that ticks every 3 seconds even if the mob leaves the earthquake after the initial dot tick.

Against bosses the spells used changes to: Black dragon bolt, Creeping Doom SLA, Carrion Swarm, Rend the Soul, Poison, Greater Creeping Cold (if I remember to press it), Earthquake, Storm of Vengeance, Acid Well and Shard Storm. Priority goes to keeping Carrion Swarm stacked at 3.

Special mentions go to Word of Balance and Necrotic Ray as these can deal decent damage. Finger of Death and Wail of the Banshee are sometimes usable of low fort mobs. Also remember to keep Call Lightning Storm going with second staff to generate temp hp. This build can generate up to 2403 temp hp between Legendary Affirmation, Death Eater, Rejuv Cocoon and Shard Storm.

Any comments are welcome especially those that can help me reconfigure the gear or destinies and I hope this can generate some more talk regarding endgame Blightcaster.

Thank you!

-Anniyon (Sarlona)
    Last edited by Anniyon; 03-22-2023 at 12:23 AM.

videos of a blightcaster soloing r8 quests would be nice.

also good luck finding random generated goggles with wis 15 and ins wis 6.

if I hit 1138 cold spell power (without metamagic) with a build not focused on dps and you hit only 892 acid spell power, there is probably something wrong.
    Last edited by Michele; 03-20-2023 at 02:08 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    videos of a blightcaster soloing r8 quests would be nice.

also good luck finding random generated goggles with wis 15 and ins wis 6.

if I hit 1138 cold spell power (without metamagic) with a build not focused on dps and you hit only 892 acid spell power, there is probably something wrong.
    Looking at my own gear and enhancements I see the following missing spellpower: 30 artifact acid, 25 profane, 10 from core 4-5 Season's herald or feydark core 4-5 gives 10 universal, 39 from legendary greensteel intelligence skills, 30 from dragonborn, 12 from raw intelligence increases, 3 from sapphire of good luck, 3 from shared spirit, 15 from Coalescence, 15 exceptional, and another 39 from not having insightful and quality corrosion vs insightful and quality potency. This is a total of 221ish missing spellpower. If I missed anything please let me know!

Thank you for the comment Michele definitely room for improvement for spellpower!
    Last edited by Anniyon; 03-20-2023 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniyon View Post
    Looking at my own gear and enhancements I see the following missing spellpower: 30 artifact acid, 25 profane, 10 from core 4-5 Season's herald or feydark core 4-5 gives 10 universal, 39 from legendary greensteel intelligence skills, 30 from dragonborn, 12 from raw intelligence increases, 3 from sapphire of good luck, 3 from shared spirit, 15 from Coalescence, 15 exceptional, and another 39 from not having insightful and quality corrosion vs insightful and quality potency. This is a total of 221ish missing spellpower. If I missed anything please let me know!

Thank you for the comment Michele definitely room for improvement for spellpower!
    perfect list

you probably have double implement from equipping a quarterstaff.

potion of superior corrosion for +?? acid spell power lasting 3 minutes.

Community Member

perfect list

you probably have double implement from equipping a quarterstaff.

potion of superior corrosion for +?? acid spell power lasting 3 minutes.
    Good call on the pots. I believe the commendation of valor universal pots stack with the specific ones as well unless it has been changed or I am misremembering.

Also updated the goggles with collective sight as an alternative if rng doesn't favor you.

Armor: Leathers of the Celestial Sage: Fortification 146%, Dodge 13%, Sheltering +34, Parrying +6, Blurry, Deathblock, Insightful Spell Focus Mastery +3 (Green slot: Sapphire of Natural Armor +11, Blue Slot: Sapphire of Protection +11)
    +2 only.
    English not my native language. What's your excuse?

7. 03-20-2023, 07:29 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    +2 only.
    https://imgur.com/h5vM6i7

The wiki could be wrong or maybe they updated it at some point?

Regardless I am considering swapping the ac augments out or maybe swapping to autumn robes with walking ancestor cloak for insightful spell focus. I don't think my AC will ever be anything to write home about so maybe it's not worth trying for. The autumn robes would be ease of swapping to Reveler's Regalia to increase spell crit by an additional 25. Could also use autumn light armor. I want to stay robe/light armor specifically for evasion from hive master form.

The staff's equipment bonus to spell dc's could then be swapped to stacking acid dot. The bonus exceptional spell crit would then be on the armor.
    Last edited by Anniyon; 03-20-2023 at 07:40 PM.

https://imgur.com/h5vM6i7

The wiki could be wrong or maybe they updated it at some point?
    I personally have this armor and my provide only +2 to Insightful SM. Wiki fully correct, attributes was squished after U50. Your picture from pre-U50.
    Last edited by Fisto_Mk_I; 03-21-2023 at 04:49 AM.

This evening I have to check the Leathers of the Celestial Sage from the raid vendor because if it's insightful spell focus mastery +3 then it's an item to consider together with the Anger of the Avalanche set.

Fisto_Mk_I, to me it seems that Anniyon has an updated screenshot because I see blightcaster spells on his bar: maybe his armor is the powerful old one not available anymore, but he still has it in his inventory.
    Last edited by Michele; 03-21-2023 at 06:38 AM.

Community Member

Nice to see you post this.

Is this on your main?

Why are u using poison? Is it doing any significant damage?

If going wildhunt shifter and shifting maybe consider blood feast filigrees for some more tmp hp.

I suggest you try acid, cold and force.

With regards to epic destinies I suggest you use primal avatar for shard storm and the mantle from here getting you tmp spellpoints. Shard storm can actually deal a good deal of damage as you have probably seen. Then go for draconic and magus.

Your spell crit chances seems kind of low?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Nice to see you post this.

Is this on your main?

Why are u using poison? Is it doing any significant damage?

If going wildhunt shifter and shifting maybe consider blood feast filigrees for some more tmp hp.

I suggest you try acid, cold and force.

With regards to epic destinies I suggest you use primal avatar for shard storm and the mantle from here getting you tmp spellpoints. Shard storm can actually deal a good deal of damage as you have probably seen. Then go for draconic and magus.

Your spell crit chances seems kind of low?
    Hello and thank you for responding. Yes this is on my main. I recently started playing again so I am missing quite a few past lives. I have poison and negative mostly passively built in via the gear through autumn ring. Poison and negative damage increases damage of carrion swarm, shard storm, negative energy ray, rend the soul and the poison spell. It does feel like it adds up when all the dots are ticking on bosses, but it could also just be the sheer number of dots ticking. Clearing trash isn't that much of an issue even with only a small investment in cold/force for tsunami.

As for crit you are correct it is rather low on poison/negative fronts though those are not a main focus. I am missing 6% artifact acid spell crit and I am not sure how to get it outside of the killing time mountain set which I do not have at the moment. I suppose you could try using Feywild Dreamer but I am not sure how useful that would be outside of the 6% acid crit chance and 30 acid spellpower. I would also lose 15% crit damage from dropping 7 piece autumn because I do not have Elder's knowledge gem of many facets at the moment and probably will not any time soon unfortunately. It just seems like there are not any good acid based wisdom sets at the moment. Maybe I could try something related to dino bone sets but I am still farming bones myself. I do not think there is an acid crit chance filigree set like frozen wanderer for ice, though I could try elemental avatar maybe?

Good call on the blood feast filigrees, I may give it a try.

With regards to destinies: https://imgur.com/btgdqpM

That is my current set up but I may try using the Thorn mantle. Not sure how the damage would stack up but I'm sure it would be fine as well. Ever green is a tempting reason to go that route as after dropping fatesinger I am missing that extra 10% spell cost reduction.

If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would very much appreciate it. Thank you again!

maybe his armor is the powerful old one not available anymore, but he still has it in his inventory.
    Yea, i think it must be pre-U50 old ML29 version instead ML27.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto_Mk_I View Post
    Yea, i think it must be pre-U50 old ML29 version instead ML27.
    Yes I guess mine is from pre update 50. Sorry for the confusion.

I updated the original post with armor and cloak alternatives not sure where else to find insightful spell focus outside of raid items and my raiding schedule is not very stable. My gear for the build is just using what I have or can easily get outside of raiding. They are admittedly not very well thought out so if you have any suggestions for alternatives that would be great.
    Last edited by Anniyon; 03-22-2023 at 12:28 AM.

starting with constitution 18 and intelligence 10 is a better option in my opinion: I'm sure you will survive without diplomacy and listen.
    You put 11 points of UMD, while my druid uses any scrolls with 2 points of UMD.

These are my skills: tumble x1, umd x2, jump x6, spellcraft, concentration, balance, spot, heal, search (for secret doors)

I'm not even sure I need a maxed search skill since I use this belt:
    legendary green steel belt with competence bonus to intelligence skills +22 (tier 1), insightful bonus to intelligence skills +11 (tier 2), quality bonus to intelligence skills +6 (tier 3)

Autumn set is obsolete.

You could use all these sets:
    1) Chained Elementals set to get artifact acid and cold spellpower and spell critical chance (Bound Elemental Ring of Frost + Bound Elemental Ring of Acid);
    2) Legendary elder's knowledge set for +6% Artifact bonus to Spell Critical Chance and +15% Legendary bonus to Spell Critical Damage (Legendary Elder's Focus + Legendary Gem of Many Facets);
    3) Echoes of the Walking Ancestors set with armor + helm + Legendary Walking Ancestor's Shroud cloak if you want insightful spell focus mastery +3.

I would forget about putting effort to buff poison spells: I didn't find any blightcaster high damaging poison spells (in high reaper you have to kill your target trash mobs in 2 or 3 seconds at max, it's not an option waiting 30+ seconds that a dot does damage over time).

35% cold and acid Spell critical damage on dino helm, dino artifact, and I don't know if you want force spell critical damage somewhere else.

You can craft cool stuff on the legendar gem of many facets.

If I'm not wrong you can run Skeleton raid without optionals just to obtain the runes that you need to get dino armor and dino helm (correct me if I'm wrong).

Let me know if you miss some bonus by using the sets that I mentioned above.

Community Member

starting with constitution 18 and intelligence 10 is a better option in my opinion: I'm sure you will survive without diplomacy and listen.
    You put 11 points of UMD, while my druid uses any scrolls with 2 points of UMD.

These are my skills: tumble x1, umd x2, jump x6, spellcraft, concentration, balance, spot, heal, search (for secret doors)

I'm not even sure I need a maxed search skill since I use this belt:
    legendary green steel belt with competence bonus to intelligence skills +22 (tier 1), insightful bonus to intelligence skills +11 (tier 2), quality bonus to intelligence skills +6 (tier 3)

Autumn set is obsolete.

You could use all these sets:
    1) Chained Elementals set to get artifact acid and cold spellpower and spell critical chance (Bound Elemental Ring of Frost + Bound Elemental Ring of Acid);
    2) Legendary elder's knowledge set for +6% Artifact bonus to Spell Critical Chance and +15% Legendary bonus to Spell Critical Damage (Legendary Elder's Focus + Legendary Gem of Many Facets);
    3) Echoes of the Walking Ancestors set with armor + helm + Legendary Walking Ancestor's Shroud cloak if you want insightful spell focus mastery +3.

I would forget about putting effort to buff poison spells: I didn't find any blightcaster high damaging poison spells (in high reaper you have to kill your target trash mobs in 2 or 3 seconds at max, it's not an option waiting 30+ seconds that a dot does damage over time).

35% cold and acid Spell critical damage on dino helm, dino artifact, and I don't know if you want force spell critical damage somewhere else.

You can craft cool stuff on the legendar gem of many facets.

If I'm not wrong you can run Skeleton raid without optionals just to obtain the runes that you need to get dino armor and dino helm (correct me if I'm wrong).

Let me know if you miss some bonus by using the sets that I mentioned above.
    These are much appreciated suggestions. Currently I do not have a Gem with Elder's knowledge on it. I could potentially switch to Walking Ancestor's, Chained Elementals with dino bracers instead, and then use 3 piece autumn for the 6% universal until rng blesses me with an appropriate gem. Is it worth dropping 15% spell crit damage for the time being? Also the poison spell power is mainly for shard storm and carrion swarm. Perhaps the cold damage on tsunami would be more valuable, though I have had success with my current set up in r6-r8 solo's. I have been experimenting with dropping dragon breath altogether and using carrion swarm instead with a decent amount of success. I will try and make a video and upload it though I am having trouble doing so.

Again thank you for the suggestions!

These are much appreciated suggestions. Currently I do not have a Gem with Elder's knowledge on it. I could potentially switch to Walking Ancestor's, Chained Elementals with dino bracers instead, and then use 3 piece autumn for the 6% universal until rng blesses me with an appropriate gem. Is it worth dropping 15% spell crit damage for the time being? Also the poison spell power is mainly for shard storm and carrion swarm. Perhaps the cold damage on tsunami would be more valuable, though I have had success with my current set up in r6-r8 solo's. I have been experimenting with dropping dragon breath altogether and using carrion swarm instead with a decent amount of success. I will try and make a video and upload it though I am having trouble doing so.

Again thank you for the suggestions!
    Getting a legendary gem of many facets is the easiest thing you can get: just do chronoscope once, upgrade it to legendary version and then reroll it using threads of fate until it has Elder's knowledge set (you'll reroll only a few times, not many threads needed).

I never saw carrion swarm in action, is it quick and does it have a large area of effect? I don't know if it hits with the same efficacy as dragon breath.

I remember poison spell hitting mobs in a very small area of effect (nothing comparable to the area of effect of a fireball for sure).

Carrion swarm: 1d6+1 acid and 1d6+1 poison damage per 2 character levels for 8 seconds (stacks up to 3 times, but at r10 difficulty mobs kill you if you don't kill them within the 6 seconds cooldown).

Dragon breath: 1d6+10 damage per Character level (which is doubled with tier 4 Improve Dragon Breath).

As you can see, there is no match between those 2 epic strikes.

Some videos would definitely help me to understand new blightcaster strategies, and more importantly how quick it kills at which difficulty: a good test is killing trash mobs in R10 Grim and Barret.

Community Member

Getting a legendary gem of many facets is the easiest thing you can get: just do chronoscope once, upgrade it to legendary version and then reroll it using threads of fate until it has Elder's knowledge set (you'll reroll only a few times, not many threads needed).

I never saw carrion swarm in action, is it quick and does it have a large area of effect? I don't know if it hits with the same efficacy as dragon breath.

I remember poison spell hitting mobs in a very small area of effect (nothing comparable to the area of effect of a fireball for sure).

Carrion swarm: 1d6+1 acid and 1d6+1 poison damage per 2 character levels for 8 seconds (stacks up to 3 times, but at r10 difficulty mobs kill you if you don't kill them within the 6 seconds cooldown).

Dragon breath: 1d6+10 damage per Character level (which is doubled with tier 4 Improve Dragon Breath).

As you can see, there is no match between those 2 epic strikes.

Some videos would definitely help me to understand new blightcaster strategies, and more importantly how quick it kills at which difficulty: a good test is killing trash mobs in R10 Grim and Barret.
    I've had really bad luck rolling my gem thus far. I've done it about 20 times and have not gotten it yet and as I said before my raiding schedule is not the best so it may still be some time before I get it. When I do what would you suggest crafting on it?

I agree that dragon breath is the better choice especially in r10 so I will keep the destiny points posted as is for now. It's more so just been stacking the dots from earthquake, grasping thorns, storm of vengeance, carrion swarm, draconic dot and the shots from shard storm though I think my head is in the mindset of "Wow it would be cool to use this ability theme wise." I will say I still like it for high hp things like bosses but dragon breath is probably better for not getting overwhelmed. Gameplay usually involves creating a sort of kill box with earthquake, grasping thorns and sometimes ice storm and sleet storm. Storm of Vengeance is used when available as the acid damage is decent. Burst of glacial wrath, tsunami and greater color spray are used as well. When playing with dragon breath I find things that do survive it (and acid well) quickly die from earthquake acid dot, storm of vengeance acid and grasping thorns.

I will try your suggestions for itemization but continue to use autumn trinket, neck and gloves (for 6% universal spell crit chance, and 25 universal spell power) until I manage to roll the gem to what is needed, then I'll fully swap over. I may try the primal mantle with ever green like Ultinoob suggested and see how well that works out.

Again, thank you for the feedback it has been very helpful.

I've had really bad luck rolling my gem thus far. I've done it about 20 times and have not gotten it yet and as I said before my raiding schedule is not the best so it may still be some time before I get it. When I do what would you suggest crafting on it?

I agree that dragon breath is the better choice especially in r10 so I will keep the destiny points posted as is for now. It's more so just been stacking the dots from earthquake, grasping thorns, storm of vengeance, carrion swarm, draconic dot and the shots from shard storm though I think my head is in the mindset of "Wow it would be cool to use this ability theme wise." I will say I still like it for high hp things like bosses but dragon breath is probably better for not getting overwhelmed. Gameplay usually involves creating a sort of kill box with earthquake, grasping thorns and sometimes ice storm and sleet storm. Storm of Vengeance is used when available as the acid damage is decent. Burst of glacial wrath, tsunami and greater color spray are used as well. When playing with dragon breath I find things that do survive it (and acid well) quickly die from earthquake acid dot, storm of vengeance acid and grasping thorns.

I will try your suggestions for itemization but continue to use autumn trinket, neck and gloves (for 6% universal spell crit chance, and 25 universal spell power) until I manage to roll the gem to what is needed, then I'll fully swap over. I may try the primal mantle with ever green like Ultinoob suggested and see how well that works out.

Again, thank you for the feedback it has been very helpful.
    On your gem of many facets I suggest you to craft effects difficult to get elsewhere: in the extra effect I would put insightful spell power or insightful wisdom +6, while on prefix and suffix I put glaciation and impulse +153 for my cold druid but there are many other useful effects you can find on wiki.

You could find useful to swap these weapons:

Weapons swapped to cast call lightning storm:
    - Weapon primary (prr/mrr debuff with call lightning storm): dinosaur bone club with enhancement bonus to universal spell power +102 (iridiscent scale), spells have a chance to inflict ten stacks of cold damage over time (icefang), equipment bonus to electric spellpower +149 (iridiscent claw: electric), spells have a chance to reduce prr and mrr (shadowhorn) (purple slot: ???) (orange slot: ???)

- Weapon secondary: (1000 temporary hit points buff with call lightning storm) dinosaur bone club with enhancement bonus to spell cost reduction +10% (shadowscale), spells deal a large amount of stacking acid damage over time (meltfang), equipment bonus to acid spellpower +149 (iridiscent claw: acid), spells have a chance to grant you 1,000 temporary hit points (brighthorn) (purple slot: ???) (orange slot: ???)

Weapons swapped to self heal at R10 difficulty:
    - Weapon primary: legendary green steel scepter with enhancement bonus to healing amplification +30 (tier 1), equipment bonus to healing amplification +50 (tier 2), competence bonus to healing amplification +70 (tier 3), legendary affirmation (weapon bonus effect), dark discorporation clicky

- Weapon secondary: legendary malleable sceptre of devotion with devotion +142, insightful devotion +71, healing lore +21% (red slot: ???)
    Last edited by Michele; 03-23-2023 at 06:04 AM.